Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-21-2012, 11:15 PM
A Child Of The Most High

Cody Marks

...is an absolute beast.

Just a beast.

My Lawwwd.

That is all.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Re: Cody Marks

http://www.codymarks.com/codymarks/Home.html
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-22-2012, 12:03 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Um. Ok.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:47 AM
A Child Of The Most High

http://www.flickr.com/photos/therockchurch/page5/
Old 07-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Administrator

LOL!! C'mon Bro Joe, I thought my link would get more of a response from you! When I googled the name to see who you were talking about I did run across the pics at the Rock & Roll Church but then saw the link to a female singer with the same name and got a kick out of that. Thought I would teach you to be a little more specific in your posts!!!!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-22-2012, 02:24 PM
A Child Of The Most High

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
LOL!! C'mon Bro Joe, I thought my link would get more of a response from you! When I googled the name to see who you were talking about I did run across the pics at the Rock & Roll Church but then saw the link to a female singer with the same name and got a kick out of that. Thought I would teach you to be a little more specific in your posts!!!!

Old 07-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

He's at my church tonight and next Sunday! My wife and daughter are sick or I'd be there. He is also going to be at Ignite Conference in AL. Here's a link.

I am not missing next week!!!

http://igniteconference.org/speakers.html

For those interested in hearing Bro. Marks at my church tonight, or simply watching some good church in your pajamas any other Wed/Sun., go to newlifeupc.com

Last edited by HolyFire; 07-22-2012 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyFire View Post
He's at my church tonight and next Sunday! My wife and daughter are sick or I'd be there. He is also going to be at Ignite Conference in AL. Here's a link.

I am not missing next week!!!

http://igniteconference.org/speakers.html

For those interested in hearing Bro. Marks at my church tonight, or simply watching some good church in your pajamas any other Wed/Sun., go to newlifeupc.com
The live stream is good quality with good audio. I will try and watch some of it. It is on as of 6:31pm CST.

HF, I didn't know you were in B'ham. I drive through there quite a bit on business trips between Nashville and Mobile. For years hated driving through there because it seemed like every time there would be a bad wreck and traffic would be at a standstill for an hour.

However apparently sometime in the last three years or so Alabama folks learned how to drive because I haven't been held up going through Birmingham!

On a side note I LOVE driving the Alabama stretch of my trip from Nasvhille to MObile because apparently there must be a total of 3 state troopers in all of the state of Alabama as I never run into any. On the other hand Tennessee must have more state troopers per capita than any other state. You can't go 500 feet on a TN interstate without seeing a cop.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 07-23-2012, 12:34 AM
A Child Of The Most High

Quote:
On the other hand Tennessee must have more state troopers per capita than any other state. You can't go 500 feet on a TN interstate without seeing a cop.
Ever been to California?
Old 07-23-2012, 04:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
The live stream is good quality with good audio. I will try and watch some of it. It is on as of 6:31pm CST.

HF, I didn't know you were in B'ham. I drive through there quite a bit on business trips between Nashville and Mobile. For years hated driving through there because it seemed like every time there would be a bad wreck and traffic would be at a standstill for an hour.

However apparently sometime in the last three years or so Alabama folks learned how to drive because I haven't been held up going through Birmingham!

On a side note I LOVE driving the Alabama stretch of my trip from Nasvhille to MObile because apparently there must be a total of 3 state troopers in all of the state of Alabama as I never run into any. On the other hand Tennessee must have more state troopers per capita than any other state. You can't go 500 feet on a TN interstate without seeing a cop.
Watch out around Cullman.