Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Re: Hard Hitting Praise Tonight Misty Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Yes. It is possible even you have some false doctrine in your life. It is possible I do too.

We must always live and walk in the Spirit, and ask the Lord to show us the best way we can walk in the truth we have. If we keep a sincere, humble spirit, and keep from getting an elitist attitude that "we have it all figured out", then we can pray that the Lord will find us acceptable in His sight. We must never think we have got some kind of superior elitist insight into the Lord. He knows how to knocks us off our pedestal if we do. And I speak to myself as well as to anyone reading this.

I don't claim to know all things, but I want to walk in all the truth I can.
We should expect to see the promise of Jesus fulfilled that the Spirit will guide us into all truth.

That is the only thing that will finally bring the children of light into unity.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

In your extensive online viewing of IHOPKC, have you ever seen one person filled with the Holy Ghost there?
Old 12-31-2013, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
With that being said, I would be very careful to be a part of anyone in the contemplative prayer movement.

I had a friend give me a book written by someone (whose name I forget now), but the book was called Contemplative Prayer. It sounded good. I got a prayer journal, and began to follow the steps she outlined to more productive prayer. Learning more about prayer is always good isn't it?

Well, I struggled with the first chapter or two of the book, and couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong. I just felt so icky reading her book. She asked the reader to take one passage of scripture and sit and imagine things, imagine people in the room with you, and to feel the powers around you as you imagined these things.

I was at our local Christian thrift store, and found the book by Brian Flynn. After reading it, I got up and threw that book on contemplative prayer away. You see, the Spirit of the Lord within me recognized the evil in it, while at first, it seemed quite sincere, and simple. I couldn't get past the first chapter or two, before I had set the book aside, because I believe the Spirit of the Lord within me was rising up against the demonic force that doctrine is entangled with.

Contemplative prayer is simply New Age doctrine tied up in a pretty pleasing package, and it is very dangerous.
Did you listen to the teaching video I posted by Misty? Do you think it was new age? She said more in about 6 min of value that 98% of the sermons I ever heard.

Now if I ever meet someone who is somehow being new age about ANYTHING believe me I will tell them about it.

Think like this. A great majority of kids come to IHOP because they are SEARCHING for more than they have. Lutherans, Baptists, Catholics even some Pentecostals.

And MOST OF THEM actually find more of Jesus than they had before. This is what so many don't get. Is someone moving forward when they go to another Church?

I wish everyone would all go to Churches that teach nothing but truth. But its exciting to me.....God is moving in someones life when they are moving forward. That's called a move of God.

Anytime we are getting more light than we had we are being led by the Spirit.

Is the Spirit leading thousands of young people out of dead Churches and off the streets to IHOP? I absolutely believe so! Then after they continue to seek him he can lead them out of IHOP and into a real Apostolic New Testament Church.

Can the Spirit lead people out of todays mostly error ridden Apostolic Churches into something more like Jesus? Sure but we do as you said have to be open.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Seems you worship a movement more than God, IMO. Which is why you're drawn to Misty Edwards. It's not about Jesus, as much as it is a memory of the past you cling to.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
In your extensive online viewing of IHOPKC, have you ever seen one person filled with the Holy Ghost there?
Thousands of people at IHOP speak in tongues. They are a Charismatic Church.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Seems you worship a movement more than God, IMO. Which is why you're drawn to Misty Edwards. It's not about Jesus, as much as it is a memory of the past you cling to.
Peace and love.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Thousands of people at IHOP speak in tongues. They are a Charismatic Church.
That doesn't answer the question.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Peace and love.
Daisies and flower power, dude!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:27 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Glad to provide such great entertainment for you!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 12-31-2013, 05:49 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

this is funny. how can he know if they received the HS for the first time through watching a video?

*laughs*