Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:32 AM
My Family!

Re: Mich Has Nothing to Say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Well, Mich, you are going to have to change the title of this thread to "Mich has lots to say!" Congrats.

P.S. Renda, I hate your avatar.
Is that better?
Old 11-17-2010, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Is that better?
LOL! Yes! Much!

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 11-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Is that better?
I love this!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:52 AM
You used to call me Michlow

So I was wondering whether or not to share this, when I remember this old thread, and thought it would be a perfect place.

Last night as I got home from work, I was contemplating the two plum trees that we have in front of our house. They are about 10 years old, and prior to last fall we have never trimmed or pruned them. As a result they had grown completely out of control. One had big long branches that covered up part of the driveway, and they both contained way too many branches, to the point where sometimes they would break under the weight of the fruit, and eventually it became impossible to even access most of the fruit because it was so hidden inside, and would end up rotting on the branches, and attracting all the ants, wasps, bees and flies in the neighborhood.

So last fall, tired of dealing with that every spring, I went to town on both of the trees. When I was done, they were not pretty to look at. Because I had to remove all the branches that were rubbing against each other or intertwined, or growing over the driveway, the trees were left with only the thickest and oldest limbs.

All Winter I would look at my sad little trees and shake my head. They looked so pathetic and naked. And many times I wondered what my neighbors thought of my hacked up stubby branches. But eventually spring came, at first there were just a few leaves here and there, but eventually after lots of rain and sunshine, the trees were soon covered with a big beautiful canopy of green.

So pretty were they, that it took me several months before I noticed, that not one plum existed on either tree. For a minute, I questioned myself. After all, the trees HAD produced fruit in the past, maybe I should not have trimmed them so drastically. I sat there a few minutes, just kind of staring off into space, contemplating, and eventually reminding myself that though the trees had produced fruit, it was impossible to access and so usually rotted, that it attracted the worst kind of outdoor pests, and if we had continued to let them grow as they were, eventually the problems would have been impossible to correct and the trees would have had to be entirely removed.

And then I had that momentary epiphany where for a moment you see something so clearly, that all you can do is gasp and let it sink in to you psyche. At that moment, I saw myself as one of those trees, who had been planted well, but grew crooked and out of control and in too many directions. And though I produced fruit, it was often hidden and inaccessible, and often fell to the ground unharvested. And I got to a place, where the only option left was to cut off everything that was hindering me, or that had grown crookedly, leaving only a few solid stubby branches.

My winter, where nothing grew, and I was just a chopped off tree in limbo, lasted years before the spring came and once again I became a healthy flourishing tree. And maybe I'm not fruitful right now, but I have hope that when the fruit returns in the next season of my life, it will be so much better than it was before.
“There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting.”

― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Old 05-23-2013, 09:20 AM
Don't ask.

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:42 AM
On the road less traveled

What an incredible truth and reality DG! You have quite a talent for writing, and expressing your thoughts!

I have often thought the same things, as each year I would cut my gorgeous rose bushes back to almost nothing, and they looked so sad and pitiful all winter, but... come spring, the most amazing show of beauty and growth would take place, and the new growth would always outdo the pruning job from the fall before.

So... I am know that this "pruning" time that you have been through will indeed lead you to greater heights and beauty than you've seen before... thank you for sharing your journey with us... really glad you're back
Old 05-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotomy Girl View Post
So I was wondering whether or not to share this, when I remember this old thread, and thought it would be a perfect place.

Last night as I got home from work, I was contemplating the two plum trees that we have in front of our house. They are about 10 years old, and prior to last fall we have never trimmed or pruned them. As a result they had grown completely out of control. One had big long branches that covered up part of the driveway, and they both contained way too many branches, to the point where sometimes they would break under the weight of the fruit, and eventually it became impossible to even access most of the fruit because it was so hidden inside, and would end up rotting on the branches, and attracting all the ants, wasps, bees and flies in the neighborhood.

So last fall, tired of dealing with that every spring, I went to town on both of the trees. When I was done, they were not pretty to look at. Because I had to remove all the branches that were rubbing against each other or intertwined, or growing over the driveway, the trees were left with only the thickest and oldest limbs.

All Winter I would look at my sad little trees and shake my head. They looked so pathetic and naked. And many times I wondered what my neighbors thought of my hacked up stubby branches. But eventually spring came, at first there were just a few leaves here and there, but eventually after lots of rain and sunshine, the trees were soon covered with a big beautiful canopy of green.

So pretty were they, that it took me several months before I noticed, that not one plum existed on either tree. For a minute, I questioned myself. After all, the trees HAD produced fruit in the past, maybe I should not have trimmed them so drastically. I sat there a few minutes, just kind of staring off into space, contemplating, and eventually reminding myself that though the trees had produced fruit, it was impossible to access and so usually rotted, that it attracted the worst kind of outdoor pests, and if we had continued to let them grow as they were, eventually the problems would have been impossible to correct and the trees would have had to be entirely removed.

And then I had that momentary epiphany where for a moment you see something so clearly, that all you can do is gasp and let it sink in to you psyche. At that moment, I saw myself as one of those trees, who had been planted well, but grew crooked and out of control and in too many directions. And though I produced fruit, it was often hidden and inaccessible, and often fell to the ground unharvested. And I got to a place, where the only option left was to cut off everything that was hindering me, or that had grown crookedly, leaving only a few solid stubby branches.

My winter, where nothing grew, and I was just a chopped off tree in limbo, lasted years before the spring came and once again I became a healthy flourishing tree. And maybe I'm not fruitful right now, but I have hope that when the fruit returns in the next season of my life, it will be so much better than it was before.
You cut your hair?

Just kidding! Jesus said he prunes every branch, did he not, that they may bring forth more fruit.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf