Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Psalms 132:1

Trinity: False Doctrine of Blind Leaders.

The terms "Trinity" and "persons" as related to the Godhead, while not found in the Scriptures, are words in harmony with Scripture, whereby we may convey to others our immediate understanding of the doctrine of Christ respecting the Being of God, as distinguished from "gods many and lords many." We therefore may speak with propriety of the Lord our God who is One Lord, as a trinity or as one Being of three persons, and still be absolutely scriptural.

Distinction and Relationship in the Godhead
Christ taught a distinction of Persons in the Godhead which He expressed in specific terms of relationship, as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, but that this distinction and relationship, as to its mode is inscrutable and incomprehensible, because unexplained.

Unity of the One Being of Father, Son and Holy Spirit
Accordingly, therefore, there is that in the Father which constitutes him the Father and not the Son; there is that in the Son which constitutes Him the Son and not the Father; and there is that in the Holy Spirit which constitutes Him the Holy Spirit and not either the Father or the Son. Wherefore the Father is the Begetter, the Son is the Begotten, and the Holy Spirit is the one proceeding from the Father and the Son. Therefore, because these three persons in the Godhead are in a state of unity, there is but one Lord God Almighty and His name one.

Identity and Cooperation in the Godhead
The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are never identical as to Person; nor confused as to relation; nor divided in respect to the Godhead; nor opposed as to cooperation. The Son is in the Father and the Father is in the Son as to relationship. The Son is with the Father and the Father is with the Son, as to fellowship. The Father is not from the Son, but the Son is from the Father, as to authority. The Holy Spirit is from the Father and the Son proceeding, as to nature, relationship, cooperation and authority. Hence, neither Person in the Godhead either exists or works separately or independently of the others.

The only thing right in these false statements concerning the Godhead is "while not found in the Scriptures".

The trinity doctrine is propagated by roman catholicism, taught by popes, priest and the illegitimate daughters of rome.

Mark 12:29

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:KJV

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 03-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

The question that is been circulating around here for some is:Are Trinitarians saved if we are justified by faith?

Where did you get your Trinitarian Godhead statement. It sounds orthodox but a little old -fashioned.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
The question that is been circulating around here for some is:Are Trinitarians saved if we are justified by faith?

Where did you get your Trinitarian Godhead statement. It sounds orthodox but a little old -fashioned.

http://www.ag.org/top/beliefs/Statem...sft_full.cfm#2

Old 03-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Honorary Admin

The AOG has also stated that "if the Trinitarian postion ever becomes untenable for some reason, that rather than move to the 'tritheistic" end of the spectrum, they would move toward the "oneness" position.

I can't locate the publication that the quote comes from, but I know that I am very close to the exact wording.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
The AOG has also stated that "if the Trinitarian postion ever becomes untenable for some reason, that rather than move to the 'tritheistic" end of the spectrum, they would move toward the "oneness" position.

I can't locate the publication that the quote comes from, but I know that I am very close to the exact wording.

"IF the trinitarian position ever becomes untenable".

What a hoot!

Trinitarians have ZERO Scriptural base now, how much worse could it get.

Oh yeah, statements like this are supposed to be good news.

"Pray, boys, they're looking our way".

Yeah.......Right.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
"IF the trinitarian position ever becomes untenable".

What a hoot!

Trinitarians have ZERO Scriptural base now, how much worse could it get.

Oh yeah, statements like this are supposed to be good news.

"Pray, boys, they're looking our way".

Yeah.......Right.
It wasn't my intent to imply that they are "looking our way" at all. I was only pointing out what I remembered from a publication I read.

I agree that their position in untenable, biblically now. The Bible is never a problem to Trinitarians. Tradition and a handed-down view point is.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
It wasn't my intent to imply that they are "looking our way" at all. I was only pointing out what I remembered from a publication I read.

I agree that their position in untenable, biblically now. The Bible is never a problem to Trinitarians. Tradition and a handed-down view point is.

Are you saying that their position will some day be biblically tenable?

And far as "the Bible is never a problem to trinitarians".

You're right.

They just ignore the Bible and preach/teach/believe the roman catholic heresy.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
Are you saying that their position will some day be biblically tenable?

And far as "the Bible is never a problem to trinitarians".

You're right.

They just ignore the Bible and preach/teach/believe the roman catholic heresy.
True.
Old 03-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

The Holy Ghost never taught anyone a Trintarian doctrine, but I believe some of them ,will have the true of The oneness of God revealed to them.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Traveling the Road of Infraction ......

The Assembly of gods is looking our way -- to see who snickered.