Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 06-15-2013, 07:02 AM
Banned

Re: The REAL problem with Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopy View Post
Sharia Law it is now. (Ok, Ed, they aren't buying "Canadians" as enemies any more; who else we got? Murder with religious and tyrannical overtones {when we're done}-perfect-oh; from where? Well, never mind-we can 'doorstep' it. :cackle)

A Christian American could throw a dart at a map of Islam, and move to the corresponding place, and live immersed in sharia law the rest of there lives, and most likely (all things considered) never become aware of it. Especially if they took there tv with them.
There's that little dress code thing to keep aware of but what irony it is indeed that apostolics, who for decades shunned others due to dress and appearance, now declare "sinful" islamic codes of modesty that are much more conservative
Old 06-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopy View Post
I think the most glaring problem with these statements is that one puts themselves in the position of judge when they make them; Scripture tells us that Ishmael was blessed of God, does it not? And so when, obviously despite personal knowledge of this foreign, monotheistic religion, as verified by Scripture, one seeks to cast stones, or imagine a 'problem' outside there scope, they first must cast away Christ.

We must remember, I think, that even the word will pass away, and the word is made moot (of no effect), and that such Scriptural evidence, so at odds with our current grasp of reality, if we truly believe that the word is inspired, must lead us into a different understanding, completely, of just what it is for, and what it does; divide, by exposing our hearts.

The word is living, and splits asunder in a way that exposes hearts, Esaias; and the Koran does the same thing-so the very 'proof' you hold up as evidence condemns you, who would not be condemned. You might seek a view of yourself here, from another vantage point; I suggest that ou may not like what you see, with all do respect.
your problem is you don't read what people write, you read what you think they 'mean' and then set yourself up as a judge over those pesky 'false beliefs'. As P. Floyd said: 'YOU'VE got to stem the evil tiiiiide... and keep it all on the inside...'

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 06-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Banned

mmmkay.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:36 PM
Banned

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Gal 1:8

According to Islam Gabriel the angel gave the Qur'an to Muhammad. So thats my biggest issue with Islam.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by odooley6985 View Post
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. Gal 1:8

According to Islam Gabriel the angel gave the Qur'an to Muhammad. So thats my biggest issue with Islam.
Gal 3:10 "All who rely on observing the Law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." ??

Gal 3:16 and to Abraham were the promises spoken, and to his seed; He doth not say, `And to seeds,' as of many, but as of one, `And to thy seed,' which is Christ

"For to you and your DESCENDANTS I will give all these lands and will CONFIRM THE OATH I SWORE TO YOUR FATHER ABRAHAM. I will make your DESCENDANTS as NUMEROUS AS THE STARS IN THE SKY and will give THEM all these lands, and through your OFFSPRING all nations on earth will be blessed, BECAUSE ABRAHAM OBEYED ME AND KEPT MY REQUIREMENTS, MY COMMANDS, MY DECREES AND MY LAWS."

That is my biggest issue with Galatians. It directly contradicts words attributed both in the bible and in the Quran to God.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Gal 3:10 "All who rely on observing the Law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." ??

Gal 3:16 and to Abraham were the promises spoken, and to his seed; He doth not say, `And to seeds,' as of many, but as of one, `And to thy seed,' which is Christ

"For to you and your DESCENDANTS I will give all these lands and will CONFIRM THE OATH I SWORE TO YOUR FATHER ABRAHAM. I will make your DESCENDANTS as NUMEROUS AS THE STARS IN THE SKY and will give THEM all these lands, and through your OFFSPRING all nations on earth will be blessed, BECAUSE ABRAHAM OBEYED ME AND KEPT MY REQUIREMENTS, MY COMMANDS, MY DECREES AND MY LAWS."

That is my biggest issue with Galatians. It directly contradicts words attributed both in the bible and in the Quran to God.
How does it contradict what is in the bible?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post

C'mon man. Galations 1:8 predicted Islam and Mormonism.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
How does it contradict what is in the bible?
What does Galatians say and what does Genesis say?

Then there is the statement that contradicts itself that's the funny one
Old 06-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by odooley6985 View Post
C'mon man. Galations 1:8 predicted Islam and Mormonism.
Galations 1:8 DEFINITELY predicted the UPC.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Banned

The real problem with Islam is that it's the most violent religion on the face of the earth today.