Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-30-2017, 08:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: More on Skirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
Depends. Not typically, but I cannot say I would obey them no matter what either.
Not typically, good answer.

Some will happily follow their religious, and political leaders to hell.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
You didn't read my original answer to you?

OK.

You mean the one I responded to with "Now that your rant is over can you explain your point. It went plumb over my head?"
Old 04-30-2017, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
If someone is an Atheist, a Jew, a Catholic, or a Muslim, if they don't convert to Christ will they be damned?
We're not talking about converting to Christ, we're talking about those already converted disagreeing with an interpretation of how Deut 22:5 should be applied.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 04-30-2017, 08:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
We're not talking about converting to Christ, we're talking about those already converted disagreeing with an interpretation of how Deut 22:5 should be applied.

So, different strokes for different folks as long as they are in the narrow way called Christianity? Those who claim others with different opinions are going to hell are legalists? Was Paul a legalist when he penned the words in 2nd Corinthians 11:4? How did Paul show people to be happy to practice their own lifestyle (however they choose)? Yet, practicing what they believe with your respect is only to the narrow way and the strait gate? Are Catholics saved? Is Emma Neckbone and the Amish and Mennonites saved?
Old 05-01-2017, 06:52 AM
Sister Alvear

I keep certain standards....however Deut, is not talking about pants....That is a misapplied scripture that is used so often.

I hope I always dress in a way that Christ is glorified....and am not knocking anyone.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 05-01-2017, 06:53 AM
Sister Alvear

I want to look like a lady, talk like a lady and always be a lady in every sense of the word.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 05-01-2017, 07:06 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I keep certain standards....however Deut, is not talking about pants....That is a misapplied scripture that is used so often.

I hope I always dress in a way that Christ is glorified....and am not knocking anyone.
with 9 million homeless children in Brazil, and 100 million children on the streets suffering around the world, it seem silly to be debating this doesn't it Sis Alvear?
Old 05-01-2017, 07:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
with 9 million homeless children in Brazil, and 100 million children on the streets suffering around the world, it seem silly to be debating this doesn't it Sis Alvear?
Sister, Jesus said the poor you will have with you always. Don't ever let the world around you take your eye off the ball. Jesus said many are called but few are chosen. The strait, and narrow way is difficult to navigate. Few will find it. Post modernism appeals to emotions, not to critical thinking.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:09 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Sister, Jesus said the poor you will have with you always. Don't ever let the world around you take your eye off the ball. Jesus said many are called but few are chosen. The strait, and narrow way is difficult to navigate. Few will find it. Post modernism appeals to emotions, not to critical thinking.
we are past Post Modern, we are the Digital Age, *what is truth* depends on who can get the most likes & followers on facebook and twitter.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Thank you Sister. Can you tell us what it is referring to? I could never understand how people could single out that verse and not abide by the rest of Deut. There is a lot of "do's and don't's in Deut. I don't know how a lot of people come up with the "holiness" do's and don'ts scriptures anyway. I remember years ago a very sweet Baptist lady asked me where in the Bible it speaks against certain things that we don't do (I don't want to start a new debate so I won't mention the reference she was referring to) and I honestly could not give her scripture. I don't remember how I answered her. I have my own convictions and haven't changed them for about 55 years but I have learned to not judge people by my "rules". If it is not clearly written in the Word, I just smile and go on.

I love the work you do and ALWAYS read your posts. I can sense the Love of God and have never met you. God Bless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post