Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 05-11-2008, 10:25 PM
Mr. Stewart

Re: WWPF General Council Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishoph View Post
Again this is another example of false information and it intentionally being spread as though it were truth. I have copied from the WPF's Constitution (Which anyone who desired to state the facts accurately instead of repeating gossip could have looked up) the following:

Article I

Section 1. Officers of Councils and Chairmen of Committees

Officers shall be known as members of the Executive Council and members of the General Council. Non-scriptural titles for such leaders shall be purposely utilized in recognition of the fact that the only biblical office of this nature which has a name is that of ‘helps’ (1 Corinthians 12:28). It should be the desire of this fellowship to ‘help’ (i.e. to ‘facilitate’) the work of the Kingdom of God throughout the world.
Officers of WPF shall consist of:
a) An Executive Council of six members

b) A General Council of fifty members

c) The Executive Chairman is one of the members of the Executive Council

d) All members of both Executive and General Councils must be members of WPF and at least (30) thirty years of age, who have been faithful to the life and doctrine of Jesus Christ as expressed in Scripture and as enunciated for fellowship purposes in the Articles of Faith.

BTW if a General Council member told you this they were sadly mistaken according to the by-laws.
But I see people on the general council who appear to still be with the UPCI. I wonder what that means?

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 05-12-2008, 01:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
But I see people on the general council who appear to still be with the UPCI. I wonder what that means?
This is true! Simply because the UPCI's official stance allows them to remain a member of the WPF, until their initial membership period (based on dues paid) with the WPF has expired. At that point they will have to choose between the two, per the UPCI ruling.

**Enforcement of the ruling has been left up to the individual districts, and some (according to my sources) have decided not to make "dual" membership an issue.**
Old 05-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered Member

It puzzles me that a member of the UPCI who has chosen to join the WPF (presumably because of dissatisfaction with the UPCI) would want to remain a part of the UPCI. Anyone have ideas about this?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:41 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
It puzzles me that a member of the UPCI who has chosen to join the WPF (presumably because of dissatisfaction with the UPCI) would want to remain a part of the UPCI. Anyone have ideas about this?
You think too much!
Old 05-12-2008, 11:07 AM
La vie est un voyage

Quote:
I quit trying to figure out why anyone does anything a long time ago. Sometimes I can't even figure out why I do some things! All I know if I was displeased with an organization and found an organization that was better (I'm sure it's not) I would by all means cut all ties immediately and never look back.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Again this is another example of false information and it intentionally being spread as though it were truth. I have copied from the WPF's Constitution (Which anyone who desired to state the facts accurately instead of repeating gossip could have looked up) the following:

Article I

Officers shall be known as members of the Executive Council and members of the General Council. Non-scriptural titles for such leaders shall be purposely utilized in recognition of the fact that the only biblical office of this nature which has a name is that of ‘helps’ (1 Corinthians 12:28). It should be the desire of this fellowship to ‘help’ (i.e. to ‘facilitate’) the work of the Kingdom of God throughout the world.

d) All members of both Executive and General Councils must be members of WPF and at least (30) thirty years of age, who have been faithful to the life and doctrine of Jesus Christ as expressed in Scripture and as enunciated for fellowship purposes in the Articles of Faith.

BTW if a General Council member told you this they were sadly mistaken according to the by-laws.

Ok....I see it. But why do the General Council Members explain it otherwise! A member of the General Council stated otherwise! Sounds like confusion.

I am not spreading false hoods....just repeating what a WPF official explained. Maybe they need to read the articles for themselves!
Old 05-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrLA View Post
Ok....I see it. But why do the General Council Members explain it otherwise! A member of the General Council stated otherwise! Sounds like confusion.

I am not spreading false hoods....just repeating what a WPF official explained. Maybe they need to read the articles for themselves!
Which official was that? Was it A.U. by any chance?

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 05-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Student of the Word

Quote:

Article I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrLA View Post

Also not spreading falsehoods, just repeating what a WPF Board Member told me. (I am sure it was not the same one jrLA spoke with)

I noticed the by-laws stated something different, but it was my understanding that this was discussed at the Branson meeting.
Maybe a change was made and the online by-laws haven't been updated?

bishoph, the following questions are not meant to be "smart" or rude so please don't take them that way, they are just for clarification. (after typing them it seemed they could be taken wrong and I didn't want to be misunderstood)

Are you on the WPF Board? Were you at the Branson meeting?
If so, was this discussed? Were there any changes to the by-laws voted on?

Thanks,
Balanced
Old 05-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Here are some possibilities;

1. They want to have their cake and eat it to.

2. They wanted to chart a "preferred Apostolic future" while hanging around to grip and complain about the un-preferred future in the UPC.

3. Cold Feet - Once they found out they could not join the WWPF and still be a disgruntled UPCer boycotting UPC functions and griping about everything under the son they got cold feet and decided that perhaps the UPC isn't all that bad after all. (For all of his angst over the TV resolution I can't see T. L. Craft throwing away a lifetime in the UPC over it)
Old 05-15-2008, 02:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced View Post
Also not spreading falsehoods, just repeating what a WPF Board Member told me. (I am sure it was not the same one jrLA spoke with)

I noticed the by-laws stated something different, but it was my understanding that this was discussed at the Branson meeting.
Maybe a change was made and the online by-laws haven't been updated?

bishoph, the following questions are not meant to be "smart" or rude so please don't take them that way, they are just for clarification. (after typing them it seemed they could be taken wrong and I didn't want to be misunderstood)

Are you on the WPF Board? Were you at the Branson meeting?
If so, was this discussed? Were there any changes to the by-laws voted on?

Thanks,
Balanced
Balanced,

Sorry for my delay in answering your question. FTR, I am not on the WPF board, and I was not in attendance at Branson. I have spoken with some of the Board however, and was informed that no such topic was discussed/voted on. According to the structure of the WPF, any such change to the By-laws would have to be presented as a resolution, and ratified by a majority of members in attendance. No such resolution, nor vote was done in Branson (which was the first official Annual Summit)

Here is the rules for amending the By-laws per the WPF website.

Section 1. Amendments

1. These Bylaws may be amended at any Annual Summit by a majority of votes of members in attendance.
2. The only amendments considered are those which have been submitted to the Resolution Committee prior to the Annual Summit and have been subsequently passed by the Resolutions Committee.
3. Any resolution affecting the method of election, requirements to hold office or length of terms of office, may be passed in any Annual Summit only after the elections of that conference are completed.