Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 11-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

Re: New here, with a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeking View Post
No. Everyone is polite. You just feel like an outsider all the time. At first people seem to be very warm and hopeful you will "develop as a new convert". Over time they seem polite but a little uncomfortable. It almost seems awkward to them as well. If that makes sense.
Is there several issues that are hindering your full participation?

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?
Old 11-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

There are oneness churches without the standards... maybe even some UPC churches where standards are pretty lax.

I don't know how you will find those churches. I know when I attended a very standard driven UPC church it was easy to find the churches that did not hold to standards very much because for the most part we all talked about them like they were going to hell.

I don't know if your church does that but if it's very standard driven and it ever fellowships with other churches I bet you can get a sense for which churches are looked down on as inferior due to the standards.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I have thought that perhaps with intensive clarification for our child, that may work.
I don't know how old your child is but the child might blend in real easy as most of the trinitarian churches don't preach Godhead, Water baptism other than when they actually baptize people. Once they meet new friends, they usually adjust pretty good. Yes as someone stated, most trinitarians believe in One God. There is so much more to preach than Godhead and I think they have learned that. I have been in both and understand your concerns as well. But PLEASE go to church somewhere (Spirit filled). I have seen the people who shun and make you feel as not being part of the "click". It hurts but you can hold your head up high and know that you have been baptised in the Holy Ghost and on your way to Heaven. That is a testimony in itself. Please keep us posted. God Bless you.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
There are oneness churches without the standards... maybe even some UPC churches where standards are pretty lax.

I don't know how you will find those churches. I know when I attended a very standard driven UPC church it was easy to find the churches that did not hold to standards very much because for the most part we all talked about them like they were going to hell.

I don't know if your church does that but if it's very standard driven and it ever fellowships with other churches I bet you can get a sense for which churches are looked down on as inferior due to the standards.
I have never heard anything said from the pulpit. Other than when people go to state camp meeting about 4 hours away, they really don't do any intermingling of churches. I know visiting from church to church in UPC circles is usually frowned upon. I am not sure how you find those churches. In Oklahoma, they are pretty conservative in general. For example, there are some independents that here that left the UPC because they thought they were not strict enough. Other than black denominations like the PAW, I haven't known of one that allows TV.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVE JESUS View Post
I don't know how old your child is but the child might blend in real easy as most of the trinitarian churches don't preach Godhead, Water baptism other than when they actually baptize people. Once they meet new friends, they usually adjust pretty good. Yes as someone stated, most trinitarians believe in One God. There is so much more to preach than Godhead and I think they have learned that. I have been in both and understand your concerns as well. But PLEASE go to church somewhere (Spirit filled). I have seen the people who shun and make you feel as not being part of the "click". It hurts but you can hold your head up high and know that you have been baptised in the Holy Ghost and on your way to Heaven. That is a testimony in itself. Please keep us posted. God Bless you.
Thank you. Our child is 4.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
Is there several issues that are hindering your full participation?
We really like the people in the church. I do wish there was more teaching. There is nothing wrong with the screaming, spitting sermons that pump you up for the week, but I like learning the word as well. The only teaching usually involves the outer man with very little emphasis on the inner man. The spirit moves most all of the time and there is good worship.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:14 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

I really can relate to the OP. (Original Poster)

I attend a church that is Trinitarian, but will baptize you however you choose. The godhead is never mentioned, but on rare occasions trinitarian jargon is used. All prayers are in Jesus name and they believe in the Holy Ghost outpouring.

The choir or group is always singing during the baptisms so I can't hear what their saying. This helps me because it would bother me to hear someone baptized in the titles because of how I was raised.

I attend there because I am very comfortable with their worship culture and strong biblical teaching. But hey.......that's just me!
Old 11-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
No. Everyone is polite. You just feel like an outsider all the time. At first people seem to be very warm and hopeful you will "develop as a new convert". Over time they seem polite but a little uncomfortable. It almost seems awkward to them as well. If that makes sense.
Guess what? If you hold to your testimony of baptism in Jesus name and the Oneness of God the Trins will also make you feel akward and like a visitor.

Having said that I do feel your pain in this matter. The teaching that men wearing beards is a sin has kept multitudes out of Apostolic Churches.

The teaching that a woman cannot trim her hair or they are sinning has locked the doors of Apostolic Churches to probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of seekers.

Love Jesus. Do his will revealed in scripture and pray hard to be led by his Spirit! God help us all!
Old 11-02-2014, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Guess what? If you hold to your testimony of baptism in Jesus name and the Oneness of God the Trins will also make you feel akward and like a visitor.

Having said that I do feel your pain in this matter. The teaching that men wearing beards is a sin has kept multitudes out of Apostolic Churches.

The teaching that a woman cannot trim her hair or they are sinning has locked the doors of Apostolic Churches to probably hundreds of thousands if not millions of seekers.

Love Jesus. Do his will revealed in scripture and pray hard to be led by his Spirit! God help us all!
I think having to sign a contract agreeing to not own a TV, go to sporting events or break dress standards etc to be allowed to be a member has been a difficult thing to accept. We have attended a church for years that we cannot even be members.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I think having to sign a contract agreeing to not own a TV, go to sporting events or break dress standards etc to be allowed to be a member has been a difficult thing to accept. We have attended a church for years that we cannot even be members.

Sign a contract?

http://www.paganchristianity.org

Go here on tithing----->

http://www.tithing-russkelly.com/

If it is God's will for your illness then why are you seeking medical attention to get rid of it?