Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-15-2017, 08:54 PM
Banned

Re: Pre trib rapture teaching is heresy

Matthew 25King James Version (KJV)

25 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.

2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.

3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:

4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.

6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.

7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.

8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.

10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.

12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:56 PM
Banned

If someone can sleep through this....

Revelation 6King James Version (KJV)

6 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

The have spiritual malaria.....LOL
Old 11-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Banned

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

During this?....

10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

11 And after three days and an half the spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.

12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them....

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Last edited by Sean; 11-15-2017 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:59 PM
Banned

Post trib is a post trip...LOL
Old 11-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Banned

7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world....

48 But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49 And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

At the same time period?
Old 11-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Banned

5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept....

11 And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

Same time period?
Old 11-15-2017, 09:12 PM
Banned

During this?.....

Revelation 16King James Version (KJV)

16 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

3 And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.

4 And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.

5 And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus.

6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.

7 And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.

8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

10 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain,
Old 11-15-2017, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Funny, the post tribbers completely de-legitimize the words of Jesus, when speaking of catching folks unaware....
Old 11-16-2017, 07:38 AM
Registered Member

Even when you put Sean on ignore, the page is cluttered with the nonsensical manner of posting short posts that look like this when ignored...

You cannot see anyone else's post this morning on this page due to that tripe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sean forum.jpg (83.4 KB, 7 views)

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 11-16-2017, 09:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So something the APOSTLE Paul taught and commanded the Church was
neither salvific or important?

Especially something Paul prefaced by saying:

LET NO MAN DECEIVE YOU BY ANY MEANS........

No wonder the Churches are so spiritually bankrupt.
Mike, I get that you believe a person will split hell wide open for having the wrong belief of when events will happen.

Now, you keep posting Paul's statement, "Let no man deceive you," in an attempt to claim that is some sort of a doctrinal message from Paul. It's not.

Quote:
Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
"We beseech you, brethren." Paul emphasizing the importance of what he's about to tell his audience.

Quote:
That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
Paul is trying to calm down his audience, who (from this) seem to have been upset and troubled by claims from others that "the day of Christ is at hand." Similar to these wackos who put dates to events every year or so, claiming Jesus is coming back on this day or the world is ending on this day.

Paul is simply saying: stay calm; don't be troubled, don't fret, worry or fear what is being said or written claiming the day of Christ is at hand.

Quote:
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Now here's the money verse -- the verse you keep posting, claiming THIS is doctrine and THIS is the proof that anyone who doesn't hold the belief MtD holds is DAMNED and CONDEMNED to hell.

Except it isn't [doctrine] and it doesn't [d a m n or condemn].

Again, context matters. Reading comprehension matters. Paul is telling his audience to stop paying attention to the nut jobs and wackos who are running around claiming the day of Christ is at hand.

And when Paul says "Let no man deceive you by any means," he's not speaking of damnation or some doctrine. Paul is simply saying, don't let these wackos fool you.

You can claim all you want that what Paul wrote is salvific, but it is not. It's not even doctrine. It's Paul telling people to calm down and stop believing the nut jobs putting a date to everything.

What I find incredible is that you condemn to hell people who are baptized in Jesus name, filled with the Holy Ghost and living holy lives who may not believe the same as you re: the end time ---

YET you worship at the altar of Misty Edwards and Mike Bickel's IHOP - Trinitarians who engage in and promote new age and occult practices.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Last edited by n david; 11-16-2017 at 09:46 AM.