Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 06-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Banned

Re: The REAL problem with Islam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Yet the Quran seems to validate the bible on one hand then contradict it. Muslims do the same by arguing it's corrupt then quoting it authoritativly
??
Old 07-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
I wondered why you are obsessed with checking this particular area then I sudddenly remembered that Dutch love Muslims when they can exploit them for cheap or free labor then hate Muslims because of their beliefs THEN I remembered that by golly the Dutch have the same record with Jews.

What would the Netherlands be like if lazy and idle dutchmen would simply do their own work? LOL by now they could have been the "master race" LOL

CIA Factbook:

The Dutch exploited the colony, its natural resources, and the labor force in Indonesia. The Dutch were intereseted in gaining high capital profits from the labor and resources they extracted from Indonesia. To assure high profits, the Dutch established the Cultuurstelsel, or the Cultivation System, a system in which peasants and famers were forced to grow commercial crops for the Dutch and for the local governments. All heavy burdens and taxes were levied on the peasants, therefore they faced impoverished conditions and famine. The Dutch brought goods, such as coffee, to the island of Java, which became one of the largest exporters of the product. Sugar, coffee, and other goods, accounted for seventy percent of Indonesian exports, and almost all the profits were taken by the Dutch. All the fertile land in Indonesia because used as Dutch plantations. Peasants did not have enough land for subsitence farming and suffered through famines.

Dutch news story - just another day in the country with the best record for collaboration with the Nazis in Europe.

UTRECHT, Netherlands --

Fatima Yaakoub, 24 years old, born in Morocco, living in the Netherlands since she was 12, says she wants nothing more than to fit in. She works hard, cleaning offices in the early mornings, going to college during the day, taking English classes on weekends -- trying to get ahead, trying to do what is expected of a good citizen in her adopted homeland. But three years ago, she began wearing a head scarf, the sign of a devout Muslim woman, and got a rapid education on how much of an outsider she remains. Whenever she left her largely Muslim immigrant neighborhood, she discovered that the scarf, known in Arabic as a hijab, marked her as a subjugated Muslim woman, a foreigner, or buitenlander in Dutch. "They treat me like trash," Yaakoub said.
In the pharmacy where she worked, some customers saw the scarf and said, "I want to be treated by a Dutch girl." Her co-workers were no better, she recalled, laughing at her hijab, calling her names. She recalls hiding alone most days in the bathroom to cry. She switched to another pharmacy, and then to another. But the abuse continued. She gave up studying to be a pharmacist, and switched to a course in administration -- a career, she said,
that would require less contact with the public. Yaakoub's experience offers a glimpse into the conflict between Europe's historically Christian, increasingly secular societies and the large -- and often alienated -- Muslim populations.
Many of the Muslims were invited here three decades ago as cheap temporary workers who would one day go home. But they stayed on and became an integral part of European society, making Islam the continent's second-largest religion. Today it is common to see a
mosque near a medieval church; Arab restaurants and food stores abound on inner-city streets. Many people in the Netherlands believe that Muslims
like Fatima are forced to wear the head scarf by their families. In her case, she said, she was the one who decided. The scarf deflected male advances, but it also brought another, unwanted type of attention -- abuse, insults
or just quiet looks that communicated suspicion. Sometimes at the pharmacy, where she was serving the equivalent of an internship, the workers would sit
together during breaks. She recalled the conversations shortly after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in the United States. "I'm a Muslim. I don't have a bomb under my head scarf," she told her colleagues. "I also don't endorse what those people did to the twin towers, because that is against Islam." But all they said was "Muslims this" and "Muslims that." NOTE: Sounds like AFF At home at night, she talked to her father.
"Try to hold on," he told his daughter. "And if they continue to treat you this way, you can take off your head scarf." But Fatima was stubborn. "I do this for my belief," she said. "I love Islam. Islam for me is everything. Allah for me is everything. I couldn't give it up."

Typical story for the Dutch. First the Jews, now the Muslims

A nice history lesson

Although the Dutch government had fled to Britain, they left behind an efficiently functioning civil service, which initially operated side by side with the German administration. However, Seyss-Inquart enjoyed absolute power. He acted, not upon instructions from Berlin, but on his own initiative. He soon made his intentions clear. As he later wrote, "The Jews for us are not Dutchmen. They are those enemies with whom we can come neither to an armistice nor to a peace." It did not take long for anti-Jewish legislation to be enacted. On 31 July 1940, "shechita" (the ritual slaughtering of animals) was abolished. A decree of 20 October 1940 required the registration of businesses operated by Jews, or in which Jews had financial interests. On 21 November 1940, all Jewish civil servants were effectively dismissed. Another decree issued on 10 January 1941 required all Jews to register with local branches of the census office. A Jew was defined as any person with two Jewish grandparents. The census revealed a total of 159,806 persons considered to be Jewish, of whom 19,561 were the offspring of mixed marriages.

Following the pattern established in Germany, other discriminatory measures quickly followed. Among many other restrictions, in the summer of 1941 Jews were barred from public places; a curfew was imposed from 8.00 p.m. to 6.00 a.m. and shopping was only permitted between 3.00 p.m. and 5.00 p.m. Jews were only allowed to use public transportation if they held a special permit, and then only if space was available. Jews were barred from public assemblies, museums, libraries, public markets as well as the stock exchange, and were excluded from joining the compulsory trade unions for journalists, actors and musicians. In August 1941, Jewish students were removed from public schools and universities.

In the same month, all Jewish assets, including bank deposits, cash, claims, securities and valuables were blocked. A maximum sum of 250 guilders a month was available to a Jewish owner for private use. Finally, with effect from 3 May 1942, every Jew aged 6 and over was ordered to wear a yellow star on their left breast, with the word "Jood" inscribed on it in black ink. These yellow stars had been manufactured in the Lodz Ghetto. Although there were no ghettos as such in Holland, the areas in which Jews were permitted to reside were restricted.

This is America and at least down here in Texas the views of unproductive, dope-smoking bigoted dutchmen aren't actually all that important to us. Come back in a couple of weeks as promised so that by golly you can get reminded of this again.

wii
There you go again: Copy/paste/copy/paste....etc
and trying to throw stuff on the forum which has
nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Trying to insult left and right.
It does not work, my friend.
You are only exposing your true nature which comes from the enemy of Christ: Satan.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post
There you go again: Copy/paste/copy/paste....etc
and trying to throw stuff on the forum which has
nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Trying to insult left and right.
It does not work, my friend.
You are only exposing your true nature which comes from the enemy of Christ: Satan.
My true nature comes from East Texas and Dutch/Nazi hate speech is not tolerated down here.