Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 02-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Registered Member

book of acts revival brazil

WEB SITE = WWW.CATEDRALDOLOUVOR.COM.BR
E-MAIL = RAULJR26@UOL.COM.BR

Dear Friends in the Homeland:
Sweetest greetings to you all precious folks in the lovely Name of Jesus.
This month has been a month of great victories. And with great victories come rage from the enemies’ camp and some of our people are under direct attack from the forces of darkness. Pastor Hugo that is one of my right hand helpers was ordered to move OUT from his home by the local health authorities. They told him living below the church he pastors is too damp! Now he is without a place to live and since he works full time in the ministry he has a very limited income. He is the one that always travels to the northeast to help my folks…
In fact my folks are without a car that will even run and they signed papers just a couple months ago to help Pastor Hugo have a car and they are paying his car payment. If some of you all recall my folks were robbed last year and bought a new car after the robbery but last Dec. they gave their car to me as mine quite running.
I just got back from preaching in the old northern capital city of Belem. My heart was touched by the great need in the sprawling city. We tore down the old building my folks built up there many years ago due to large dangerous cracks in the walls as it was built on “fill in” land…Originally it had been built on stilts over the open sewer …a custom in many third world countries. In latter years they filled in the sewer but as the ground settled it caused cracks in the building. We tried several times to repair but finally an engineer told us to tear it down and rebuild for safety. So we are building it to the full capacity of the lot and we are ready to put on the roof as soon as God gives us the needed funds to do that. I also visited two works in the state of Maranhao and was able to buy a few new chairs for both little churches. They are so poor. You cannot imagine a church with dirt floor, grass roof, and no bathroom UNLESS you have been to the backlands of some mission field. It is in this state but 400 miles deeper into the jungle area my brother Arlei plans to move yet this year. Please pray for all my family as we evangelize and win Brazil for Christ.
We just finished several youth camps and retreats in different areas of Brazil Many attended this year and a very deep move of the spirit was reported in every region. The Lord is raising up an army of workers! With our campground we will be able to have a place to train hundreds of workers and what a priceless tool this is going to be in reaching the next generation of Brazilians
Countless times over these past years, I have gone out into many areas to preach and baptize at Mission Stations, Preaching Points, or to encourage an immature congregation. These trips are usually rigorous and uncomfortable, but it’s always been thrilling to see the spiritual fruit which comes out of such excursions. I would like to report to you an amazing testimony that comes from one of the young Christians in Belem.
He was a dangerous bandit and drug dealer. He was shot 5 times and carried to the local hospital. Two of the bullets are still lodged in his lungs. In the hospital he received a visit from a man that gave him a tract and the address of our church. He came for a visit and came to look for the man that invited him, strange as it may seem no one had made any visit to this hospital and no one knew the man…that very night he repented of his sins and received the Holy Ghost. He is now a faithful member of the Belem church but we still do not know who the mystery man was that gave him our church address unless it was the angel of the Lord.
In Brazil we see lots of political turmoil. How comforting are the words of our Lord Jesus Christ in this terrifying age: “...I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Matthew 16:18. This is the time to go on the offensive, armed with the powerful message of salvation in Jesus Christ!
This year we are not only conducting seminars for our pastors but we are also conducting teacher training workshops in many areas. We are doing our best to prepare others for the next generation should the Lord tarry.
The church we are building in Campina Grande is also ready for the roof. The campground church is ready for us to put in the windows which will be a large expense. But up to this point God has met the need through his listening children.
We also have built 5 dormitories at the camp ground. We are desperately trying to get it ready for our September convention. To hook up the lights the electric company asked for 6 thousand dollars since they have to use lots of poles and it must be brought quite a distance.
We have a worker we are paying full time to help us translate Bible studies and we know that it is going to make a huge impact in the work, with far-reaching effects beyond just my lifetime.
We desperately need financial help to continue with these important projects. Thank God for many praying friends of this ministry around the world! God has provided more than we would or could have ever imagined. However I do ask for your continued prayers for strength and wisdom as we work in the harvest fields of our Lord.
We desire to show the people of Brazil that God does care for them and we are honored to be His hands and feet in this great country. THANK YOU FOR all of your support and especially your prayers. God bless you richly. Since they can’t say thank you………… I will for them………….. I believe God will bless you for your kindness and love to the Alvear family.
Mark 9:41 says: Anyone who gives a cup of cold water in my name, shall not lose his reward...... Thanks for sending us some cold water in this dry thirsty land.
Your Friends in Missions:

Rev. Raul Jr and Michele Alvear and Julia
Old 02-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Please pray fro us we are going to dedicated a new work tonigh in the city of paulinia.... God Bless. Bro Alvear Jr.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:38 AM
Registered Member

We had a tremendus service last night in paulinia theire weire people standanig outside we had sinners at the altar and also some to received the holy ghost...we are having revival here in south brazil.... Bro Alvear Jr.