Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:03 PM
delete account

Post Acts 29:20 The Table of the Eternal Spirit

You may not think that this belongs in this part of AFF but please humor me and read before making a judgement. Thank-you.

The Journey To Emmaus
by: Rhonda R. Cyprus
On January 17, 2008 and I was invited to join a group of believers who had previously experienced God's mercy and grace on their own personal journey to Emmaus with Jesus Christ. It was there I met others who had been with Jesus and experienced his mercy, grace, and love as none but the recipient can know.

As I contemplated on my overwhelming experience, and read all the letters of encourgement and blessing; I felt so blessed, honored, and pampered by Jesus through all my family, friends, and acquaintances.

This may sound silly to some, and maybe a little narcissitic, but I always wonder what people think about all the tragedies and trials I have faced. I have gotten to the point that I am afraid to tell my stories because I don't want people to think of me as being a victim, or paranoid.

The ironic thing is, when listening to the experiences of others, I was humbled, and feeling quite ridiculous for all my belly-aching, and complaining. There are stories in other peoples lives that I could not bear or live through as they have. I didn't know whether to cry for them, or be happy for me. I was torn between repulsion and compassion.

The thing that I realized, in my soul-searching, was that I am not what I thought I was. What I mean is: I have always considered myself, strong, capable, maybe even a little invincible if you would. But the truth hit me square in the face:I am weak, I am vulnerable, and I need God.

As I realized the enormity of my mistake, I felt the peace of God sweep over my soul. He said, "My grace is sufficient for thee." I nailed the facade of me to the cross, supped with him at the communion table, and was humbled as he washed my feet.

To me...this was deep. The deep waters of my soul were troubled and the peace of his word calmed my storm.

In His Grip...and service,
Rhonda R. Cyprus
Old 01-30-2008, 07:36 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Re: Acts 29:20 The Table of the Eternal Spirit

What you experienced here is what we all need from time to time. An experience I long for. It is good for us to "Examine ourselves" and to empty ourselves of our self-images, and to see ourselves as God sees us. To realize that it isn't about "me". But its all about Him. Its good to meet Him on the road from time to time to help us to see Him as He is. Mighty and all pwerful, while, we are weak, and totally dependent on Him. Thank you, Sister, for helping me face one more day.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.