Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

Re: Any Message Believers Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddaeus417 View Post
The man was a false prophet and a reprobate with a confused mind. The guy didn't even try to preach the truth and people are unsure about him? Simply look at the fruit of his ministry. Where was his discernment with Jim Jones? Jim Jones ran to Branham after he was shut down and kicked out by real men of God.

Listen, you either have the truth or not!

Jim Jones was connected to Branham years and years before the Jonestown horror. Jones knew Nathaniel Urshan as well! Who knows his state of spirit at that time? Not all false prophets were always false prophets, but came to such a state later. Balaam at one time was right with God! Branham did tell Jones that Jones was going into the dark. Jones was angry at that.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 06-17-2020, 08:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Jim Jones was connected to Branham years and years before the Jonestown horror. Jones knew Nathaniel Urshan as well! Who knows his state of spirit at that time? Not all false prophets were always false prophets, but came to such a state later. Balaam at one time was right with God!Branham did tell Jones that Jones was going into the dark. Jones was angry at that.
Like to know your thoughts on Balaam. I was taught that he was a prophet of God. If he was indeed, he would be the only prophet in the word that wasn’t named one. Through my studies, I’ve read that he came from a lineage that often cursed people/nations. That’s why I believe the King came to him to curse Israel, I believe those curses were real, so real that the king knew he was the man for the job.

Joshua 13:22
[22] Balaam also the son of Beor, the soothsayer, did the children of Israel slay with the sword among them that were slain by them.

He didn’t curse the children of Israel, though he did tell the King how to make them fall into sin so they would be cursed.

In my opinion the Lord mocked Balaam, by allowing the donkey to seen the spirit, rather than the man.
Old 06-17-2020, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

Murray Burr in one of his books, wrote that he attended a service with William Branham. He stated that he saw miracles happen before his eyes, he saw prophecies came true. He saw Branham counsel with his spirit guide that led him to those that needed healing. Though in his book he doesn’t agree with Branham, he was amazed what happened there.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Murray Burr in one of his books, wrote that he attended a service with William Branham. He stated that he saw miracles happen before his eyes, he saw prophecies came true. He saw Branham counsel with his spirit guide that led him to those that needed healing. Though in his book he doesn’t agree with Branham, he was amazed what happened there.
Which book? I've got a few of his.
Old 06-17-2020, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Which book? I've got a few of his.
I’ll have to look again, it might be, “true man of God has no options”. Let me look.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

Balaam was called a soothsayer here:

Joshua 13:22 Balaam also the son of Beor, the soothsayer, did the children of Israel slay with the sword among them that were slain by them.

He did not start that way, though.

Num 22:99 And God came unto Balaam, and said, What men are these with thee?
10 And Balaam said unto God, Balak the son of Zippor, king of Moab, hath sent unto me, saying,

He seems to have known God.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 06-19-2020, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I would not say it was a spirit guide. John wrote Rev 1:1 and said Jesus signified his words to John by way of an angel. Branham got his concept of the angel with him from that verse. It's like the angel gave John the ability to see the visions in some manner.

Last edited by mfblume; 06-19-2020 at 06:53 AM.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

If Branham said it was an angel & Elder Burr said it was a spirit guide,,,,,,I'm a bit more inclined to believe Eld. Burr.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
If Branham said it was an angel & Elder Burr said it was a spirit guide,,,,,,I'm a bit more inclined to believe Eld. Burr.
A person has to be careful, because Jesus said that if something is done by the Holy Ghost and we claim it's the devil, that's not forgiveable.

I believe it was God with the man, personally. You cannot call Jesus Lord but by God's Spirit.

People flip out when people are used in the supernatural, like Branham, but go into error as Branham, did, too. Jesus said you can be justly used by God in the gifts, and yet he never know us. The gifts are without repentance. God is never sorry he gave them, despite people going into error later. Because of that, it's not offkey at all to say God genuinely used Branham.

And Rev 1:1 still stands as God using angels in the prophetic.

TW Barnes always believed highly about God using Branham.

Last edited by mfblume; 06-19-2020 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Balaam was called a soothsayer here:

Joshua 13:22 Balaam also the son of Beor, the soothsayer, did the children of Israel slay with the sword among them that were slain by them.

He did not start that way, though.

Num 22:99 And God came unto Balaam, and said, What men are these with thee?
10 And Balaam said unto God, Balak the son of Zippor, king of Moab, hath sent unto me, saying,

He seems to have known God.
Evil spirits talk to God, we see that with the Prophet Micaiah.

I was just stating that if Balaam was indeed a prophet he is the only one, that was never proclaimed one.

Last edited by Nicodemus1968; 06-19-2020 at 06:20 PM.