Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station > Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte
Facebook

Notices

Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte For all those that speak Geek & Greek among us! Or for those technically challenged who don't!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 06-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,786
Re: Computer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Do you ever access it by phone or tablet or from any other PC outside the home?
BTW they are supposed to send you a text message with a "code" to verify you are who you say you are.

Are you sure you are being sent to the real websites and not fake ones?

Also how did they inform you about this? I would contact them immediately
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 06-18-2014, 08:04 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,786
Re: Computer problems

Also do you use any sort of proxy or a application to speed up your browsing?
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 06-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,786
Re: Computer problems

I would contact them. It sounds like maybe they screwed up. they log IP addresses and so they should know what yours is.

How long ago did you check your gmail account before and be able to log in?
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 06-18-2014, 08:19 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 48,541
Re: Computer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
BTW they are supposed to send you a text message with a "code" to verify you are who you say you are.

Are you sure you are being sent to the real websites and not fake ones?

Also how did they inform you about this? I would contact them immediately
When I tried to log into my gmail account, a Google page came up. This isn't the first page that came up, but an option I chose from the first page:

https://support.google.com/mail/trou.../2943007?hl=en

It was wanting a verification code, which I never set up, because they can jump in a lake, they don't get to have my phone number.

It didn't appear to be fake.

I deleted the cache on my computer and tried to log in again, which did allow it. I went into my account and changed my password.

I did have an alert in red asking me to verify if the person logging in was me. I saw the location and times correlating with when I was trying to log in, so I acknowledged it was me. Then the text showed the IP number which doesn't match my computer, but the location is my service provider's location.

Recently my Provider shut down my Internet and when I called they said it had been reported that I was pirating a movie, which I wasn't. After I talked to the tech guy, he turned it back on. So, maybe something is up with that. Maybe he is jacking with my computer because he has my wireless password. You'd have to know him. LOL!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 06-18-2014, 08:22 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 48,541
Re: Computer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Also do you use any sort of proxy or a application to speed up your browsing?
No. I have a lot of memory on my computer, I don't need it to speed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I would contact them. It sounds like maybe they screwed up. they log IP addresses and so they should know what yours is.

How long ago did you check your gmail account before and be able to log in?
I had checked it this morning and everything was fine. I checked it again around 4:00 p.m., I think. At least I tried to. I then worked on the problem for a while before posting here.

I tried to log in at IE, but it gave me the same message.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 06-18-2014, 08:27 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 48,541
Re: Computer problems

BTW, I followed these instructions and was able to log into my account. I also chose "saved passwords" under settings for clearing history. I know I have History on my toolbar, but I went this route anyway.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...-firefox-cache
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 06-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,786
Re: Computer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
When I tried to log into my gmail account, a Google page came up. This isn't the first page that came up, but an option I chose from the first page:

https://support.google.com/mail/trou.../2943007?hl=en

It was wanting a verification code, which I never set up, because they can jump in a lake, they don't get to have my phone number.

It didn't appear to be fake.

I deleted the cache on my computer and tried to log in again, which did allow it. I went into my account and changed my password.

I did have an alert in red asking me to verify if the person logging in was me. I saw the location and times correlating with when I was trying to log in, so I acknowledged it was me. Then the text showed the IP number which doesn't match my computer, but the location is my service provider's location.

Recently my Provider shut down my Internet and when I called they said it had been reported that I was pirating a movie, which I wasn't. After I talked to the tech guy, he turned it back on. So, maybe something is up with that. Maybe he is jacking with my computer because he has my wireless password. You'd have to know him. LOL!
change your router password.

I've logged in using my phone and got a similar warning. Them having your cell number is a added security feature
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 06-18-2014, 10:51 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,786
Re: Computer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
No. I have a lot of memory on my computer, I don't need it to speed up.
That's not what meant :-)

A lot of times services like DSL (which is slow compared to Cable) uses a program that speeds up Internet browsing.
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 06-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,786
Re: Computer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
BTW, I followed these instructions and was able to log into my account. I also chose "saved passwords" under settings for clearing history. I know I have History on my toolbar, but I went this route anyway.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...-firefox-cache
Hopefully that continues to help
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 06-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 48,541
Re: Computer problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
That's not what meant :-)

A lot of times services like DSL (which is slow compared to Cable) uses a program that speeds up Internet browsing.
Oh, okay. LOL! I am always conscience about photos, apps and plug-ins I add to my computer because I know it slows it down. So I had that on my mind.

No, my high speed DSL runs pretty fast and they just upgraded.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avatar problems EVAunit01 The Information Station 16 11-19-2010 07:57 AM
Is Anyone Having Problems With Big Flies? Cindy Fellowship Hall 10 03-30-2009 12:03 PM
Internet Problems Cindy Fellowship Hall 5 03-12-2009 01:47 PM
The Answer To All Your Problems Timmy Fellowship Hall 3 04-22-2008 01:10 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.