Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Marriage Matters
Facebook

Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-02-2019, 11:17 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,642
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Marriage is permanent from Jesus side. YET he allows exceptions. Fornication and abandonment of the unbeliever.

Remarriage for death is itself an exception.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-02-2019, 05:18 PM
peter83 peter83 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,395
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Marriage is permanent from Jesus side. YET he allows exceptions. Fornication and abandonment of the unbeliever.

Remarriage for death is itself an exception.
Remarriage for death is itself an exception
actually the only exception. Woman s free by the law from her housbant (believer,apostate,non believer) till he dies. Afterward is FREE from the law to marry.
So we dont know except death any other reason. He did not said "if the ex- kills and go to prison you are free to re-marry" neither if he had an accident and he can not do ..nothing.
neither of he goes around with his new girlfriend.
..difficult but clear enough He puts DEATH as the only way for 2nd marriage. Because flesh are under the law.

1)(after all brother, why then to even speak about re-marriage and so on (two are one fles, let no separate what God put together, instructions to married believers, instructions to a non and a believer, instructions dor widows etc.)?
I say that because if fornication meaning was adultery then 99%100 can remarry. because nobody leave his/her mate for be alone. Sure he/she will marry again or if not ,will stay with a "girlfriend-boyfriend" .And if this did not happened immediately after the divorce or after 20 years ...maybe the innocent party will never learn if she/he really got a secret sexual relationship.
Because Jesus said that Adultery is when a person leave his wife and after re-marry another. He did not said "if a man lives his wife for marry another" but just "and marry another" .
a)So he divorce maybe not as reason to re-marry, still called adultery
b) He wants to marry an other but wait till he get a divorce, and after he is doing sex with her, but thise called adultery too
3)One can have sexual relasionship outside marriage but still married.
Who then can re-marry? ALL! Because soon or latter the ex will be marrry or atlist will be having sex.

2) First of all ,Paul give hos own thoughts for the married with unblievers right after he put the rule of Jesus himself about all married couples. Paul dont contradict Jesus teaching!
And again, then all can re-marry!!! Because when a man/woman is so hardhearted to live his/her mate, then is "out of faith" and Paul said that ones Christians are worst than the nonobelievers . So anybody can find the excuse and remarry because his/her ex is not a believer anymore 9or never was).

Last edited by peter83; 10-02-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-02-2019, 05:21 PM
peter83 peter83 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,395
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
This is dependent on:

a) the first marriage of the man was itself a covenant marriage (e.g. the spouse was not in adultery to an earlier marriage.)

b) the first wife is alive

Yes, you understand this well.

The woman made a mistake entering the adulterious relationship, she repented, and she can be attuned for a true marriage spouse.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-03-2019, 06:40 PM
Graham Graham is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 46
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
This is dependent on:

a) the first marriage of the man was itself a covenant marriage (e.g. the spouse was not in adultery to an earlier marriage.)

b) the first wife is alive

Yes, you understand this well.

The woman made a mistake entering the adulterious relationship, she repented, and she can be attuned for a true marriage spouse.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-06-2019, 03:33 PM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 2,402
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Would you agree that a marriage that ends in a divorce court, whether it be adultery, fornication, abuse (physical or emotional) etc.. in the church or out of the church be deemed a broken covenant?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-06-2019, 03:47 PM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 2,402
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post

Peter83,

Good job! I always believed that you can not remarry. MY only exception is if it happened before conversion.

ďOurĒ churches are full of people on their 2nd and 3rd marriages. What a sad state of affairs.
In your opinion, why are people on there 2nd and 3rd marriages? When it happens across the board of the churchís that means a spirit is involved, sinners that come into the church we expect them to be in that situation. Yet, we understand that the Blood has no limitations, and shame on us if we limit the blood just to fit our theology. Jesus didnít call us to be kings or priests he called us to be shepherds, we have marriages on the rocks, the Bible says ďwhere envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.Ē Many marriages submit to a spirit of discord, and because 80% of churches donít believe in a spirit realm and everything is physical, they donít know how to war in the spirit properly and saints homes have become a cluster of spiritual activity.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-06-2019, 05:00 PM
Steven Avery Steven Avery is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,406
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Would you agree that a marriage that ends in a divorce court, whether it be adultery, fornication, abuse (physical or emotional) etc.. in the church or out of the church be deemed a broken covenant?
Maybe bruised, needing restoration.
In the eyes of the Lord Jesus, the covenant fully remains.

A doctrine of "broken covenant" is meant to allow more cruising and bruising, and multiple adulteries.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-07-2019, 04:05 AM
peter83 peter83 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,395
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Would you agree that a marriage that ends in a divorce court, whether it be adultery, fornication, abuse (physical or emotional) etc.. in the church or out of the church be deemed a broken covenant?
(if i understood right) the only way the marriage can be broken as covenant is death:
1 Cor.7: 39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
Rom.7: 1 "Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband. 3 So then if, while [her] husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man."
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-07-2019, 09:03 AM
Nicodemus1968's Avatar
Nicodemus1968 Nicodemus1968 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Unites States
Posts: 2,402
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
(if i understood right) the only way the marriage can be broken as covenant is death:
1 Cor.7: 39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.
Rom.7: 1 "Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to [her] husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of [her] husband. 3 So then if, while [her] husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man."
I want to be clear on this subject, I believe itís one man, one women, for one lifetime. Yet, with that I will say when the man and women allow them selfís to sleep the enemy comes in plants tares in their spirit and they donít know whatís been planted until it comes to the surface. And this is an epidemic in the apostolic church today, itís sad but true!

I believe and teach that for sinners that never knew God, they came into the church with 2,3,4 marriages maybe never married and just shacked up, once they apply the blood itís over Jesus forgives them as long as they forgive others.
I think we all agree that the blood of Jesus has no limitations!

For saints Paul is clear, the marriage covenant is until death. Now, was Paul talking physically or spiritually? Iím not making excuses for marriages in the church that they can just go to the divorce courts come back to the church and get remarried, Absolutely not! Yet, understanding the covenant this is a problem in church and itís going on for all hosts of reasons, porn, adultery, abuse, backsliding... With that said, that doesnít mean they committed the unpardonable sin, thatís a weight that those 2 will have to contend with for the rest of their lives.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-07-2019, 10:47 AM
peter83 peter83 is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,395
Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I
Quote:
want to be clear on this subject, I believe itís one man, one women, for one lifetime. Yet, with that I will say when the man and women allow them selfís to sleep the enemy comes in plants tares in their spirit and they donít know whatís been planted until it comes to the surface. And this is an epidemic in the apostolic church today, itís sad but true!




For saints Paul is clear, the marriage covenant is until death. Now, was Paul talking physically or spiritually? Iím not making excuses for marriages in the church that they can just go to the divorce courts come back to the church and get remarried, Absolutely not! Yet, understanding the covenant this is a problem in church and itís going on for all hosts of reasons, porn, adultery, abuse, backsliding... With that said, that doesnít mean they committed the unpardonable sin, thatís a weight that those 2 will have to contend with for the rest of their lives.
Yes the blood of Jesus cleans anyone who truly repents!
(if i robe a bank and then repent, i have to give the money back, or in general, when i repent for a sin, that means i stop doing that sin. In the case of adultery ,one has to stop live the adultery
(i speak for the Christian brothers-sisters)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Divorce and Remarriage Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 402 08-06-2018 08:06 PM
Divorce and Remarriage? Esaias Fellowship Hall 35 06-28-2017 02:31 PM
divorce and remarriage? newlifeprophet Deep Waters 15 06-20-2012 05:25 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome
- by shag
- by Salome
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.