Facebook

Notices

Marriage Matters For discussion of Marital issues

Old 04-26-2019, 01:31 AM
Registered Member

Re: Adultery vs Fornication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
My first observation is that you skirted my the point of my last post.

I'll wait and see if you will deal with it.
I gave you an answer, now tell me, do you still believe that a wwoman who marrys an other still go to heaven? and the man who marrys her still a Christian? and the man who put her away still no sinner?
Old 04-26-2019, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
I gave you an answer, now tell me, do you still believe that a wwoman who marrys an other still go to heaven? and the man who marrys her still a Christian? and the man who put her away still no sinner?

You were caught in an absolutely horrible exegesis of a passage and do not want to deal with it because it casts such doubt on your interpretation of the whole Matthew 19 discourse on marriage.

Do you still think Moses inserted his own thoughts concerning the bill of divorcement?

Last edited by Originalist; 04-26-2019 at 02:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You were caught in an absolutely horrible exegesis of a passage and do not want to deal with it because it casts such doubt on your interpretation of the whole Matthew 19 discourse on marriage.

Do you still think Moses inserted his own thoughts concerning the bill of divorcement?
Οκ ,you said your opinion,we dont agree , now i leave you in peace .
(Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. )
Old 04-27-2019, 05:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Οκ ,you said your opinion,we dont agree , now i leave you in peace .
(Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. )

For the Law was given by Moses.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
For the Law was given by Moses.
"but the Truth through Jesus Christ" , No divorce in New Testament , "from the beginning was not so" we are not any more "hard-hearted" , now we have His Law written in Our Hearts . Amen.
Old 04-27-2019, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
"but the Truth through Jesus Christ" , No divorce in New Testament , "from the beginning was not so" we are not any more "hard-hearted" , now we have His Law written in Our Hearts . Amen.
Again, you are skirting the point. You have made the blasphemous claim that the instructions regarding the bill of divorcement were not God-breathed, but were interlopations by Moses. I have refuted that claim and exposed you to be a false teacher at worst, poor scholar at best.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Again, you are skirting the point. You have made the blasphemous claim that the instructions regarding the bill of divorcement were not God-breathed, but were interlopations by Moses. I have refuted that claim and exposed you to be a false teacher at worst, poor scholar at best.
οη οη οη easy! I dint now said anything of all that, instead it was the Word of God that hits you ..please ,if you did not like dont say to me...tell it to Jesus (is His own Word)

(Shake your head brother,I did not said anything for interpolations or that is not the Word of God etc. , i jsut said "Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so. Now please get me out of your eyes and see clearly what the Word is telling you , it is not me that makes you mad..is the Word
So now that you know i was not blasphemy the Word, i remind you your statement and then come to tell me....(whatever..i dont think you have anything other than apologies) :
Quote:
Originalist
Quote:
The author of this thread would have us believe that all those abandoned wives that remarried,without having been given a bill of divorcement, in order to avoid a life of prostitution or starvation, are in Hell.

Well that is the answer:
may i marry her ?1) :and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.
I put her away ? But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: . what she commits?
Quote:
Originalist
Quote:
And no, Jesus was not consigning those ladies to hell who were victims. Their husbands caused them to commit adultery, and are thus responsible

Lets just stay on facts ,if you want conversation do an apology about that.
I never said it was not the word of God the law, i just quoted Jesus, He said that "Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so" Is truth , God form the beginning made them man and woman "For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh? 6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder

Now you said also that
Quote:
"Originalist utting away is not divorce"
weeelll:
Puting away means just this what it says but Jesus spoke this phrase about two kinds of "putting away":
1) Putting away you Wife (that is divorce)
2)Putting away your girlfriend or unlawful relationship (like the Corinthian that lived with his mother or like Joseph thought to do on Mary when she told him that she was pregnant) that is Fornication.
-There is only one reason that Jesus describes divorce as "putting away" , Because there is not such thing as divorce in the New Testament!
The act of divorce is the only phrase to describe someone leave her wife..he just pit her away ,but in the eyes of God they are married untill :2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

Now you told me also "what happen to bad treated woman"?
Well ,here we have:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:
11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
=put away his wife=divorce (but there is not divorce anymore there is only putting away .

yet not I, but the Lord

Last edited by peter83; 04-27-2019 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-27-2019, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

You equate your own opinion with the word of God. I destroyed your opinion using the correct hermeneutical form. You have not the courage to admit it.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
You equate your own opinion with the word of God. I destroyed your opinion using the correct hermeneutical form. You have not the courage to admit it.

(hermeneutic form vs let the Spirit interpret His own words)

Last edited by peter83; 04-28-2019 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 05:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

(hermeneutic form vs let the Spirit interpret His own words)

Your statement is cultic. It supposes that you, by the "Spirit" (not God's, obviously) can mine "deeper revelation" from the plain text, even if it violates the context, or the basic laws of grammar, for that matter.

Stop spiritualizing your lack of scholarly work.