Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

They Loved Not Their Lives.

And the great dragon was cast out,that old serpent,called the Devil,and Satan,which deceived the world:he was cast out into the earth,and his angels were cast out with him.
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven,Now is come salvation,and strength,and the kingdom of our God,and the power of his Christ,for the accuser of our brethren is cast down,which accused them before our God day and night.
And they overcame him,by the blood of the Lamb,and by the word of their testimony;and they loved not their lives unto death.REV.12:9,10.11

Here we see in the book of Revelation that those who follow the Lamb,overcome by the Lamb's shed blood and their word of testimony,and they loved not their lives unto death.
Many in times past and in recent times have given their lives in their following of Jesus Christ.

While we as believers follow Christ today we may not die a physical death for our discipleship of Jesus Christ,we still need to love not our lives into death.
When we follow Christ and His truth,we need to die to religious tradtions of man,in order to embrace Biblical truth.Error that is deep seated needs to die in us so we can go with God,so we can be sanctified by truth,so we can be in union with Christ,as Jesus prayed for His followers in His great High Priestly prayer in John.17.

We need to die out to own self wills so that Christ can be glorified in us,so that we can be His hands extended reaching to those who are undone.
We as believers are the Body Of Christ in the earth.
May we pray as our great Elder brother,father nevertheeless not my will but thine be done.

We need to surrender our lives unto death,in worldy pursuits,as Jesus Christ prayed and sought His father,so should we need to spend time in prayer and preperation so we can be effective ministers of reconcilation and be stewards of the grace of God,so liberally given to us by Our blessed Saviour.
If we care so little for things of the next life how can be salt and light in this life?
May we be as the disciples of old, and love not our lives unto death.

Last edited by Scott Hutchinson; 02-21-2007 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Typo Errors
Old 02-21-2007, 09:28 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Now if anybody has any thoughts or corrective critcisms please be feel to post as I enjoy hearing from others as I desire to develope my thoughts.
I desire to effectively commincation what I feel in my heart to others.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered Member

Good thoughts Bro Scott.
I was just talking to another minister last night about our walk with God being one of self denial!

This ain't no pleasure cruise into heaven!

Thanks for sharing this!
Old 02-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Thank you ,Bro.Ron I have some thoughts,I want to share with others.
Of course to me I don't do as well as I would like to.
But I do have some thoughts I would like to post.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:00 AM
ZeroedIn

Heard a great sermon one time titled "Love Not Your World" Taken from John's writings on "Love not the world..........

The preacher admonished us to not get so wrapped up in "our world" ......"our life"

Good post
Old 02-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Thank you Zeroedin for your kind words.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

Good observations Bro. Hope someone will be stirred as you will not hear it taught often.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:38 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Thank Bro.Michael,I didn't know if this was any good or not.But I'm trying to build people's faith and I desire to point people to The Lamb.
I've found as a minster I must be myself and not fit anyone's mold.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
And the great dragon was cast out,that old serpent,called the Devil,and Satan,which deceived the world:he was cast out into the earth,and his angels were cast out with him.
And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven,Now is come salvation,and strength,and the kingdom of our God,and the power of his Christ,for the accuser of our brethren is cast down,which accused them before our God day and night.
And they overcame him,by the blood of the Lamb,and by the word of their testimony;and they loved not their lives unto death.REV.12:9,10.11

Here we see in the book of Revelation that those who follow the Lamb,overcome by the Lamb's shed blood and their word of testimony,and they loved not their lives unto death.
Many in times past and in recent times have given their lives in their following of Jesus Christ.

While we as believers follow Christ today we may not die a physical death for our discipleship of Jesus Christ,we still need to love not our lives into death.
When we follow Christ and His truth,we need to die to religious tradtions of man,in order to embrace Biblical truth.Error that is deep seated needs to die in us so we can go with God,so we can be sanctified by truth,so we can be in union with Christ,as Jesus prayed for His followers in His great High Priestly prayer in John.17.

We need to die out to own self wills so that Christ can be glorified in us,so that we can be His hands extended reaching to those who are undone.
We as believers are the Body Of Christ in the earth.
May we pray as our great Elder brother,father nevertheeless not my will but thine be done.

We need to surrender our lives unto death,in worldy pursuits,as Jesus Christ prayed and sought His father,so should we need to spend time in prayer and preperation so we can be effective ministers of reconcilation and be stewards of the grace of God,so liberally given to us by Our blessed Saviour.
If we care so little for things of the next life how can be salt and light in this life?
May we be as the disciples of old, and love not our lives unto death.
Well, Jesus did say to deny ourselves, take up our crosses and follow Him. The cross was an instrument of death. By taking it up, we are essentially saying that we are dying to self. Paul said "I die daily."

We commit treason against the kingdom of God by refusing to deny ourselves, die to self, etc. We declare that we love our lives, and that we love the world, by fighting for worldly pursuits, fighting for our "rights" in wicked worldly societies (like America and every other nation), trying to exercise control over governments and social institutions, bringing worldly philosophies into the Church (such as psychology and evolution), etc. You're right: we must love not our lives unto death. We are strangers and pilgrims (some translations have "exiles") in this wicked world. We are sent as ambassadors into enemy territory in order to communicate one message and one message only: be reconciled to God.