Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentecostisalive View Post
I don't know him personally, and he might be the most wonderful man on the face of the earth. Yet, we don't follow someone into false doctrine, no matter how nice he is. Nice doesn't mean "saved", nice doesn't mean "right".

There is more to the Bible than Acts 2:38 and though he believes that, he has thrown out of alot of the rest.

I am not tearing down the man personally, but what he believes and his doctrine is tainted, and watered down.
Which parts? Standards?

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 10-09-2007, 04:51 PM
pentecostisalive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Are you an elder/pastor/preacher?!
I am a preacher and licensed with UPCI.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I am a preacher and licensed with UPCI.
Ahhhh...well I only asked because personally I would be very careful before suggesting that another elder is in false doctrine.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Administrator

Honestly, I would rather err on the side of caution. Unless you get something straight from the horse's mouth, its best not to toss out accusations, EVEN (tic) against brethren that aren't part of The Organization.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 10-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Kenneth Phillips is da bomb!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Honestly, I would rather err on the side of caution. Unless you get something straight from the horse's mouth, its best not to toss out accusations, EVEN (tic) against brethren that aren't part of The Organization.
Amen...
Old 10-09-2007, 05:28 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightline View Post

Truth be told, not only was AM's speech not impressive, and more "preaching" than anything else, he spoke out-of-turn, trying to talk about the resolution when the debate at hand was JMJ's amendment, which AM did NOT address.

I did not see any swaying; it appeared all came with made-up minds.

God's Plumbline is a
Straightline
Quote:
I don't think that AM swayed the floor either, but I found it interesting that men that are not apart of the UPCI are saying that in a positive light.
It is possible that AM did not make a difference on peoples opinions of how they would vote. I was not there so I do not know if AM made a difference, but I would find it hard to believe. He has the respect of alot of men in the movement I think he probably had something to do with why some people voted for it. I would agree that maybe his speech at GC may not have swayed people but the one he gave at BOTT may have.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:42 PM
My Family!

Quote:
I don't know him personally, and he might be the most wonderful man on the face of the earth. Yet, we don't follow someone into false doctrine, no matter how nice he is. Nice doesn't mean "saved", nice doesn't mean "right".

There is more to the Bible than Acts 2:38 and though he believes that, he has thrown out of alot of the rest.

I am not tearing down the man personally, but what he believes and his doctrine is tainted, and watered down.
What has he thrown out?
Old 10-09-2007, 05:49 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:

How so? And I know we're generalizing a bit here, I don't know the guy either nor have I ever heard him preach on TV or in person. I have seen some clips people have posted and read statements that he made.

KP actually sounded like he was "stronger on the message" than some people I know in the UPC. He is very strong on the salvation doctrine. What is it that he's done that makes you say he's "watered down?"
Old 10-09-2007, 06:06 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Sounded pretty good to me.

I would like to know more about Fender.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves