Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-24-2018, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

8855 Dunn Rd.
Some of the things I meant to do in life and never got a chance to are;

1. Ride on a Concorde supersonic jet
2. Ride on a 747 (still possible but getting harder)
3. Visit the UPCI HQ at 8855 Dunn Road because 50 years ago as a kid in a small church of about 50 people pictures of it looked so huge and cool. Sadly I only learned a few years ago that the neighborhood had gone down and was now a very dangerous place.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-25-2018, 08:10 PM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Chapter and Verse??? It wouldn't satisfy you if I did.

How do you know that?

Besides that, I am sure you are not ignorant of the scriptural principals that support such a stand. Those principles don't get it for you though, do they?

Of course I am not ignorant of the word of God, I have preach it for many years. I quite understand the scriptural principles some preachers used to support such a stand, but those preachers overstepped their boundaries. I have preached many arguments against their flawed reasoning, but it seems that the arguments I have used don't get it for you though, do they?

The perversion that has overtaken Pentecost through they open door of Hollywood means nothing to you, does it?

True Pentecost can not be overtaken by evil, because it is strong to withstand any attacks.

The countless warnings of anointed men of God that have seen ahead of their time and raised their voice against the coming "tides of transition" mean absolutely nothing to you, even though their burden and conviction was inspired by the Holy Ghost of God.

They were well intention preachers, but they were incorrect in some of their ideas. And you do not know what means absolutely nothing to me or everything to me, the only one who truly knows what something means to me is my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, who is my mighty God.

The same Holy Ghost that inspired the chapter and verses you want me to quote.

But you have not chapter and verses to quote to me.

If none of that is good enough for you, then chapter and verse won't be good enough for you either, because you know not God.

How do you know I do not know God, can you read my mind somehow or know my heart? Well I got news for you, I do know God and his name is Jesus Christ (Yeshua HaMaschiach) and I talk to him and he talks to me, and not I am not a mental patient.

You either don't know the difference between the Holy and profane or you don't care.

Once again, you are accusing me of not knowing something, or not caring. You do not know what differences I understand what I care about.

So carry on, taking God's people back to the filth that Jesus died to save them from.
I am not taking anyone to filth, I am taking people to become grown up and not children who do not know how to discern what is right from what is wrong.

I take people to think of what they are going to do and to take responsibility for their actions, instead of being little children who must be treated in an infantile way.

Last edited by FlamingZword; 02-25-2018 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Banned

Exclamation Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??

Quote:
Originally Posted by acjcpastor View Post
Here is how it works: I held a license with the UPCI when the affirmation statement was first imposed upon the ministry. Once the news of it began to spread amongst the rank and file, many good men began making plans to exodus the organization. As I recall, in order to quell the dissention in the ranks, headquarters mailed out a letter from Bro. Urshan giving “the consummate interpretation and explanation” of the affirmation statement. In the following excerpts you can see how many ministers, including myself, could sign the AF knowing they didn’t fully indorse every jot and tittle of the AF.

“The resolution does not give any added powers to officials. If a minister believes our message, all he must do is sign the annual statement. If he does, no official can take any action against him, except under the provisions of our Constitution and Judicial Procedure that already exist. There is no provision for contesting a signed statement.
The resolution does not allow officials to impose private interpretations of holiness standards. The only person who interprets the statement is the minister himself. If he honestly embraces the principles described in the two sections of the Articles of Faith, then he can and should sign the statement. No one can challenge his signature on the basis of personal interpretations and applications.
Some people have argued that the resolution will impose controversial views on subjects such as long sleeves, wedding rings, hair arrangement, church softball games, facial hair, skating rinks, and so on. Neither the resolution nor the statement, nor the Articles of Faith mention these subjects. The Articles of Faith mention matters such as immodest dress, worldly sports, and unwholesome music, but the specific definition and application of these principles have always been left to the individual pastor and saint.
Moreover, the methods by which a pastor seeks to convert and disciple people who attend his church is in his discretion. Nothing in the resolution changes these prerogatives.
Years ago I attended Kenneth Philip's church in Austin, TX. At that time they spent HUGE sums of money to create a TV studio in the church. This was WAY BEFORE the advent of cable and the inter net. Anyway, the UPCI sacked him. He was broken and deeply grieved. He never lost hope, did not curse the organization, he just left. H closed the doors on the TV studio and the went on.

Today I guess is a new day. My home church streams on Facebook. My former shepherd even goes to TBN. Things have changed so much. I remember when Brother Heard would bring those goof slides into the church and it cause a buzz! Some of the older saints said when they started their walk with Jesus, listening to a phonographic with Roy Rogers singing asong about the old West would send them to hell.

Times have changed.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Banned

Fear and trembling. It is a good thing to set up rules to live by. The rules appear dumb in some situations but the situation will come where if one was following the rule, they would not be in said situation to begin with.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:53 AM
Banned

Is there a thread here on the web site about acting, plays, live performances and such things? UPCI churches around the world have had "Christmas Plays" for as long as I remember.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Covenant Apostolic

if you read the synopsis of this season's operas, you will see that they don't have a Godly theme.

https://www.metopera.org/Season/In-Cinemas/
Old 03-19-2018, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRose View Post
Years ago I attended Kenneth Philip's church in Austin, TX. At that time they spent HUGE sums of money to create a TV studio in the church. This was WAY BEFORE the advent of cable and the inter net. Anyway, the UPCI sacked him. He was broken and deeply grieved. He never lost hope, did not curse the organization, he just left. H closed the doors on the TV studio and the went on.

Today I guess is a new day. My home church streams on Facebook. My former shepherd even goes to TBN. Things have changed so much. I remember when Brother Heard would bring those goof slides into the church and it cause a buzz! Some of the older saints said when they started their walk with Jesus, listening to a phonographic with Roy Rogers singing asong about the old West would send them to hell.

Times have changed.
The UPCI did not "sack" him.
At least that is not the way I remember the events.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
The UPCI did not "sack" him.
At least that is not the way I remember the events.
I heard he left on his own.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
if you read the synopsis of this season's operas, you will see that they don't have a Godly theme.

https://www.metopera.org/Season/In-Cinemas/

Very silly Sister. No I was looking for a thread on what the saints think about performing in a theater.
Old 03-20-2018, 03:16 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRose View Post

Times have changed.
What's your goal?