Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-18-2018, 11:50 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Re: God Inhabits the praises of His people

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
We are never commanded to seek a fresh annointing...we ARE commanded to stir up the gift within us, and to be transformed by the renewing of our minds to the Word of God.

Stir up whats there...NOT to add to or replace as far as our Spirit is concerned and to renew our minds. Two separate issues. God doesnt go bad....we do when we dont keep our minds renewed.

Its not our spirit but the Spirit of Christ in us. God doesnt break down, go old and moldy.

Does God get stale and leave?

This isnt changing our socks.
Well, this caused me to be filled with elations. I almost got a little wild. I would have raised one hand... but I am holding my phone.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

I mean I'm not saying I don't agree with it, I believe it's absolute truth. But people be like "the scripture says, God Inhabits the praises of His people." I do understand we can be Spiritual Israel. But not 1 single person and I've heard this 100's of times ever said what scripture actually said and then explained that.

What I want to know is this seems like some type of learned practice. And I use go to a COOLJC church and they were big on this Statement also. So it's embedded deep in the Apostolic movement as I can see. The thing is I'm not refuting if it's right (but I do appreciate Will, and Houston's on point responses. ) I want to know why it's widespread of creating a non existent verse and no one ever clarifying it.

You who have been Apostolic all your life have you always heard it said like this with no clarification? Has this always been? I'm not going to go charismatic (or make a viral Facebook video about it either!)over this but I thought it was a good observation to discuss and throw the ball around.

Has anybody else noticed this or just me?

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 10-18-2018, 02:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I mean I'm not saying I don't agree with it, I believe it's absolute truth. But people be like "the scripture says, God Inhabits the praises of His people." I do understand we can be Spiritual Israel. But not 1 single person and I've heard this 100's of times ever said what scripture actually said and then explained that.

What I want to know is this seems like some type of learned practice. And I use go to a COOLJC church and they were big on this Statement also. So it's embedded deep in the Apostolic movement as I can see. The thing is I'm not refuting if it's right (but I do appreciate Will, and Houston's on point responses. ) I want to know why it's widespread of creating a non existent verse and no one ever clarifying it.

You who have been Apostolic all your life have you always heard it said like this with no clarification? Has this always been? I'm not going to go charismatic (or make a viral Facebook video about it either!)over this but I thought it was a good observation to discuss and throw the ball around.

"When the praises go up, blessings come down!"

Old 10-18-2018, 04:18 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBandy View Post
This one and your first post on this thread is spot on!! Best post an AFF in some time!

Amazing how awesome the Word of God is when we get mans traditions out of the way and just read it for what it is and not only believe it but do it....quit adding to it and simply read whats there in context.

Thank you for the compliment btw.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:29 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
My personal experience is that I need to seek the LORD for fresh anointing on my life and to keep the flesh under submission. I need to be careful to walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh. Part of seeking after God, for me, is worship.

Acts 4:31 31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

1 John 2:27 - But the anointing which ye have received of him ABIDETH in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing TEACHETH you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

That eth at the end...thats continually. Doesnt leave.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post

Actually a while back I got curious and went looking for the scripture and the only one I could find was the one you referenced. I think it's one of those preacher cliches we hear often. Doesn't make it any less true, but would be nice of it was quoted properly.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:19 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingDominion View Post
Actually a while back I got curious and went looking for the scripture and the only one I could find was the one you referenced. I think it's one of those preacher cliches we hear often. Doesn't make it any less true, but would be nice of it was quoted properly.
The verse says that God inhabits the praises of Israel. Is Israel His people? Why, yes, they are. Inhabits means to abide, to dwell, to park your rear end somewhere. I don't see how there is an issue here. God dwells in the praises of His people. It says so. So... how come all this fuss as if the Bible does NOT say that God dwels in or inhabits the praises of His beloved?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-23-2018, 02:52 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Psalm 92
1 (A Psalm or Song for the sabbath day.) It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
2 To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,
3 Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.
4 For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.
5 O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
6 A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
7 When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:
8 But thou, LORD, art most high for evermore.
9 For, lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
11 Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me.
12 The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
13 Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
15 To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:31 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
The verse says that God inhabits the praises of Israel. Is Israel His people? Why, yes, they are. Inhabits means to abide, to dwell, to park your rear end somewhere. I don't see how there is an issue here. God dwells in the praises of His people. It says so. So... how come all this fuss as if the Bible does NOT say that God dwels in or inhabits the praises of His beloved?

Because praise is done through our own efforts so we develop the mindset that we need to DO something to get God to "show up" as if the Spirit of Christ does not abide within us.

I know I know...nobody that is Spirit filled will come out and say that His Spirit is NOT within them but we habitually worship like that is the case.

Its Christ within YOU the hope of Glory NOT Christ in your PRAISE the hope of glory.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:32 AM
Registered Member

I’ve wondered, and still wonder, about this...

Where it attend, it is consistently very vocalized:
“It’s good to be in Gods house” or “house of the Lord is spoken of atkeast 5-6x or more on any given service.
“God still inhabits the praises of His people”.

It is basically considered up to the praise team to “lead us into the presence of God”, through song. When outward praise has gotten more intense, then it is considered that Gods presence has “came down”.

Meeting in a holy place(Gods house- Bethel, because that is the special designated place where we meet w God), “paying a holy tithe(new and improved, to the pastor to dispurse, or not, at his discretion and authority), praying down the presence of God, then listening to the man of God bring the word of God, (basically considered, but in unspoken words)as the mediator between man and God as Moses was. Then a (Billy Graham?) alter call.
Every “service”.

God inhabits praise verses God inhabits his people, maybe?

Yet Stephen was martyred, to some degree for saying God no longer dwells in temples made with hands...

One time the pastor even paid my son, as a teen Agee, $10 for setting an example for the other kids by setting on the front row. Made me think of the verse, “ they love the best seats in the synagogues”...

We often sing, “We Bring the sacrifice of praise, into the house of the Lord”. And we offer up to you, the sacrifices of Thanksgiving”, ....

Old Testament-New Testament ?

Is this how it’s suppose to be in the New Testament?

Is this “model of operation” that we are told to observe, the appropriate nt model that we are in fact, to observe?
I’m not exactly sure...
Opinions?

Last edited by JamesGlen; 10-23-2018 at 06:55 AM.