Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-31-2020, 10:04 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Sister Linda Gibson Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Yes. You weren’t gentle enough. You’re suavitel when we’re needing snuggle. Or downy.
Still, I don't have the foggiest idea on what I could've done.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:21 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Still, I don't have the foggiest idea on what I could've done.
You commented on his lady-man-of-God...
Old 07-31-2020, 11:37 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
You commented on his lady-man-of-God...

Recently?

Last post dialogue between us I mentioned the whole scenario concerning the husband and wife joint pastoring team. I then asked the logical questions concerning the offspring of the two pastors. Since marriage alone causes a joint "calling" into eldership. I honestly wondered if we should explore the larger implications of the physical offspring of this ministerial union. If the calling covers the spouse, does it also include the "kids?" I don't know, but while one may be called of God, not everyone in that family have or are even required to be "ministry." Let alone, a pastor, an evangelist, a prophet, an apostle or a teacher. While the pastor, or elder is a whiz at theological subjects, his spouse may be at a loss to handle the word as well as her husband. Or expounding the word or the most important "leadership" while the husband may be an excellent called leader his wife may be totally unskilled to manage as well as her husband. Men lead men, women do a lousy job as men, and visa versa. Just asked the young man some questions. If that is where I commited a crime, so be it. I promise him, I won't be the last to ask the questions. May the Lord bless him to not be able to escape via the keyboard, and that he will have to deal with it face to face.
Old 07-13-2023, 07:53 AM
Registered Member

Here we are some three years after I started this thread.

Sis Linda is still Jesus Name. She has came back to our church a few times, blessed us with her ministry of songs. She has testified of how some Trinitarian churches are now "hostile" towards her for being "too Apostolic". In her song, "I'm a Pentecostal," she sometimes sings now as "I'm an Apostolic" with too many things having changed in her "Apostolic mind".

My wife and I are blessed and moving forward in God. We've had a few valleys, some deep, deep valleys, but God's been faithful in pulling us through. We've both grown in the Lord and we've both allowed him to use us more and more.

My pastors, my in-laws, are still pushing ahead in leading our church towards Christ. We've had some good preaching, strong moves of the Spirit, you name it. We've had new families come in, get delivered, baptized in Jesus' name, filled with the Holy Ghost. Praise God!

Can't deny what God is doing and who He uses to do it!
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-17-2023, 06:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
Can't deny what God is doing and who He uses to do it!
The Bible one time mentions an Ass speaking with a man's voice to correct an individual. Yet, we don't enlist barnyard animals to preach to a congregation. Telling people we can't deny results and claiming those results are God ordained isn't wise. Reason being many "groups" can say the same thing, while looking over at your results and seeing them as poor. Mormons, Joe Witnesses, Chuck Smith's Calvary Chapel Industrial Church Complex would say that we shouldn't deny what God is doing with them. Joe Smith's Elders are from sea to shining sea. Now, should we then use your measurement of "results" as the standard of Biblical truth?
Old 07-18-2023, 10:18 AM
New User

If she is “one of us” why is she still “one of them?”
Old 07-18-2023, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The Bible one time mentions an Ass speaking with a man's voice to correct an individual. Yet, we don't enlist barnyard animals to preach to a congregation. Telling people we can't deny results and claiming those results are God ordained isn't wise. Reason being many "groups" can say the same thing, while looking over at your results and seeing them as poor. Mormons, Joe Witnesses, Chuck Smith's Calvary Chapel Industrial Church Complex would say that we shouldn't deny what God is doing with them. Joe Smith's Elders are from sea to shining sea. Now, should we then use your measurement of "results" as the standard of Biblical truth?
Brother, God can and does use who He wishes to spread the Word. Not some false, counterfeit gospel. But God uses men, women, children, and the like to spread this Jesus Name Acts 2:38 message.

If people weren't called because of their gender, then the anointing wouldn't fall when they preach.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-18-2023, 06:47 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Brother, God can and does use who He wishes to spread the Word. Not some false, counterfeit gospel. But God uses men, women, children, and the like to spread this Jesus Name Acts 2:38 message.

If people weren't called because of their gender, then the anointing wouldn't fall when they preach.
Actually, we blame God for a lot of nonsense He never advocated. Just like the false teachers I mentioned, sadly some Apostolic Pentecostals follow suit. God never ordained women or children to preach and teach married men, and their families. Romanticizing the idea that God will use women, children, and mules as eldership is unbiblical, and ridiculous. God used the donkey once, the child with his lunch basket once, the women at the grave once. Yet, none of the 12 apostles were donkeys, women, or children. Isaiah 3:12 wasn’t written by a woman, a donkey, or a child. The prophet was a man.
Old 07-20-2023, 07:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

Please provide book, chapter, and verse from the Holy Bible where somebody preached and "the anointing fell".

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-21-2023, 02:35 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Please provide book, chapter, and verse from the Holy Bible where somebody preached and "the anointing fell".
Oh, this is a good one.