Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Re: Evangelist Bentley stepping down

I see scripture that says the Holy Ghost leads into truth, but haven't found the one that says the Holy Ghost will only draw people via Apostolics.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Cross-examine it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Not their god, they have a god that is cultural and he fits what they want.
He NEVER corrects anything, he allows his followers to grope around in mystery. Their god has a hit-and-miss fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants theology.

Victims of American Churchanity, telling people that they can find truth by attending Todd Bentley meetings is the same as saying that you can attend David Moses Berg's "Family" Children of God and find Truth. Paul and Peter would rebuke those who hold such chaos and call it Jesus.

Come out among them? As far as American Churchanity Charismaticism believes all sould go dumpster diving, and don't mind the maggots.

Jesus help us

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa
Funny you can't find any truth with TB but you could find it in Ozzy Osborne...Talk about digging through the trash for truth.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
I see scripture that says the Holy Ghost leads into truth, but haven't found the one that says the Holy Ghost will only draw people via Apostolics.
I dont think anyone is denying that PEOPLE have been drawn, or people have been ministered too....

the issue is with the fruitcake taking the credit - and those who are loving him to death after he's been outed
Old 08-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post
I dont think anyone is denying that PEOPLE have been drawn, or people have been ministered too....

the issue is with the fruitcake taking the credit - and those who are loving him to death after he's been outed
I didn't see those posts, but did see the ones that deny that people can be drawn to God through those people, stating He can't go against His word, which is why I said what I said.

I don't think anyone, Apostolic or otherwise, can take credit for someone being drawn to God. The Bible says that nobody can come to Him lest they be drawn by the Father.

Joh 6:44
No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

God works through us all, regardless.

But if anyone is giving this fruitcake any credit, well, they are a fruitcake as well.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa View Post

I think this speaks for itself... Fruitcakes seem to be drawn to their own!!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Lamb Saved & Shepherd Led

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
Funny you can't find any truth with TB but you could find it in Ozzy Osborne...Talk about digging through the trash for truth.
Surely you know there’s a difference between what a truthful statement is and what biblical Truth is, don't you? One could say that a preacher “feel in adultery,” and be correct. That would then be a “truthful” statement. Another could say that the Bible teaches against adultery. That would be “biblical Truth.” Deception occurs when biblical Truth is perverted by false teachings or human behavior that’s contrary to Jesus' New Covenant message. When this occurs, biblical Truth is obscured. That was the problem with Simon the Sorcerer. He saw the power of God and wanted to preach it to his own gain. That meant he wanted to preach “biblical Truth” in a perverted way. The apostles rebuked him for his “wickedness.” They called him to repent...and even wrote of his sin (Acts 8).

It seems the Apostles did not share the sediment some do here. They called sin, “sin.” They openly rebuked false prophets, ministers, and even SORCERERS for the wickedness of their doctrine. Their rebuke was followed by a call for repentance. That was the apostolic way then, why should it be any different today? To see why such a stance is still “apostolic,” look at these: 1 Tim 5:19-21; Mat 18:15-20; Rom 16:17-18; 1Cor 5:3-5; 2Th 3:6, 14-15; 1Tim 6:5; 2Jo 1:10-11.
The Bible is open to those that want Truth, and if they want Truth, they find Truth. They watch individuals squabble over Bible symbolism on the Internet, and leave the Message boards to enter into the real world where live people dwell, and they find Truth. The World Wide Web is full of Internet Ayatollahs who speak their mind. There is only one Truth, and it is not hidden. No matter what anyone says, Truth still converts the sincere.
 -DD Benincasa, 12/06/03

www.tkburk.com
Old 08-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Mr. Stewart

I have to say that in reading these posts I am firmly among those who feel that it is very important that we test spirits and stand against those false prophets who do raise up and mislead millions. Not recognizing this phenomenon would require ignoring a great majority of the end-time prophecies and the warnings that the Bible gives about the "Christian world" in the last days.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 08-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron1710 View Post
How stupid do I think you are? What is this a setup?

If God could speak through a dockey Bentley should be no problem for him. I know people who were saved because some misguided dude wrote a book about how Jesus was coming back in the fall of 1988, absolute nonsense but God used it.

I know people who were saved by responding to an altar call from a pastor who was sleeping with his secretary, but God used him

You must serve a tiny little God that can only work through perfection and through those completely submitted to Him.
Baron, though we are on different sides on the TB issue you usually post things that make sense. But this is so way off aside from the cutness of using Balaams dockey to subtly call TB a dockey. The examples that you give to support the contention that God can use anyone do not apply to TB. NO WAY WILL GOD GO OUT AND FIND A DEMONIC POSSESSED INDIVIDUAL TO PREACH HIS HOLY GOSPEL. What did Paul do to the woman who cried, "these man are servents of the most high God?" He told her to shut-up! You should have the same response to TB. Very little of what he did was preaching the gospel. EVERY TIME I watched I saw "healings" and self promotion.

How can anyone defend him now by saying he needs our prayers??? He has made his million, he got caught with his zipper down with the wrong woman. It is not as if he were in ICU with tubes running out of every orifice and his soul dangling over brimstone. Good grief.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
www.onenewsnow.com/Church/Default.aspx?id=219700

Looks like Bentley kind of mislead his people....what a surprise.
This guy had a checkered past to begin with and next thing you know he opens a "revival" in Florida? Nobody was clued in when he kicked that guy in the gut?

Revivals aren't about the shows. That is the problem with Americans. We want to see something happen. Sure there might be a prayer line, but revival is more about preaching the gospel. There should be signs, wonders and miracles but when a tent comes to town focusing just on that part and makes it a big top attraction (show) I will always be cautious because this is exactly how the frauds work

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve p View Post
God is sovereign...he can do as he pleases!
But he will not use a demon to preach is Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
God is bound by His Word.
Exactly!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Except contradict Himself.
That says it in 3 words why God would not be using TB. TB is a contradiction of everything Holy, righteous and true; opposite of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
He used David, who was a murderer and an adulterer!! And all while he was writing the Psalms!!
David was an anointed King/Prophet. TB IS NOT IN THAT CLASS.