Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Grandparents Guild
Facebook

Notices

The Grandparents Guild A Gathering Place for the Grandparents of AFF

Old 03-19-2010, 09:20 AM
ultra con (at least here)

Re: James Griffin's Best Christmas Present Ever!

Where's the fun in that!!! When first wife (Lesa) was 8 months pregnant with baby daddy, we were in a line at Walmart. When I looked at her and said in an annoyed loud voice.

"Ok, ok, I'll marry you, whatever, just shut up."

Good times.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:29 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Griffin View Post
Where's the fun in that!!! When first wife (Lesa) was 8 months pregnant with baby daddy, we were in a line at Walmart. When I looked at her and said in an annoyed loud voice.

Good times.
YOU are terrible! But, at least it was in Wal-Mart - that's probably the norm for there!
Old 03-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:

Good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
YOU are terrible! But, at least it was in Wal-Mart - that's probably the norm for there!

I would have grabbed my Walmart bag and slugged him in the face!
Old 05-24-2010, 01:47 PM

The following is a FB NOTE by my daughter in law MEGAN:

Let me start off by saying that I’ve never been one to blog or even utilize this “notes” section. But when I realized the status update I was in the middle of writing was no where near done and longer than most I’d ever seen I thought now was an appropriate time to give it a try. Lol

So…I have spent the last weeks eagerly anticipating the arrival of a number of baby related things; I’ve been expecting, 8 deliveries to be exact. Tracking the packages online, watching them go from “In Transit” to “Out for Delivery” and finally to “Delivered” so that I knew exactly what and when something would be waiting for me when I got home from work. “Out for Delivery” days were the worst…checking almost constantly, when finally the status changes to “Delivered” I would begin to watch the seconds tic away like minutes in anticipation to get home and open them up. As they have arrived, I have ripped into those boxes like a kid on Christmas and commenced the necessary set up, assembly, or unwrapping required to actually see my new found treasure in its intended state. Then…I would sit back and admire my newly acquired treasure, this “thing” that I have waited so long for, and smile to myself as I think “My baby now has a (fill in the blank…dresser, hamper, more little clothes for his closet (eek! he has a closet!), mirror, etc)”.

Now yesterday, the last of 8 packages arrived, and in this package was the stroller (my baby has a stroller!)!! So last night around 9:00 James and I finished unpacking, assembling and playing with all of the gadgets and buttons that thing has (all the while with Flight of the Navigator playing in the background..one of James’ favorite movies that he cannot wait to watch with our boy). We learned all there was to know about it and how it works…then it was moved into our game room to sit, and there it will stay until our baby comes.

As we got into bed that night, I found myself overjoyed with the week’s activities and saddened that I didn’t have any more packages coming; not yet at least, because I know that my baby will acquire PLENTY more treasures over the next few months but when and what is still a mystery. It was as I lay there in bed thinking that it dawned on me…our baby is the best package of all; or should I say a very “Special Delivery”, one that just has a longer “In Transit” route than most packages. Oh boy! This was a thought to have! And then I began to think about how I can’t wait to meet our baby, smell our baby (yes, smell my baby), hold our baby, hear our baby, play with our baby, get to know our baby, learn everything there is to know about our baby, and show our baby all of his treasures that I’ve eagerly gathered for him over the course of his 9 month (err 10 month…you other mom’s get this) journey to delivery. The sadness I began to feel earlier quickly faded and was replaced with a joy greater than any I had felt all week waiting for all those other things as I realized the treasure I had in store for me.

It’s hard to believe that there could ever be someone that you love so much without ever having met them yet. That you can hardly know a thing about someone yet you can barely stand the anticipation of waiting to meeting them. I’m sure as my day of “Delivery” draws near the excitement will continue to grow. And I’m sure that once my fondest treasure is actually “Out for Delivery” both James and I will be watching the seconds tic away like minutes, the minutes like hours, as we wait for the big event to actually occur…for our baby’s birth time, weight, and length to be known…for our boy to be “Delivered”. Just to then take him home and sit back and admire our newly created treasure…our baby boy.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Not riding the train

Beautiful, James!!! What precious thoughts!! Thanks for posting!!!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:43 PM
Registered Member

This brought tears to my eyes! Awesome !
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 05-27-2010, 03:47 PM

My son has put a couple classics on FB as well:

"This kid is going to be soooo awesome, imagine me raised by me"

Last edited by James Griffin; 05-27-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:09 PM
My Family!

James - that was so sweet!

I'm getting so excited about having grandbabies in our future!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:05 AM

At ACN general conference in Dallas.

Just got call water broke....
Old 08-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
At ACN general conference in Dallas.

Just got call water broke....

Praying!!!!!!!!