Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 11-02-2007, 11:38 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I do know that while he is Pastor, Bishop still calls the shots... and you can quote me on that...

If I were a betting man I would bet that he just forgot to pay his dues....

Another point...Myles could preach and reach people in circles around anybody there local... He is a really good preacher...and relates with folks...

I knew guys who grew up with him and in his youth he was very liberal but he has reached a conservative point in his life serving under his FIL...and now his Dad attends there too...

I have a lot of respect for Myles as well as feeling somewhat sorry for him to...

Shadows sometimes are hard to overcome but they soon vanish away in time...

Just my opinion...
You said a lot....and it is true.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Sweet Pea
I really don't think it is a standard or a conservative issue that is motivating Myles. Myles is a progressive thinker but I think he is searching for that "special something" he knew as a young person that has slipped away from him and his generation the last few years. I can almost guarantee he won't find it in Tulsa! But if he keeps searching in honesty something far better is coming his way and to all those who hunger after righteousness.
One thing I do know God's not worried for everything is going like clockwork.
Raven
I think this is the EXACT ISSUE. Resolution 4 was merely the final swing of the compass needle that demonstrated that what was missing was not likely to ever be recovered by the organization as a whole. That is why Tulsa is happening. Not because they are thinking they'll find it there, but because they KNOW they're not going to find it by staying... therefore, what's the point... let's look somewhere else.

Of course, those who place no value on that 'special something' are going to see no problem with the fact that it has slipped away. IMHO, what they're seeking for is a sovereign move of the Holy Ghost and the ability to 'move with the cloud'. And as the poster quoted above said, 'something far better [than staying with the org... my interpretation here] is coming his way and to all those who hunger for righteousness'.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:57 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorj View Post
I think this is the EXACT ISSUE. Resolution 4 was merely the final swing of the compass needle that demonstrated that what was missing was not likely to ever be recovered by the organization as a whole. That is why Tulsa is happening. Not because they are thinking they'll find it there, but because they KNOW they're not going to find it by staying... therefore, what's the point... let's look somewhere else.

Of course, those who place no value on that 'special something' are going to see no problem with the fact that it has slipped away. IMHO, what they're seeking for is a sovereign move of the Holy Ghost and the ability to 'move with the cloud'. And as the poster quoted above said, 'something far better [than staying with the org... my interpretation here] is coming his way and to all those who hunger for righteousness'.
Thank GOD there are those in the UPC that have found IT! God is God and if they have been in the UPC and have not found IT....my word.....
Old 11-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Da Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
Thank GOD there are those in the UPC that have found IT! God is God and if they have been in the UPC and have not found IT....my word.....

I say AMEN!! I am a full time evangelist based in a UPCI church and we are not leaving the UPCI. We are excited about the future of the UPCI and the positive impact that Res 4 will have on evangelizing our community. We have a soverign move of God every time we come together. We have the most awesome church I have ever been to.

The anointing at our church is unmatched anywhere I have ever been a member, visitied or ministered and I had the priviledge of ministering in some GREAT churches.

We have found what we need. We are not happy to stop where we are but we know that "jumping ship" is not the answer to more of God. More prayer, more fasting, more commitment is the answer and we are constantly reaching after those things. That is why we are going from "Glory to Glory".
Old 11-03-2007, 12:10 AM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
I say AMEN!! I am a full time evangelist based in a UPCI church and we are not leaving the UPCI. We are excited about the future of the UPCI and the positive impact that Res 4 will have on evangelizing our community. We have a soverign move of God every time we come together. We have the most awesome church I have ever been to.

The anointing at our church is unmatched anywhere I have ever been a member, visitied or ministered and I had the priviledge of ministering in some GREAT churches.

We have found what we need. We are not happy to stop where we are but we know that "jumping ship" is not the answer to more of God. More prayer, more fasting, more commitment is the answer and we are constantly reaching after those things. That is why we are going from "Glory to Glory".
AMEN! God is in our church....don't know where He is in some others that have been stated here as trying to find "it." Thank God our church doesn't have to look for God...HE is there everytime we call...HE is there and shows Himself to be true....when I walk into the church I feel HIM! We know HIM and follow HIM! Feel sorry for those on here that are "searching for it."
Old 11-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dora View Post
From what I remember he was just a normal great guy with a FABULOUS singing voice. We'll see how it all comes out in the wash...

Is Pop-in-law turning in his card, too? No surprise.

Girls cain't wear no bows in they're hair or striped tights or red shoes, but they can wear them designer suits and Rolex watches! Whoo Hoooo!!!

Costly array! Wonder if they can git thru those pearlies wearing Gucci???
You obviously haven't been to The Rock in Sac..... they've never preached against the the above mentioned items..... M-Y's wife is one of the most eccentric dressers around!!! (pretty crazy too -- at times!!)
Old 11-03-2007, 02:06 AM
Registered Member

Miles Young is a very upbeat music person.He was helping churches who are smaller get their music programs going.I know I corresponded with him by email when we were church planting and he was extremely nice and very helpful to me.I of course was the music program so the church was already
in trouble.lol...I do play a mean guitar though.I like expensive clothes that don't cost expensive prices.Can anyone say......sale.Pentecostal women love a sale.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
AMEN! God is in our church....don't know where He is in some others that have been stated here as trying to find "it." Thank God our church doesn't have to look for God...HE is there everytime we call...HE is there and shows Himself to be true....when I walk into the church I feel HIM! We know HIM and follow HIM! Feel sorry for those on here that are "searching for it."
They know God!!!.... and believe me there are VERY FEW places with more powerful-prayerful services than at The Rock!!! M-Y didn't turn in his CALL/ANOINTING, just his license with an organization! Raven wasn't posting of "that something" in reference to still trying to "locate" God -- but in the fellowship and "organizational" sense of creating a synergy that is conducive for a move of God and not political agendas and propaganda. In my opinion, many conferences and meetings have become little more than continual announcements, media presentations and departmental promotions. We MUST have DIVINE interruption!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
I do know that while he is Pastor, Bishop still calls the shots... and you can quote me on that...

If I were a betting man I would bet that he just forgot to pay his dues....

Another point...Myles could preach and reach people in circles around anybody there local... He is a really good preacher...and relates with folks...

I knew guys who grew up with him and in his youth he was very liberal but he has reached a conservative point in his life serving under his FIL...and now his Dad attends there too...

I have a lot of respect for Myles as well as feeling somewhat sorry for him to...

Shadows sometimes are hard to overcome but they soon vanish away in time...

Just my opinion...
Preach circles around NJW?

LOL!

Myles is a nice guy and a good preacher, but let's not be silly.

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 11-03-2007, 05:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Preach circles around NJW?

LOL!

Myles is a nice guy and a good preacher, but let's not be silly.
This is true...Bishop is one of the finest preachers I know!! He could preach in the forest and the birds and trees would get saved...