Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-22-2018, 05:31 PM
Banned

Re: Are Trinitarians Saved?

Listen Originalist. With your opinion, water baptism in any body's name would be acceptable for orthodoxy. Your position is untenable due to the lack of consistency it encourages.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
You will not find a pattern or even an instance where anyone was baptized in the Bible with any other, "invocation" other than the Name of Jesus. How is this not plain to you? I apologize, but are you a Trinitarian? If so, then I will apologize again and take a different approach towards you. If you are an Apostolic, then you should be ashamed of your attempts to advocate an unbiblical view of water baptism.

You are the one telling the lies. Prove them true. You can't, so you don't try.
I posted a challenge in the Salvational Issues subform for that very kind of discussion on SPBR because Acts does use different appellations of Jesus in the Acts. Neverthless, I asked not about baptism but if trinitarians are saved. The Campellites or Church of Christ (the Disciples use a piano, being the sole difference) are trinitarian baptismal regenerationists. Are they saved?

See the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession, 1693 (Keach's) Catechism as well as Gadsby's Catechism for the summation of my doctrinal beliefs; I do not maintain filiation and spiration. I emphatically hold to all Five Solas also the Scriptural Law of Worship.

Gmchristianbooks.com
Old 03-22-2018, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You will not find a pattern or even an instance where anyone was baptized in the Bible with any other, "invocation" other than the Name of Jesus.

Cite a baptismal invocation in Acts. Find one place where the baptizers words are quoted. I can show plenty of places where the Apostles and others baptized in the name OF Jesus, but I have no proof of their invocation. The invocation does not forgive sin anyway.

How is this not plain to you? I apologize, but are you a Trinitarian? If so, then I will apologize again and take a different approach towards you. If you are an Apostolic, then you should be ashamed of your attempts to advocate an unbiblical view of water baptism.

An unbiblical view of water baptism is the sacerdotal one you believe, that a baptizer's words forgive sin.

You are the one telling the lies. Prove them true. You can't, so you don't try.

Settle down, Junior. I baptize in the name of Jesus. While I am doing it, I vocally let everyone present know in whose name/by what authority I am doing it. But my vocalization is not what constitutes the baptism being done in the name of Jesus.
I am as oneness as you and I invoke the name of Jesus when I baptize thus...."Upon your profession of faith and by the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ, I now baptize you."
Old 03-22-2018, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
I posted a challenge in the Salvational Issues subform for that very kind of discussion on SPBR because Acts does use different appellations of Jesus in the Acts. Neverthless, I asked not about baptism but if trinitarians are saved. The Campellites or Church of Christ (the Disciples use a piano, being the sole difference) are trinitarian baptismal regenerationists. Are they saved?
I just started a thread about sins being washed away at baptism. I'd love to continue this conversation there. I pose a question and, if you are willing, you can state your position and maybe provide biblical proof, if that is the norm around here (because on this thread I am not even sure if scripture matters...)
Old 03-22-2018, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Listen Originalist. With your opinion, water baptism in any body's name would be acceptable for orthodoxy. Your position is untenable due to the lack of consistency it encourages.
This is going way over your head because of your attack dog programming. Hopefully my other posts cleared the air. Granted, I admire your haste to defend what you believe to be sacred truth. I'm only asking you to take a breath, take a step back, and truly meditate on what it means to do anything in the name of Jesus.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Again, I previously asked you for the proper view if the Father or the Son represent the one Jehovah. You never answered. If I am willing to read your college treatise, you could at least answer the question.
I defer to the diagram I posted. Did you see it? I will answer that question.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Originalist and Buckeye --

You can be passionate in your beliefs, but I ask you what baptism has to do with we Trinitarians being saved or lost insofar as Trinitarianism is concerned. The question was not about baptism but Trinitarianism.

See the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession, 1693 (Keach's) Catechism as well as Gadsby's Catechism for the summation of my doctrinal beliefs; I do not maintain filiation and spiration. I emphatically hold to all Five Solas also the Scriptural Law of Worship.

Gmchristianbooks.com
Old 03-22-2018, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I am as oneness as you and I invoke the name of Jesus when I baptize thus...."Upon your profession of faith and by the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ, I now baptize you."
Junior?

LOL

I challenge you to prove the truth of your nonsensical position and I call you out for spreading lies. I stop short of calling you a liar. You call me Junior. Now I see how you are. You resort to sarcasm and insult when you are challenged-- meaning that you have been backed into a corner and like a rabid coon you are foaming, scratching and biting.

If you don't want to believe the Bible then fine. Just know that whenever I see you telling lies I am going to call you out on them. People need to know that OBEDIENCE to scriptures matter. People need to know that the Bible PATTERN matters. People need to know that WATER BAPTISM IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST matters.

Your statements otherwise will be met with correction whenever I see them.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Junior?

LOL

I challenge you to prove the truth of your nonsensical position and I call you out for spreading lies. I stop short of calling you a liar. You call me Junior. Now I see how you are. You resort to sarcasm and insult when you are challenged-- meaning that you have been backed into a corner and like a rabid coon you are foaming, scratching and biting.

Brother, you are the one slinging at an imagined enemy, not me. Please look in the mirror.

If you don't want to believe the Bible then fine.

What is it you think I'm not believing? I affirm that baptism is to be carried out in the name of Jesus Christ, and it is connected to the remission of sins.

Just know that whenever I see you telling lies I am going to call you out on them.

Again, where is my "lie"?

People need to know that OBEDIENCE to scriptures matter. People need to know that the Bible PATTERN matters. People need to know that WATER BAPTISM IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST matters.

Amen to all. But what actually constitutes doing something in the name of Jesus? Today I felt led to give someone 10 dollars. Did i carry out that act in the name of Jesus in your opinion?

Your statements otherwise will be met with correction whenever I see them.

You obviously are correcting a phantom.

Last edited by Originalist; 03-22-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originalist and Buckeye --

You can be passionate in your beliefs, but I ask you what baptism has to do with we Trinitarians being saved or lost insofar as Trinitarianism is concerned. The question was not about baptism but Trinitarianism.
Which version of the trinity are you speaking of? There are so many. Which one is correct?