Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2009, 06:47 AM
Registered Member

Unhappy Help i am frustrated!

Hi, I am new to this forum but pentecostalguy once asked prayer for me on this forum. The prayer was for my parents to allow me to be baptized. I have been going to a UPCI church for 5 years. I was filled with the Holy Ghost with the evidence of Speaking in tongues 4 years ago. During this entire 5 years I have desired to be baptized but my parents have refused to allow me to be baptized. I have been praying for the past 5 years for them to change their minds about baptism. My parents hate the fact that attend church and I try my best to serve the Lord. My mother was raised in the UPCI but is very much against its teaching and denounces the practice of baptism altogether. I have began to feel discouraged by both my situation with my parents and my church. Many of the members have began to tell me that if I really loved the Lord I would find a away to get baptized no matter what. Some have even began to make feel so unworthy and unwelcome in the church that I have faithfully gone to for so long. I don't know if I should leave this church and go to another Apostolic church because they have really made me feel like God doesn't love me because i have yet to be baptized. I tell them its not by choice but they refuse to try to understand. I am so frustrated with the situation. I have come to doubt the call of God in my life. I don't understand why God would reveal something to me that is not possible right now because of my parents refusal. Any advice would be helpful.