Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 06-06-2018, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Re: WPF-what now

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I have a DVD of Bishop Tenney and Douglas Klinesdinst preaching Acts 2:38 on Pentecost Sunday from several years ago. In his message at the going home celebration of Bishop Tenney, Mangun ended exhorting Tommy and the entire Tenney family to remember and follow the doctrine their father told them. He quoted Deuteronomy 6:4 and Acts 2:38 in front of Tommy and Jeannie. And you want me to believe he's a compromiser and tries to "blend in." Please.

Who's compromising or blending in? You haven't a clue what you're talking about. Give me an example in which Mangun, Bishop Tenney or any other oneness minister has compromised or blended in.

Church growth? Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Maxwell didn't teach a church growth seminar. He was at POA to teach a leadership seminar. There's a difference. Also, I was there at BOTT following Maxwell's seminar. Maxwell stayed for the first night and heard Bro. Urshan and Mangun preach. Neither of whom compromised or tried blending in.

Of course I don't endorse the sinner's prayer as salvation. That doesn't mean Bishop Tenney or Mangun should shun him.

Stop hiding your light.

Give me one example you have of Mangun or Bishop Tenney compromising or trying to blend in.
I didn't say nothing about TFT. I quoted Elder Westberg ill upload that one next. But putting Bill Clinton on your platform is questionable. Which everytime he comes to town he let's him speak. My Pastor wouldn't let him, Donald Trump or anyone who didnt have the Holy Ghost for that matter on the platform.

By teaming up with them as ministry partners, makes them equals. That should say enough, what does that say? Is that not a serious compromise, if what they are preaching is false?

And how has all of this been working so far? Its done nothing but ruin the UPCI, which was once the greatest oneness organization. Church growth and numbers has nothing to do with progress.

I see nothing wrong with loving them, sharing the gospel with them or anything of that sort. But when you have them preach on your platforms, conferences, go on tv shows with them, and partner with them in ministry and endorsement you are wrong. I don't care what its in the name of!

And when im saying blending in with them i mean fellowshipping them as brothers and sisters. Being close to them as we all believe in the same God but believe in different ways. All that's hogwash, and if you don't believe there is but one way to God then you wont understand. But partnering up with people in ministry who teach salvation through the sinners prayer and Romans 10:13 and profess to know the truth, makes them look questionable.

This has nothing to do with anything besides that for me. It says a whole lot to me.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 06-06-2018 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I didn't say nothing about TFT. I quoted Elder Westberg ill upload that one next. But putting Bill Clinton on your platform is questionable. Which everytime he comes to town he let's him speak. My Pastor wouldn't let him, Donald Trump or anyone who didnt have the Holy Ghost for that matter on the platform.
They are not there to minister or function in any capacity as a minister. There is nothing wrong with allowing a President, present or past, address the congregation.

Quote:
By teaming up with them as ministry partners, makes them equals. That should say enough, what does that say? Is that not a serious compromise, if what they are preaching is false?
Who's teamed up with whom as "ministry partners." You're making all kinds of ridiculous accusations and haven't given one example or any proof.

Quote:
And how has all of this been working so far? Its done nothing but ruin the UPCI, which was once the greatest oneness organization. Church growth and numbers has nothing to do with progress.
Are you UPCI?

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with loving them, sharing the gospel with them or anything of that sort.
I believe you do. You've shown nothing but contempt to the ministers who have done what you described above. "Loving them?" How is that possible or done in a way you approve? I'd argue that Bishop Tenney and the Mangun's have done exactly what you described and have not compromised one bit.

Quote:
But when you have them preach on your platforms, conferences, go on tv shows with them, and partner with them in ministry and endorsement you are wrong. I don't care what its in the name of!
1) Give an example of one trinitarian who preached on POA's platform or at any UPCI or BOTT conference.

2) What's wrong with going on tv to propagate the gospel?

3) Give an example of any UPCI minister "partnering" with a trinitarian and endorsing their doctrine.

I'm sure you must have examples of this, so please post them.

Quote:
And when im saying blending in with them i mean fellowshipping them as brothers and sisters.
Example, please. "As brothers and sisters." Who has done this?

Quote:
Being close to them as we all believe in the same God but believe in different ways.
Again, I'd like an example of who has said "we all believe in the same God but different ways."
Old 06-06-2018, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
They are not there to minister or function in any capacity as a minister. There is nothing wrong with allowing a President, present or past, address the congregation.

Who's teamed up with whom as "ministry partners." You're making all kinds of ridiculous accusations and haven't given one example or any proof.

Are you UPCI?

I believe you do. You've shown nothing but contempt to the ministers who have done what you described above. "Loving them?" How is that possible or done in a way you approve? I'd argue that Bishop Tenney and the Mangun's have done exactly what you described and have not compromised one bit.

1) Give an example of one trinitarian who preached on POA's platform or at any UPCI or BOTT conference.

2) What's wrong with going on tv to propagate the gospel?

3) Give an example of any UPCI minister "partnering" with a trinitarian and endorsing their doctrine.

I'm sure you must have examples of this, so please post them.

Example, please. "As brothers and sisters." Who has done this?

Again, I'd like an example of who has said "we all believe in the same God but different ways."
These are the things being related, by the actions. Time will tell.

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-06-2018, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
So you don't have any examples, just baseless accusations?

There's a biblical word for what you're doing...
Old 06-06-2018, 06:02 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:

What does that even mean?

By your standards Aquila and Priscilla would have turned up their nose at Apollo's and just armchair quarterbacked his preaching in the temple.

I believe TF Tenney was fond of saying that some people believed that if it wasn't coming out of their pipe that it wasn't smoke.
Old 06-06-2018, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
So you don't have any examples, just baseless accusations?

There's a biblical word for what you're doing...
There's also a biblical word for what your doing. I dont have any baseless accusations, what im talking about is clearly seen. I could name off a bunch of ways there is clear compromise going on. But that's not needed because time will reveal all things.

Its crazy how people who know the truth, have this deep admiration and look up to the lost. There's a difference in between having a burden for the lost, and laboring with them. With that im going to leave it at that, because I know you are going to twist anything I say. (I know how you do things, when you take it personal. This ain't my first rodeo!)

My only question is what has all this accomplished they've been doing?

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-06-2018, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
What does that even mean?

By your standards Aquila and Priscilla would have turned up their nose at Apollo's and just armchair quarterbacked his preaching in the temple.

I believe TF Tenney was fond of saying that some people believed that if it wasn't coming out of their pipe that it wasn't smoke.
I never said anything about having a burden for the lost, this has nothing to do with what im talking about.

And the only smoke that we can see is coming from the village burning down!

Y'all always twist everything around to mean something that wasn't intended. I'm talking purely about co laboring and going on tv shows with people in false doctrine. That shows other lost people that you agree, and makes them believe its all the same. Regardless of what's intended. If people aren't being conerted then its not accomplishing anything so why you doing it? What good has it accomplished answer that.

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 06-07-2018, 08:57 AM
Administrator

I don't have the energy or desire to engage anymore but it is interesting to sit back and read the discussion going on. Reminds me that there is indeed nothing new under the sun as the same positions have been stated and rehashed for over a decade now on AFF and for much longer elsewhere. Doesn't mean it shouldn't still be happening as fresh discussions are always important but just noting that fact.

1ofthechosen reminds me pretty much in every post what I do not like about old time Pentecost and why I am so thankful to be out of it. Appreciate my heritage and the many good people who love God that are still in it but oh dear heavens could never go back.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 06-07-2018, 09:06 AM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I don't have the energy or desire to engage anymore but it is interesting to sit back and read the discussion going on. Reminds me that there is indeed nothing new under the sun as the same positions have been stated and rehashed for over a decade now on AFF and for much longer elsewhere. Doesn't mean it shouldn't still be happening as fresh discussions are always important but just noting that fact.

1ofthechosen reminds me pretty much in every post what I do not like about old time Pentecost and why I am so thankful to be out of it. Appreciate my heritage and the many good people who love God that are still in it but oh dear heavens could never go back.

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
There's also a biblical word for what your doing. I dont have any baseless accusations, what im talking about is clearly seen. I could name off a bunch of ways there is clear compromise going on. But that's not needed because time will reveal all things.
Bearing false witness, railing, etc.

You could name off a "bunch?" Man, I'm only asking for ONE and you've failed to do even that. You're like the dime-store prophet, claiming some specific prophetic word, but telling everyone "time will reveal it..."

Quote:
Its crazy how people who know the truth, have this deep admiration and look up to the lost. There's a difference in between having a burden for the lost, and laboring with them.
They aren't "laboring with them."

Quote:
With that im going to leave it at that, because I know you are going to twist anything I say. (I know how you do things, when you take it personal. This ain't my first rodeo!)
I haven't twisted a word you've said. You've been disparaging and posting contemptible accusations against Bishop Tenney and Anthony Mangun and when told to provide some sort of evidence, you can't.

How I do things is when an accusation is made, I want evidence. Period. End of story. If you don't have evidence, then you need to shut your mouth and not libel against these good men of God.

I see how you do things. You make baseless accusations, don't provide any evidence and ignore questions asked of you. One example: you say it's okay to love them. Great. So how could someone love them in a way which you would approve?

Quote:
My only question is what has all this accomplished they've been doing?
"Time will reveal all things..." Do you know every single person who has watched the tv broadcast Mangun was on? Do you know everyone in the congregation at Free Chapel when Bishop Tenney preached there? If one person was saved, it was well worth it.