Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 04-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Yes the second link is a Nashville,church.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

You know there are some Hutchinsons who Pastor in Fairview,TN. I just wonder could I be related to them?
They pastor a church called Emmanuel Prince Of Peace church.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
That church is just five miles from my home and I have visited there. They are packed out at about 300 folks and need to build again even though the present building is not but just a few years old.

Back at NFCF we had a member who goes to this church but I don't know if she is here or not.
Great church pastored by one of my best friends. Man is a true leader and empowerer of people.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
Great church pastored by one of my best friends. Man is a true leader and empowerer of people.
I remember you giving a great endorsement to him when we were talking one day.

I will go visit there again when they have some special events. I had asked the church member there that was on NFCF to let me know when they were having anything and the two times she let me know I was going to be out of town both times.

My wife and I decided that if next Easter Christ Church does not add another service to accomodate the bazillion people that show up and have to go to overflow rooms (which also filled up) we are going to visit another church on Easter. I would go to this one but getting Mrs. CC1 to visit a UPC church is like getting the Pope to shockamoo.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I remember you giving a great endorsement to him when we were talking one day.

I will go visit there again when they have some special events. I had asked the church member there that was on NFCF to let me know when they were having anything and the two times she let me know I was going to be out of town both times.

My wife and I decided that if next Easter Christ Church does not add another service to accomodate the bazillion people that show up and have to go to overflow rooms (which also filled up) we are going to visit another church on Easter. I would go to this one but getting Mrs. CC1 to visit a UPC church is like getting the Pope to shockamoo.
LOL! I reckon I can understand that. I do imagine she may be rather surprised at the reception she would receive. While they definitley hold the doctrine, I have found them to be some of the warmest and kindest folks in Pentecost.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
There is a family member of someone that I know that is gay and he has started attending this church. I had just heard last week that it is "gay-confirming" and it just made me sick to my stomach. Donny preached for us several years ago and did a really good job. But I had heard that Reba had recently preached at an openly gay conference, so I'm not surprised by this too much.
Right. I rarely have strong feelings like this story involks in me, but I guess in my mind they are now servants of satan.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 04-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Anyone besides me notice that they started this church a few years ago? Also, I never saw a direct reference to it being a gay church at all. Did I miss something?
Old 04-25-2007, 09:53 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
Anyone besides me notice that they started this church a few years ago? Also, I never saw a direct reference to it being a gay church at all. Did I miss something?
I looked for it... but assumed with Sherri's knowledge of a gay person being accepted there it must be true.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 04-25-2007, 09:59 PM
The LORD will fight for you

I had a co-worker who attended this church where Reba sang at a few times. It's a gay church in Houston. Here's the link.

http://www.communitygospel.org/music/specialmusic.html

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
I looked for it... but assumed with Sherri's knowledge of a gay person being accepted there it must be true.
Just received a PM that was quite interesting and left me no doubt.