Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-10-2018, 06:13 PM
Registered Member

Pope to change Lord's Prayer..

What you think?

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39222...lead-paul-bois

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 12-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Not riding the train

Re: Pope to change Lord's Prayer..

They should teach the passage and not change it, IMO.

Quote:
Vincent's Word Studies

Lead (εἰσενέγκῃς)

Rev. gives "bring us not," which, besides being a more accurate rendering of the word (εἰς, into, φέρω, to bear or bring), avoids the invidious hint of seducing or enticing which attaches to lead. James tells us that God does not tempt any man (James 1:13); but the circumstances of a man's life often, indeed always, involve possibilities of temptation. A caution is written even over the door of God's own house (Ecclesiastes 5:1). God also sends trials to prove and chasten us; but something may change the salutary power of trial into the corrupting power of evil solicitation; and that something, as James tells us (James 1:14), is our own evil desire. God tempteth no man; but "every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his own lust and enticed." We pray, therefore, "suffer us not to be drawn away by our own lusts: keep us out of the power of our own evil hearts. Thou knowest our frame, and rememberest that we are dust. Remember our weakness. What thou imposest we would not shun. What thou dost not impose, keep us from seeking. Forbid that our evil desire should convert our temptable condition into actual temptation. Keep us out of situations in which, so far as we can judge, it would be beyond our present strength to keep from sinning." It is not a coward's prayer. No man is a coward for being afraid of his own heart. It marks the highest quality of courage to know what to be afraid of and to fear it. To pray that God will not bring us within the possibility of temptation, would be to ignore our manhood, or to pray to be taken out of the world. But we may pray, and will surely pray, the more keenly conscious we become of the weakness of our nature, that God will not suffer the trials of life to become temptations to evil.
https://biblehub.com/commentaries/luke/11-4.htm
Old 12-12-2018, 02:27 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
pope is an antichrist so it cant be a good idea.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

They don't use the actual prayer to begin with. So this change is irrelevant.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-12-2018, 06:06 PM
Registered Member

I agree I think some wrong translation of words which is not theologically sound in the Lord's prayer are definitely the least of their worries. I don't know how this becomes of utter importance to change when there are so many things else that should take priority over this one. Just thought it was interesting. Ridiculous in the scheme of things, but interesting. And P.O. your correct they need to teach the passage not change a recitation of words that is no more than a ritual to them anyway. And I absolutely believe he is a Antichrist also.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 12-13-2018, 06:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I agree I think some wrong translation of words which is not theologically sound in the Lord's prayer are definitely the least of their worries. I don't know how this becomes of utter importance to change when there are so many things else that should take priority over this one. Just thought it was interesting. Ridiculous in the scheme of things, but interesting. And P.O. your correct they need to teach the passage not change a recitation of words that is no more than a ritual to them anyway. And I absolutely believe he is a Antichrist also.
They could start by being born again and teaching their folks not to molest.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:48 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
They could start by being born again and teaching their folks not to molest.
Or to steal money to gamble. Naughty nuns!!
Old 12-13-2018, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

The pope can do and say what he wants. Doesn't affect me. Shouldn't affect any A/P's
Old 12-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Registered Member

The Lord does lead his children, and the path we travel is going to be crossed by temptations. I have never thought that God was tempting me because of that line in the Lord's Prayer. Jesus was led to Gethsemane where he prayed not my will but thine. Seemingly, there was a temptation for him to abandon the road ahead, although, Jesus never hesitated from His set coarse.

This should be a red flag to Catholics, if each generation of pope's can change Holy Writ.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.