Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Cry Room
Facebook

Notices

The Cry Room Where disruptive users are sent for a TIME OUT!

Old 02-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Re: Do you think

I watched a couple of kids many years ago, as a favor to my mom's coworker. The older child was completely out of control. He shot a marble at me with a slingshot, and hit me in the ear. It just grazed me and didn't cause much pain, but he shot it hard enough, that had it been a couple of inches over, I would have lost my eye.

I severely disciplined him, without using corporal punishment, of course. When his mom got home and I told her what had happened, and what I did about it, she just played it off like it wasn't that big of a deal, and that I had been too hard on him.

Mind you she was a bit drunk. Needless to say I never watched those kids again.

You can't be a parent to someone else's kids, when the parents who parent them are doing their jobs. But you can take a stand for yourself and what is right. Do the right thing, and if this person decides you aren't the right person to watch her kids, then so be it.

Someone else will appreciate your efforts.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 02-03-2016, 04:22 AM
Registered Member

Re: Do you think

I had to tell the kids mom I couldn't watch them yesterday because I had watch them everyday for the past 8 days and she wants me to watch her kids free of charge when she ain't going to work.