Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-27-2020, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Re: I ask you to accept me

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Ohh, tell me the story
Yes please tell us... sounds interesting.
Old 01-27-2020, 10:48 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Yes please tell us... sounds interesting.
I know, right?

Sent from Nuevo Progresso, TAMPS
Mexico
Old 01-28-2020, 06:20 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
In a certain way, I am not at all surprised if people in the church are drawn to paganism, even in the Apostolic world, since so many are already embracing elements of paganism to begin with. It's not that far of a cry, once you think about it.

- Various (un)holy days
- Priestesses leading men
- Weird spiritual practices with no basis in Holy Scripture
- High emotionalism and individualism (i.e. Romanticism)
- Etc.
This is interesting. Therefore embracing these pagan practices cause the whole church to go into witchcraft?
Old 01-28-2020, 06:21 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
vs - I would say that my experience has been that those not involved in any "church" are more drawn to paganism.
I would also say that as a child, I was spoken to by the "old gods", which I would now say were demons.
And they sought me out, not a matter of me going looking.
What happened?
Old 01-28-2020, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
This is interesting. Therefore embracing these pagan practices cause the whole church to go into witchcraft?
There are some very interesting parallels between the case made against Jezebel by the Lord Jesus in Revelation 2 and various activities undertaken by pagan priestesses, particularly acts of seduction and fornication among the leading priests (ministers?).

Will a whole church go? Maybe, maybe not. In Thyatira, there were some who did not pollute themselves.

In terms of witchcraft, generally speaking, witchcraft is simply true spirituality perverted as a form of spiritism, and some, maybe many, maybe most? can't seem to tell the difference.

This ties into the emotionalism of neo-pagan Romanticism. Many believe being overly emotional and following the emotional displays made by some women in the church is the secret to true spirituality, and when that happens, it certainly has a tendency to veer off into witchcraft, which the Scriptures define as altered states of reality designed to give someone a spiritual experience. Lots of people in the church are having exactly that, even though such experiences are not always holy spiritual.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-28-2020, 10:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
There are some very interesting parallels between the case made against Jezebel by the Lord Jesus in Revelation 2 and various activities undertaken by pagan priestesses, particularly acts of seduction and fornication among the leading priests (ministers?).

Will a whole church go? Maybe, maybe not. In Thyatira, there were some who did not pollute themselves.

In terms of witchcraft, generally speaking, witchcraft is simply true spirituality perverted as a form of spiritism, and some, maybe many, maybe most? can't seem to tell the difference.

This ties into the emotionalism of neo-pagan Romanticism. Many believe being overly emotional and following the emotional displays made by some women in the church is the secret to true spirituality, and when that happens, it certainly has a tendency to veer off into witchcraft, which the Scriptures define as altered states of reality designed to give someone a spiritual experience. Lots of people in the church are having exactly that, even though such experiences are not always holy spiritual.
Then there are the kabbalists in our midst, who use mystical interpretations of the Torah based in an allegedly feminine aspect of the divine.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 01-29-2020, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Who do you feel started the church in Thyatira?
Old 01-29-2020, 07:44 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Who do you feel started the church in Thyatira?
A woman.
Old 01-29-2020, 08:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What happened?
They continued to talk to me up until I was 11, when I received the Holy Ghost.
It was not oppressive or evil spirits (at least it seemed to me), just more of wanting me to acknowledge them and pray to them.
This usually occurred after we had attended some Indian (Native American) gathering or festival.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
They continued to talk to me up until I was 11, when I received the Holy Ghost.
It was not oppressive or evil spirits (at least it seemed to me), just more of wanting me to acknowledge them and pray to them.
This usually occurred after we had attended some Indian (Native American) gathering or festival.
Interesting. Are you Native American?