Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-13-2007, 04:33 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Born Gay? Or God's Call?

One of Satan's most dangerous lies you'll ever have to deal with is that the homosexual is "born gay, it's in his/her genes." The purpose of this lie is to instill hopelessness! But I am here to tell you that if you are gay, it it NOT in your genes! And if I were to tell you that it is, I would be telling you that you are a hopeless case. If you were to be born gay, and it is part of your biology, change would be impossible. For example, I was born with hazel eyes. Today, over forty years later I still have hazel eyes. There were many times in my youth when I yearned to have blue eyes, but the mirror always failed me. When I was born, my genes said I would be five-foot-ten, and sure enough----it happened just that way, even though there were times I felt awfully tall and gangly!

This "born gay" lie has been repeated so many times that it appears to be scientific. It appears to be reasonable. If you are looking for an excuse to continue in your sin, it is an easy lie to believe. You don't feel so guilty. And if you help spread the lie, others won't think you're so guilty, either.

But if you are looking for an escape from this behavior. it is good news to learn that homosexuality is sin, not genetic. Because that means you can change, you are not stuck in this mode! We are stuck with our genes----but not with our sins. Hallelujah!

It's so simple; please try to see it. Repent, turn and walk away from it. Go the other way. I did no say it is easy. Nothing good is ever really easy. I said it was simple. Only Satan and his public relations department have complicated it and muddied the waters. There is great hope to be found in a gracious God.

But, for the sake of argument, just say----even if that were true----even if you were "born gay"----you need to remember this: celibacy is a gift. For His own reasons, God calls some people to celibacy. I believe this is a very special, precious call, because even our Lord Jesus chose that life for Himself while on earth. We each have a different call and a different path to walk with God. We have some awesome men and women of God today who are single, and are doing a tremendous work for the Lord. I know men and women evangelists who would enjoy it so much if the Lord sent them a spouse----but since He has not, they have devoted their lives and service to the Kingdom of God. Look at the apostle Paul. "But I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that" (I Corinthians 7:7).

Have you ever considered that perhaps God is calling you or your loved one----not into homosexuality----but to a deeper kind of consecration, set apart unto Him? But that call could be interpreted, on a subconscious level, as an aversion to the opposite sex, thus homosexuality? Does what I'm saying make sense?

Satan says otherwise: he would try to convince you that you just can't help it: it is all beyond you, and that you're so weak and frail you simply must indulge in this lifestyle. But stop and think about it: I could be writing these same words to the college co-ed seeking an opposite-sex mate, because you see, it makes no difference----we can live a pure and celibate life----with God's help. Paul tells us,"...he that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord" (I Corinthians 7:32). The point is, no one has to have a sexual life! Heterosexual or homosexual. Sex is a gift to a man and woman who have joined in holy matrimony. Any other use of it----homosexual or heterosexual----is sin, and is not the will of God. Sex is a powerful drive, but not one that has to be served at all costs.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 05-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Saved & Shaved

dude!!
Old 05-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Saved & Shaved

I'd love to have a wife and children someday.. .

I told my mother "..if I can't figure this out [soon] I'm going to just be alone..." (celebate)
Old 05-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Administrator

chosenbyone,

It is good to see you articulate a clear stand regarding homosexuality. I am also glad you are putting your trust in God for your future, both earthly and eternal.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
I'd love to have a wife and children someday.. .

I told my mother "..if I can't figure this out [soon] I'm going to just be alone..." (celebate)
Berk,

Have you denounce homosexuality as sin and are you prepared to put your trust and hope in the Lord for your future? I'm a bit puzzled by some of your statements, which could be interpreted as double-minded? You know what the word says about a double-minded man?

I'm praying for you, Berk. I was wondering if you had a chance to read my post on your thread today? God has a plan for you and I pray that you would find His perfect will for your life.

Blessings to you...

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 05-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
Berk,

Have you denounce homosexuality as sin and are you prepared to put your trust and hope in the Lord for your future? I'm a bit puzzled by some of your statements, which could be interpreted as double-minded? You know what the word says about a double-minded man?

I'm praying for you, Berk. I was wondering if you had a chance to read my post on your thread today? God has a plan for you and I pray that you would find His perfect will for your life.

Blessings to you...
sorry.. that's what I told mom when I "outed" to her. I prolly shoulda said that, huh?

I have denounced it... I have asked for forgiveness.. I have been forgiven... I was refilled with the Holy Ghost... I'm complely through with it! Amen!

I read your post. Thank you. I'll respond to it soon.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
chosenbyone,

It is good to see you articulate a clear stand regarding homosexuality. I am also glad you are putting your trust in God for your future, both earthly and eternal.
CC1,

Thank you for writing what you did above. Not too long ago, I withdrew from the world and everyone in it: determined to live my last days in isolation and shame.

My life since has been filled with an abundance of God's love and grace that I would like to share with as many people as He would allow.

AFF was a very big part of my journey out of shame and back into the light of God's creation.

chosen

Old 05-13-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
sorry.. that's what I told mom when I "outed" to her. I prolly shoulda said that, huh?

I have denounced it... I have asked for forgiveness.. I have been forgiven... I was refilled with the Holy Ghost... I'm complely through with it! Amen!

I read your post. Thank you. I'll respond to it soon.
Berk ... once again I'm so happy for you ... our God is an awesome God!!!!!!!

Our sins ... have been cast into the sea of forgetfulness.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Berk ... once again I'm so happy for you ... our God is an awesome God!!!!!!!

Our sins ... have been cast into the sea of forgetfulness.
Amen!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
CC1,

Thank you for writing what you did above. Not too long ago, I withdrew from the world and everyone in it: determined to live my last days in isolation and shame.

My life since has been filled with an abundance of God's love and grace that I would like to share with as many people as He would allow.

AFF was a very big part of my journey out of shame and back into the light of God's creation.

chosen
Dan Scott really talked about in a sermon two important things I found interesting.

First he put forth the thought that while therpists and counselors are good at helping people come face to face with their issues only God can change the person.

Secondly he talked about how there comes a point in counseling when a person has to face the reality they don't want to face about themselves. Also the same situation with preachers and people that get revealed to be in gross sexual sins. He said that it is right after that horrible, miserable moment when all of their failures are brought to light that they actually feel the freeest. It is the first time in a long time they are no longer living a lie and trying to hide things. As painful as it is and embarressing as it is it gives them a point to have a new start from with all of their foibles and weaknesses exposed.