Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-13-2007, 06:31 PM
First Lady

Alright folks, I' home, I think anyways.

The service went well this morning. I could not get direction this morning with one main thought, so......I winged it!!! No notes, except what RRFORD gave me last night.

I was extremely busy before church trying to get all my gifts and stuff set up, and all that, then my organist on Sunday Morning was late, so I had to come running down the aisle while my musicians were praying and said "In Jesus Name" and jumped on the organ and played "Blessed Assurance" one of my favorite songs to sing, but NOT TO PLAY!!!! Then I got the pulpit and spoke on"The Greatest Gift" 1 Samuel 1 whole chapter, it went pretty good, At first I felt like I was wandering all over the place, but finally settled into the groove and was able to go from there.

We had a man who is a Seven Day Adventist come today. His granddaughter was graduating and he came because I asked him to. His Daughter-in-law said to me after church, "Well, you just got a MAJOR compliment....Dad said that that was the best Mother's Day service he had ever been to." soooo

I think it went pretty ok. I know one thing for sure.....I DON'T EVER WANT TO BE A PASTOR!!!!!!!!!!

Kansas Preacher, I take back my request for an application for licensing... I don't want one.....EVER!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2007, 06:32 PM
First Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
The real giveaway will be if we get that smile we've been waiting for!!
Hey, I posted a picture of him smiling the other day......Where were you??
Old 05-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Saved & Shaved

Sis. Carroll,

Did you wave your hankie... pace around the platform.. pound the pulpit... and talk like "thisss-Ahhh.. glooorayyyy!!"
Old 05-13-2007, 06:43 PM
First Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
Sis. Carroll,

Did you wave your hankie... pace around the platform.. pound the pulpit... and talk like "thisss-Ahhh.. glooorayyyy!!"
No, Berk, I don't even have a hankie. (I need one like Sis. Ensey) and as for the ahhhh, gloryyyyyahhhhh.......

Nope didn't happen. I don't have that much anointing.
Old 05-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoonskinner View Post
No, Berk, I don't even have a hankie. (I need one like Sis. Ensey) and as for the ahhhh, gloryyyyyahhhhh.......

Nope didn't happen. I don't have that much anointing.
lol
Old 05-13-2007, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Alright folks, I' home, I think anyways.

The service went well this morning. I could not get direction this morning with one main thought, so......I winged it!!! No notes, except what RRFORD gave me last night.

I was extremely busy before church trying to get all my gifts and stuff set up, and all that, then my organist on Sunday Morning was late, so I had to come running down the aisle while my musicians were praying and said "In Jesus Name" and jumped on the organ and played "Blessed Assurance" one of my favorite songs to sing, but NOT TO PLAY!!!! Then I got the pulpit and spoke on"The Greatest Gift" 1 Samuel 1 whole chapter, it went pretty good, At first I felt like I was wandering all over the place, but finally settled into the groove and was able to go from there.

We had a man who is a Seven Day Adventist come today. His granddaughter was graduating and he came because I asked him to. His Daughter-in-law said to me after church, "Well, you just got a MAJOR compliment....Dad said that that was the best Mother's Day service he had ever been to." soooo

I think it went pretty ok. I know one thing for sure.....I DON'T EVER WANT TO BE A PASTOR!!!!!!!!!!

Kansas Preacher, I take back my request for an application for licensing... I don't want one.....EVER!!!!!!!

LCS,

Good to hear things went well. Could be time to buy that big tent and hit the road with the "Lady Coonskinner Crusades". You could let CS take up the offerings. LOL!!
Old 05-13-2007, 08:05 PM
First Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
LCS,

Good to hear things went well. Could be time to buy that big tent and hit the road with the "Lady Coonskinner Crusades". You could let CS take up the offerings. LOL!!
No way!!! I raise much more money than he does.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
No way!!! I raise much more money than he does.
Cause folks know... If mamma ain't happy....

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Cause folks know... If mamma ain't happy....

Old 05-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Sister Alvear

I knew you could do it!..