Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 03-30-2008, 07:51 PM
the ultracon

Re: Why not join the AMF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
Bro Spell is not a Typical AMF church. Most likely Groce is, if he hasn't changed since last I knew him. Wilhoites were great people from my memory but have not seen or heard about them in so many years I would not know myself. Spell is very much on the liberal side for AMF. Now by everyone else he would be UC.
I love the Spell's. Elder Spell and his wife have always been very sweet people. I am not sure about the grandson, Anthony, who now helps there.
In 1970 came into an AMF church in Pensacola Florida. to my knowledge they would not think ANY of us could possibly be saved.

Because if you are are here you are in the internet. They preach it as a sin worthy of hell.

Golf too...it'll send to the hot place.

For a good solid year that I attended there the wishy washy UPC was bashed from the pulpit and in many conversations in the vestibule.

I would think almost any in the AMF would be considerd ultra conservative.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Sister Alvear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept5SavedTeen View Post
Thanks for your post Sis. Alvear, there was a lot of wisdom in what you said.

What's Mylar and why should someone take it if they join the AMF?

Yes, the Willhoites I mentioned are from Maine.

Does anyone know if Bro. Smith from Brewer, ME joined the WPF? I know he went to Apostolic Summit. Also, would anyone know when Heritage Conference in Brewer is going to be held? I'm really looking forward to that conference and seeing the McKillops again, and perhaps the Willhoites will be there too.

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex

I preached the Wilhotes conference once and another time my husband and I preached it together...they are kind to women preachers.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 03-30-2008, 08:14 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephConroy View Post
Now sister Alvear if YOU dont speak up I'm gonna have to! Before anyone joins the AMF I advise them to invest in some Mylar, Lots and LOTS of Mylar!

JC

My MIL got a kick out of that!

I however had to have her explain it to me, after she was finished laughing!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

While I was still in the AMF my sister married and moved to the deep south and attended another AMF church. The pastor is or was, I believe he is now deceased, related to someone formerly mentioned. I would go visit my big sis every summer. Well every summer I got preached at. Now mind you I attended an AMF church in the north.
I wore my hair parted down the middle and the preacher would get up and say that only UPF fag's wore their hair parted in the middle. I was out to the store one day and had on a pair of pants that had elastic waists instead of belt loops and the next service he preached on the UPC fag's that wear these gay elastic waisted pants. Can't even be real men and wear a belt. This would go on ever summer from the time I was 13 till I was 16. Thankfully my sis and BIL started going to one of those faggy UPC churches and when I would go visit I did not have to hear that stuff anymore. I was finally free to worship God in service and not worry about what I did or said.

I did get a dig in though the last year I was there. Bad of me I know bet it FELT GREAT. One of the ladies in the church who knew this stuff was crazy just like my sis and bil had two daughters that were older than me and they were the craziest, funniest, absolutely antagonizing girls ever. Well they had those BIG ol lace Vestal Goodman handkerchiefs. I asked to borrow one. I had been preached at the service before for wearing a hanky in the breast pocket of my jacket. So this service i took this WHITE FRILLY AND LACY AND BIG hanky and stuck it into the breast pocket of my navy blue suit and I walked to the front and sat right on the front row with my legs crossed like a lady. I would purposefully antagonize him that night to no end. Everything he would say that was aimed at me which was about 99% of the message I would clap my hands and agree with him. He gave the dirtiest looks and EVERYONE was trying very hard to not laugh. After my family left that church along with almost all the faithful he released them from the chains that bound them. If they came to church and paid their tithes they could do anything they wanted and still be saved.

Save the chastisment of me I was only a teen and I was lashing out the only way I knew how at something that was wrong. I was not right either but you know sometimes enough is enough.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
While I was still in the AMF my sister married and moved to the deep south and attended another AMF church. The pastor is or was, I believe he is now deceased, related to someone formerly mentioned. I would go visit my big sis every summer. Well every summer I got preached at. Now mind you I attended an AMF church in the north.
I wore my hair parted down the middle and the preacher would get up and say that only UPF fag's wore their hair parted in the middle. I was out to the store one day and had on a pair of pants that had elastic waists instead of belt loops and the next service he preached on the UPC fag's that wear these gay elastic waisted pants. Can't even be real men and wear a belt. This would go on ever summer from the time I was 13 till I was 16. Thankfully my sis and BIL started going to one of those faggy UPC churches and when I would go visit I did not have to hear that stuff anymore. I was finally free to worship God in service and not worry about what I did or said.

I did get a dig in though the last year I was there. Bad of me I know bet it FELT GREAT. One of the ladies in the church who knew this stuff was crazy just like my sis and bil had two daughters that were older than me and they were the craziest, funniest, absolutely antagonizing girls ever. Well they had those BIG ol lace Vestal Goodman handkerchiefs. I asked to borrow one. I had been preached at the service before for wearing a hanky in the breast pocket of my jacket. So this service i took this WHITE FRILLY AND LACY AND BIG hanky and stuck it into the breast pocket of my navy blue suit and I walked to the front and sat right on the front row with my legs crossed like a lady. I would purposefully antagonize him that night to no end. Everything he would say that was aimed at me which was about 99% of the message I would clap my hands and agree with him. He gave the dirtiest looks and EVERYONE was trying very hard to not laugh. After my family left that church along with almost all the faithful he released them from the chains that bound them. If they came to church and paid their tithes they could do anything they wanted and still be saved.

Save the chastisment of me I was only a teen and I was lashing out the only way I knew how at something that was wrong. I was not right either but you know sometimes enough is enough.
Wow, that's sounds like a really controlling type of church environment... It's hard for me to imagine. I know some conservatives, who I'd consider even more conservative than the AMF, but they are some of the most loving Christians I have ever met. Also, there's an AMF church in Pensacola?! But there's a big UPC church in Pensacola?! Well, that's the nature of orgs I guess, it's like their in competition. I know of a split in Maine, where when the pastor split from the UPC, he sent out satelite churches in the same town well established UPC churches were in. I know hear the UPC is starting churches in towns with WPF pastors... It's really too bad. Could anyone tell me how far up north AMF goes?

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Old 03-30-2008, 08:38 PM
the ultracon

Quote:

I usta hear the same thing preached at a UPC I attened for many years in Illinois. Pants had to have belt loops AND cuffs.

Hair was not to be washed regularly so it would get a little greasy and you could comb it proper.

This was not a backwoods podunk church but had 500 in Sunday school back in the day. The preacher always wore a little black bow tie.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sept5SavedTeen View Post
Wow, that's sounds like a really controlling type of church environment... It's hard for me to imagine. I know some conservatives, who I'd consider even more conservative than the AMF, but they are some of the most loving Christians I have ever met. Also, there's an AMF church in Pensacola?! But there's a big UPC church in Pensacola?! Well, that's the nature of orgs I guess, it's like their in competition. I know of a split in Maine, where when the pastor split from the UPC, he sent out satelite churches in the same town well established UPC churches were in. I know hear the UPC is starting churches in towns with WPF pastors... It's really too bad. Could anyone tell me how far up north AMF goes?

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
ME, Canada, WA, MI, CO ......................
AMF has churches all over.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
I preached the Wilhotes conference once and another time my husband and I preached it together...they are kind to women preachers.
We'd be kind to you and your husband too ... we just couldn't have you preach to a mixed crowd...

Are they "conservative" by AMF standards? Do you know how well their connected to the AMF?

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex
Old 03-30-2008, 08:42 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
They do not have them in Minnesota.... SO THERE

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-30-2008, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
They don't have a website, so it's tough to tell? Do they have any in ME other than the Willhoites? I didn't think they had any in Canada (except the McKillops who are former AMF)... It seemed like a group that went no where north past Ohio or Pennsylvannia.

GOD BLESS!
Bro. Alex