Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 10-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Consider this

this is another simple, but amazing tasting soup:

Garbanzo beans
Water
1 yellow onion
1 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic
1/3 teaspoon Saffron threads
1 bunch of spinach

Saute the onion in olive oil
add the garlic
add the beans and broth
add saffron threads
add the spinach and as much water as you think is good
Old 12-30-2013, 05:19 AM
Covenant Apostolic

A beautiful video celebrating what God did through FPC Palm Bay in 2013.
It's so fulfilling to be part of the body of the living God, to be part of something bigger then myself.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Last edited by Amanah; 12-30-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
A beautiful video celebrating what God did through FPC Palm Bay in 2013.
It's so fulfilling to be part of the body of the living God, to be part of something bigger then myself.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
Impressive!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Covenant Apostolic

If you are super organized, have lots of free time to clean, and your house is immaculate, don’t read any further. For others, I’m going to share how I took my house back from the edge of disaster.

One year after the death of my precious son Jason, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I sunk into black despair; it took all my strength to manage the basics that I needed to survive. There are still many days when I struggle with depression, I’m still climbing. With God’s help and with the help of friends, I am again seeing the beautiful plan that God still has for my life.

One of the things that I needed to conquer in my climb from despair back to life, was my beautiful home. I truly believe that our homes are our ministry to our family, friends, and neighbors. We can bring people home and nurture them, comfort them, feed their bodies and their souls.

Last October, I saw thanksgiving and Christmas on the horizon and decided it was time to begin de-cluttering and cleaning my home so we could truly enjoy it. Tom and I took one room at a time, spending just a few hours each weekend until we took back each room, closet, cabinet, chest of drawers, porches, shed, garage, every inch, and we had fun doing it.

We took our time and enjoyed the journey, found things we had lost, reminisced over old pictures and treasures, and took anything that marred our happiness to the curb. I must confess He was a reluctant partner at the beginning, but he caught the vision and enjoyed the process and much as I did.

We completed that part of the journey and now we need to maintain and preserve our accomplishments. I’ve decided to keep the same pace. I spend a little over an hour/wk cleaning now. This is my plan. I’ve broken my house into 3 zones, doing one zone per week, but doing a great job on each zone.
Z1: porch, kitchen, pantry, dining room
Z2: great room & office
Z3: bedrooms & baths

I never feel overwhelmed by the upkeep of my home by taking things in small chunks. This morning as I was cleaning, I spent that time in prayer for my city, church, and loved ones. I know that God has amazing things in store for us this year, and I am ready for whoever He wants to bring to my door.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:29 AM
On the road less traveled

What an incredible story, Amanah of how the grace of God has kept you, and brought you through such difficult circumstances, and instead of bitterness, you have found the grace of God sufficient. I pray that the Lord continues to bless, and use your heart for His great purpose, and plan in the lives of those who are hurting.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:31 AM

I have been cleaning out things too, and the Lord is showing me that all the earthly possessions I have belong to Him anyway, and that helps to just let things go. I am inspired by what you have done, and will continue to clean out things too with that perspective in mind.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:55 AM
Covenant Apostolic

I love unstructured time . . .

This morning I woke without an alarm clock got my coffee and settled down in a comfortable chair to read my bible and pray, such a sweet spirit of the Lord flooding my soul, tears sliding down my face as I drink in His presence.

grabbed Siegfried's leash and we went for a long meandering walk down a country road, drinking in the morning. Sat down under a tree for awhile and enjoyed the sights and sounds, he rolled around in the grass and licked me on my face, I know he was thanking me for the kinda day he likes best.

people riding their bikes, kids climbing trees, freedom like a child, Kairos time
Old 02-17-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I love unstructured time . . .

This morning I woke without an alarm clock got my coffee and settled down in a comfortable chair to read my bible and pray, such a sweet spirit of the Lord flooding my soul, tears sliding down my face as I drink in His presence.

grabbed Siegfried's leash and we went for a long meandering walk down a country road, drinking in the morning. Sat down under a tree for awhile and enjoyed the sights and sounds, he rolled around in the grass and licked me on my face, I know he was thanking me for the kinda day he likes best.

people riding their bikes, kids climbing trees, freedom like a child, Kairos time
Beautiful Amanah! Nothing like getting out and just soaking up the beauty of the presence of the Lord in His beautiful world created for our enjoyment! My favorite times and places with the Lord are usually outside where the magnificence of His creation always remind me of who HE is, how big He is, how small I am, and how much I need and love Him! So thankful you were able to feel the presence of the Lord today in this way
Old 02-17-2017, 03:04 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Beautiful Amanah! Nothing like getting out and just soaking up the beauty of the presence of the Lord in His beautiful world created for our enjoyment! My favorite times and places with the Lord are usually outside where the magnificence of His creation always remind me of who HE is, how big He is, how small I am, and how much I need and love Him! So thankful you were able to feel the presence of the Lord today in this way
Old 02-21-2017, 04:25 AM
Covenant Apostolic

my prayer this morning