Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-30-2009, 06:37 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Nona Freeman's New Year Message for 2010:

Nona Freeman's New Year Message for 2010:

‘HIDE THE WORD’

Dear Friends, Fans and partners of Nona Freeman Ministry ;
Greetings in the name of Jesus;

Per Sister Nona Freeman’s own preparations prior to her death she has left messages to go out for some time to her precious supporters.. She read your comments, emails, messages, postings on various blogs and forums daily and they meant the world to her. Many she remembered; then there were those, ‘Sister Freeman, you don’t know me but you blessed me, or I live for God because of you, etc.’ You are just as much Aaron and Hur in her life as in the passage of scripture below when the battle raged against Israel:

Exodus 17:12 But Moses' hands were heavy; and they took a stone, and put it under him, and he sat thereon; and Aaron and Hur stayed up his hands, the one on the one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

Each of you raised those precious, Godly hands when she could not. When she was in the setting sun of her life your words and messages brought her sunshine..

She posted December 16, 2009, “Next to Jesus and my ministry, family, friends and supporters have always been my life.’ When you hurt she hurt.” It is her desire for her messages and devotionals on various forums to be continued. She spent time preparing and advising what she wanted posted on holidays, etc. One thing near and dear to her heart is start 2010 reading the King James Version of the Bible. She made the comment, “I have been to areas of the world where these souls did not even know of a Bible not to mention own one. It is still the greatest selling book in the world. Billions of people have read its sacred pages, making it the best-selling book of all time! It is God's Holy, inspired Word and is the most powerful and most quoted book in the world. Some of the greatest men in modern history have had a deep respect for it. Robert E. Lee said, "In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength."

The composition of the Bible is indeed amazing. It was written by forty different human authors under the divine inspiration of the Holy Spirit. These writers wrote independently, knowing almost nothing of other's part. None had anything in common, and their literary qualifications were diverse. Moses, for example, was a man of learning, trained in the best universities of Egypt . Peter, on the other hand, was a fisherman without claim to formal education. Yet each wrote the wisdom of God with powerful force.

The Bible is composed of two main sections:

-The Old Testament, containing 39 books, the New Testament, containing 27 books.

It is composed of 1189 chapters; 929 chapters are in the Old Testament; 260 chapters are in the New and utilities. 773,746 words convey its life-changing message.

This precious, literary masterpiece contains history, laws, poetry, prophecy, biography, dramatic stories, letters, and revelations. Christian church leaders of the 5th century A.D. decided upon the list of books to be included in the Bible. This collection of accepted writings came to be known by scholars as the “canon,” and was considered inspired and authoritative.

It is one of her last requests that she could encourage everyone in her death to read the word of God daily. If possible read it through annually. At the time of her death she had read hers completely through seven times; God’s perfect number. Each time she reported gleaning something differently. Read the Bible daily even if it is just one verse; hide that verse in your heart because you may need those very words before the day is through! Your daily path may direct you in such a way that word would be the one that encourages you on. Purpose in your heart for daily devotional not to just to honor Nona Freeman but bring depth to your walk with God.

There are several hints she shared that enhanced her devotional.

The Bible is full of promises! Sister Nona Freeman circles every time these appear:

-I AM-the one; The Almighty for ever more; appears 1, 111 times in the King James Version!

-I HAVE--Meaning God has already done it; appears over 8, 000 times!

-I WILL--make no mistake God said it' it will happen! 3,067 times

-SHALL - the most binding word that can be applied to your situation; is irrevocable appears 7, 487 times!

-MY GLORY-is a woman's uncut hair; 84 times!

Of course you don't understand everything but, Nona Freeman said, ‘In JESUS name; just read!’

~*~THIS MARKED UP BIBLE OF MINE~*~
Since I've come to God my Bible has guided me through quite a lot,
Some of its pages are ripped and marked on, but then others are not.
Before I continue understand it's not abuse that caused all these marks,
It is from me reading the word of God when my life was alone in the dark.
Though sometimes I read it I'll have to admit I do not quite understand,
I remember it is divine not to be understood and that I am only human.
I am told that the Lord's thoughts and ways are not at all like mine,
But when I get alone and ponder His words, He and I become entwined.
When I was lost in sin, it's stories I would not care to ever read,
I didn't really care then because, it's message I didn't want or need.
It's use in my life then, well there were many more than I can say,
To name a few of now, it's a shame the way I treated it in those days.
Something to press on, paper weights, cushions or a door prop are some,
I'm afraid the list is slanderous and not at all honorable.
When I was in school some folks came and gave us a pocket Testament,
I took it and kept it then not sure why without a single argument.
When I got home in my top drawer it went without a second thought,
I did not need it then I was too anxious for the pleasures of life I sought.
One day while in church service I heard a preacher proclaim,
"Jesus Christ, the Lamb, died on an old cross and for me was slain."
I felt unworthy as he spoke of this man's ultimate sacrifice,
As I heard his words and read my Bible along, I was given the revelation.
Jesus died on an old rugged cross and gave His life's blood for me,
The light was coming on my eyes opened, and now I could plainly see.
With tear filled eyes at the close of the service, there was the invitation,
I was the first one at that old altar that went without hesitation.
I have God in my heart now and as I read the words I can hear,
His voice speaking loving words to me, and it's so perfectly clear.
It's through the words of my marked up Bible that I again know,
That on the old rugged cross His true love for lost man showed.
It always sees me through a lot, this friend this Bible of mine.
I'll keep it for my notes; marks there make them easier to find!
Now you see it is not wrote in or marked up iut of disrespect nor abuse,
It's times in my life of discouragements and I marked the passage I used.
-Author Unknown-

Blessings in Jesus name;
Nona Freeman Ministry
228-497-4396
Old 12-31-2009, 03:26 PM

Re: Nona Freeman's New Year Message for 2010:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘From 2009 to 2010; Another Year For Thee’ By Nona Freeman 12/31/09

II Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

From MISTY'S BLACK TUNNEL by Nona Freeman.
When the human race fell from God's grace by satan's evil plan in the garden of Eden, the Almighty knew a make-over or remodeling job could not erase the awful consequences of willful disobedience. Out of great compassion He put on humanities’ flesh, and came down to mankind's level to redeem them from the master of deceit. Cruel men crucified Him, unknowingly fulfilling God's glorious plan to make new creatures of His creation.

How often we long to start over and live our life again, hopefully avoiding our mistakes and the circumstances that made us victims; however, life is a one-way street. We cannot turn back time; but obedience to God's Word can give us a pristine new beginning with the old record obliterated by the precious blood of Jesus. With repentance, baptism in the name of Jesus and the infilling of the Holy Ghost we walk through His death, burial and resurrection to a new life.

Then, how and why do we drag the scars and emotional stresses of the old life into this new beginning? Jesus said His grace is sufficient. Is it possible His plan is incomplete? Oh no, His plan is perfect. We must learn how to allow the unfolding of His design for us according to the inspired instructions He has graciously given.

Psalm 23, the last phrase of the second verse and the first phrase of the third verse reads: He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul:

Healing from hurting scars and devasting flash-backs can only begin as we follow Jesus to the still waters. He leads us with a tender hand to a restful place of peaceful restoration and quiet assurance.

In the place of His still waters, face the past and let the serenity of heaven enfold you as you remember. You cannot ignore your tragedies and overcome them. Bring yourself and all your pain, distresses, anger, grief’s, sorrows and heartaches to this quiet place and put them in the loving hands of Jesus.

In all my years of traveling I found when I talked with many hurting souls, that during the holidays physical, spousal, sexual and child abuse was at an all time high. Sadly, many carry those scars with them the rest of their lives. Ours is ‘The Healer’ so cast all your worries, hurts and cares on Him, for He cares for you; let Him help you.

‘ANOTHER YEAR IS DAWNING’
Another year is dawning, dear Master, let it be,
In working or in waiting, another year with Thee!
Another year of leaning upon Thy loving breast,
Of even deeper trusting, of quiet, happy rest.
Another year of mercies, of faithfulness and grace;
Another year of gladness, in the shining of Thy face.
Another year of progress, another year of praise;
Another year of proving thy presence "all the days."
Another year of service, of witness to Thy love;
Another year of training for holier work above.
Another year is dawning, dear Master, let it be,
On earth, or else in heaven another year for Thee!
-Author Unknown-

The countdown to 2010 is near; 2009 cannot be changed, only learned from. Don't let 2009 be the standard you set for yourself in 2010. Our God is the one of new beginnings, second chances and starting over. Hallelujah, hallelujah! –Nona Freeman
Old 12-31-2009, 03:50 PM
Sister Alvear

beautiful. thanks for posting.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 01-02-2010, 08:17 AM

Nona Freeman Verse of the Day; January 1, 2010: Psalm 34:10 'I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall CONTINUALLY be in my mouth. [KJV]