Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Cry Room
Facebook

Notices

The Cry Room Where disruptive users are sent for a TIME OUT!

Old 02-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Banned

Re: Do You Need A Miracle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
That's not what I asked. I asked how one could tell, if He did.
Yes, there's that little word again, that answers your question. If He did, He already has.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:01 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
It was not his choice to die, so no, it would not have interfered with free will to heal him.

And no, I don't believe God promised anything, either. Not anymore. I no longer believer the promises written in the Bible are actually from God. Thought you did, though. And I'm not talking about living forever. But the Bible does promise physical healing -- unless you twist it enough so it doesn't, as you might have to to make it true.
Timmy, how did your brother feel about God? Did he believe he was going to be healed?
Old 02-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Everytime I see this thread title, I sing this song in my head: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD1FYDOM4Ts

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
It was not his choice to die, so no, it would not have interfered with free will to heal him.

And no, I don't believe God promised anything, either. Not anymore. I no longer believer the promises written in the Bible are actually from God. Thought you did, though. And I'm not talking about living forever. But the Bible does promise physical healing -- unless you twist it enough so it doesn't, as you might have to to make it true.
Well, I doubt that treatment of free will demonstrates a real understanding of the subject, but I am not qualified to say.

I believe the promises of God, as we have them in the Bible, even if I sometimes question men's interpretation of them. I believe there is sometimes no healing even with faith, as Paul's affliction seems to demonstrate. However, I don't assume because I don't understand that God has lied; I would sooner believe that God has a better idea, and his death is not even about you.

I mean, think about it. People die every day. It is a normal part of life. As humans, we consider it a mournful day, when it is not. What if your prayers had been answered, and your brother had lived until now, a vegetable? Would you be happy then?

Last edited by bbyrd009; 02-22-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Banned

Christ said we would do greater things than walk on water, too. you see any of that happening yet? Well then, did Christ lie? This pov is understandable, but childish. God cannot interfere in free will, and unfettered free will = death. You are ignoring that your brother was one of God's children, and He knows better than you do.

I'm reminded of a childhood friend who hated his father for killing a puppy that had no chance to live, got mangled by a mower...not that your brother=puppy, of course, but the parallels are pretty compelling.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Well, I doubt that treatment of free will demonstrates a real understanding of the subject, but I am not qualified to say.

I believe the promises of God, as we have them in the Bible, even if I sometimes question men's interpretation of them. I believe there is sometimes no healing even with faith, as Paul's affliction seems to demonstrate. However, I don't assume because I don't understand that God has lied; I would sooner believe that God has a better idea, and his death is not even about you.

I mean, think about it. People die every day. It is a normal part of life. As humans, we consider it a mournful day, when it is not. What if your prayers had been answered, and your brother had lived until now, a vegetable? Would you be happy then?
Good words Mrs Bratti!

I pray I am not only able to entrust my life to Him, but also my death.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 02-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Yes, there's that little word again, that answers your question. If He did, He already has.
And again, you can't understand plain English.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
How could anyone ever tell if God failed them or not?
The Lord told me to tell you that you can tell if he has ever failed you by comparing him to all the other Gods you know.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:00 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertcarring View Post
The Lord told me to tell you that you can tell if he has ever failed you by comparing him to all the other Gods you know.
So, Jesus has the same sense of humor that you do? I was hoping for better.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 02-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:

You cannot be serious.

Why am I not surprised?