Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 11-04-2018, 04:31 AM
Registered Member

Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I'm thankful for the opportunity to help some reader/viewer discover the truth that the Gospel and salvation are not to be found in emotionally manipulative CIA developed effeminized brainwashing disguised as "music" and "worship". Hopefully they will discover good times in real, SCRIPTURAL worship, like actually believing, obeying, and being conformed to the Holy Bible and the one true original and ancient APOSTOLIC FAITH OF JESUS and His first century disciples.
I always by Gods grace teach believing, obeying, and being conformed to the Holy Bible and being conformed to the ancient Apostolic Faith of Jesus.

In a recent thread you accused me of teaching "works" salvation and being in "legalism" as I was teaching this very faith of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 11-04-2018 at 04:43 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

Because religions of Female worship always seemed to have transvestite priesthood? The excuse some use is that more women are apt to worship God? Seek the spiritual, and more mumbo jumbo along those lines. Yet, men really aren't coming to be seekers because THEY usually see that "religion" is more of a female thing. Which as the case for this sort of group. The guy in the video seems a little soft, because his predecessors were also soft.
This is so pathetic. So what should women do? Are they not allowed to worship Jesus Christ in your religon? In many Churches there are simply more women than men.

Now I have no knowledge about this man in the video. I never thought one thing or the other about him being "a little soft".

Last I looked one of the fruits of the Spirit is GENTLENESS. Another is a thing called MEEKNESS.

To God those are good qualities which seem to be much lacking today.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 11-04-2018 at 05:38 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 04:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Your emphasis has been the MUSIC, the MOOD created by a specific type and style of music. The book of Psalms contains no specified form of melody, rhythm, or tempo, beat, voicing, tone, pitch, etc. Yet you seem to have adopted the charismatic concept that the MELODY, BEAT, TEMPO, VOICING, ETC is what can create or help create the right atmosphere.
Hilarious! Almost EVERY Pentecostal meeting I have been in over my lifetime it has been suggested or encouraged that the praising of God creates or helps the right atmosphere.

Usually down to the next to the last song where the worship leader says "I dont believe the Spirit is done here" and then leads back into more singing of praise.

But dont get me wrong.

I am not attacking the way people praise God. I am encouraging them to do it. I have not come into this music section of the forum criticizing the way people worship.

I dont recall EVER mentioning melody, tempo, rythem, beat, or tone. That seems to concern you not me. I just know when Jesus is being praised. Thats what I like.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Esaias

I notice you did not provide the scriptures that explain how one encounters God via MUSIC. Perhaps you are not aware that such a concept literally SATURATES pagan religion?
I pointed you to 153 chapters of men encountering God through music in the largest book of the Bible. You missed it.

Yet I will give you a very good example.

2 Kings 3:13-15

13And Elisha said unto the king of Israel, What have I to do with thee? get thee to the prophets of thy father, and to the prophets of thy mother. And the king of Israel said unto him, Nay: for the LORD hath called these three kings together, to deliver them into the hand of Moab. 14And Elisha said, As the LORD of hosts liveth, before whom I stand, surely, were it not that I regard the presence of Jehoshaphat the king of Judah, I would not look toward thee, nor see thee. 15But now bring me a minstrel. And it came to pass, when the minstrel played, that the hand of the LORD came upon him.

When one gets into the Spirit, which in this case was occasioned by music it CAN draw them into sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.

But...you know this.

As far as how pagans worship I dont know. I DO know how to worship and praise Jesus.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Esaias

You are in love with IHOP music, and I already posted documentation on how their music is INTENTIONALLY CRAFTED TO INDUCE A SPECIFIC, DESIRED PSYCHOLOGICAL AND EMOTIONAL RESPONSE IN THE AUDIENCE.
It is not entirely accurate to say I love IHOP music. What I love is a certain strand of worship I first heard and saw as a young believer in the Jesus Movement and Charismatic Movement.

I'm not even saying I like every song that was sang among them. I could also point out THEY sang hymn book songs also at times. Just as even now not EVERY song IHOP does moves me.

So yes I very much love many of IHOP songs but not all.

As far as emotional and Psychological manipulation the Evangelicals I'm sure have all kinds of studies proving that Pentecostals are simply acting out all their emotional and Psychological fantasies when they are praising God.

The documentation you gave was documented by admitted liars. It may or may not be true.

Ever heard of the KAVAGNAUGH EFFECT?

As to praising and worshiping Jesus I dont go around the forum and listen to a song or snippet of one and then go and research the singer, seeing if I can find fault with their doctrine or sin in their life.

If the song moves me I like it. I thank God I am not trapped in a box where I have to oppose and attack the praise and worship of some other group. I'm not sure you could find one post on the forum where I attack Pentecostal or Bluegrass country gospel music. I like some of that. I dont make a crusade out of attacking the way someone likes praising and worshiping the Lord.

I prefer Charismatic type praise. To that I plead guilty. When Apostolics do Charismatic songs I like that. If Charismatics accept the Oneness message I like that!

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 11-04-2018 at 05:50 AM.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:00 AM
Registered Member

Esaias and Dom:

Seeing that you are offended by Females praising and worshiping Jesus, I present to you the same song that I posted by Catherine Mullins in this thread by Petra!

I first heard them do this in the 80's. I was lifted into the Heavenlies the first time I heard as I am to this day.

The version by Catherine does the same to me.

Enjoy!

Old 11-12-2018, 06:18 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So upon watching the video in post one all you can think of is "yuk"?

What Church were you sitting in where the Minister told you to
start making love to Jesus
?

What does "intimacy" mean?

Websters:

Private, personal, very close or familiar, deep and thorough.

You dont see this in the Bible? An intimate relationship with God?
Mike, the word of God is way more than 74-1980s post trib.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:08 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Please explain what is going on in this verse.
What is the effect that David's harp playing is having on Saul?

Quote:
1 Samuel 16:14-23 English Standard Version (ESV)
David in Saul's Service
14 Now the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and a harmful spirit from the Lord tormented him. 15 And Saul's servants said to him, “Behold now, a harmful spirit from God is tormenting you. 16 Let our lord now command your servants who are before you to seek out a man who is skillful in playing the lyre, and when the harmful spirit from God is upon you, he will play it, and you will be well.” 17 So Saul said to his servants, “Provide for me a man who can play well and bring him to me.” 18 One of the young men answered, “Behold, I have seen a son of Jesse the Bethlehemite, who is skillful in playing, a man of valor, a man of war, prudent in speech, and a man of good presence, and the Lord is with him.” 19 Therefore Saul sent messengers to Jesse and said, “Send me David your son, who is with the sheep.” 20 And Jesse took a donkey laden with bread and a skin of wine and a young goat and sent them by David his son to Saul. 21 And David came to Saul and entered his service. And Saul loved him greatly, and he became his armor-bearer. 22 And Saul sent to Jesse, saying, “Let David remain in my service, for he has found favor in my sight.” 23 And whenever the harmful spirit from God was upon Saul, David took the lyre and played it with his hand. So Saul was refreshed and was well, and the harmful spirit departed from him.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:00 PM
Covenant Apostolic

What do you all think about Song of Songs? Doesn't it use romantic language to express the love of God and his church?

Quote:
Song of Solomon 2 King James Version (KJV)
2 I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.
2 As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.
3 As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
4 He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.
5 Stay me with flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love.
6 His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me.
7 I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please.
8 The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.
9 My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.
10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
13 The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
14 O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.
15 Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
16 My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies.
17 Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, turn, my beloved, and be thou like a roe or a young hart upon the mountains of Bether.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Please explain what is going on in this verse.
What is the effect that David's harp playing is having on Saul?
The music calmed Saul. Crazy people respond in strange ways to different things.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf