Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Urban Pastor

Re: Wedding Bells?

Brother & Sister McGruder were so very kind to me when I preached for them in Kennett several times.
I have heard people say the church did not have hard standards but I was ministering in UPC church all over the nation and theirs was pretty much like the rest of them. They seemed to be Conservative Pentecostal people! Now, They were not as hard and mean as the Godairs - but they were Conservative people!
I know they ministered a lot outside the UPC and I commend them for that. They were a witness and a light everywhere they went and people KNEW they were Oneness Pentecostal & UPC!
They were incredible people to me and I will never forget the kindness they showed and the openness to the Apostolic & Prophetic gifts. He was the most balanced man I ever met in the UPC.
I think it is INCREDIBLE that he met a great Godly woman that serves in ministry and is bringing the Word of God in a powerful way to those she ministers too.
God bless the McGruder's!
Old 07-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

The lady who is marrying him was a teenager back in the 1970's at the ALJC church where we went at that time. My kids were teenagers too and knew her. That church now has a UPC pastor and Brenda's parents still go there.

I hadn't heard or seen anything of her since the late nineteen seventies but we recently reconnected on facebook.

I wish them all the best.

These are some pictures from facebook
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brenda.jpg (37.4 KB, 115 views)
File Type: jpg CarrollBrenda.jpg (78.6 KB, 119 views)
File Type: jpg WeddingLicense.jpg (32.0 KB, 109 views)
Old 07-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

I remember Carroll McGruder from the ALJC Indiana Camp in the 1970's. His father was Lester McGruder who has held several offices in the organization and his mother was a McCool, a family who have been part of several OP organizations. Bro. Lester McGruder was pastor of an ALJC Church in Windfall, IN at that time. Carroll's wife at that time sang specials and was later killed in an accident. Carroll survived and I remember seeing him at some meeting in Ohio and he was in a wheel chair. He said that one day he would get out of that wheel chair and he did. He married another wife (I don't know if he was in the wheel chair or out of it when they married) and they became a singing group. I don't know if the new wife sings or not.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Accepts all friends requests

It will be interesting to see the responses from people around the UPofC. Is CM still on the Missouri District Board? He was just re-elected last spring.

Personally, I hope he graciously digs in his heels if he faces calls to step down or otherwise "get out!"

I was told to "get out" of the church and fellowship so that another UPC preacher could get laid. It will be interesting to see what sort of "witness" the UPC fellowship will have over this hetero-sexual man marrying a woman of like precious faith (Jesus' name baptism and all).

We seem to have a pretty poor track record when it comes to actually living up to the values that the organization is supposed to espouse. And, a pretty poor record for anchoring our values in actual Bible teachings.

... should be an interesting summer and autumn ahead.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
It will be interesting to see the responses from people around the UPofC. Is CM still on the Missouri District Board? He was just re-elected last spring.

Personally, I hope he graciously digs in his heels if he faces calls to step down or otherwise "get out!"

I was told to "get out" of the church and fellowship so that another UPC preacher could get laid. It will be interesting to see what sort of "witness" the UPC fellowship will have over this hetero-sexual man marrying a woman of like precious faith (Jesus' name baptism and all).

We seem to have a pretty poor track record when it comes to actually living up to the values that the organization is supposed to espouse. And, a pretty poor record for anchoring our values in actual Bible teachings.

... should be an interesting summer and autumn ahead.
FYI, He is no longer a member of the District Board.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:53 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charnock View Post
FYI, He is no longer a member of the District Board.
When was that? His church's website still lists him as a presbyter and the Missouri District site - while not naming a single presbyter, states that "all presbyters were returned to office" the past spring. Of course, his church's site also lists him as being still married to PM.

Maybe there's been some changes that folks felt were too sensitive to address by making changes on their respective websites, so the left old news up long past its currency?
Old 07-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
LOL!! No. When I typed that I was thinking of another pic of his fiance that has not ben posted here. It was a pic of just her and she had cut hair, earrings, and pants on. THOSE things are what I think will keep him from being welcome to preach or sing at most UPC events and churches.
To much politics and not enough BIBLE! UPC will throw anyone, family or friend under the bus if they "look" different than the UPC allows! God Bless you Rev. Brenda McGruder! God Bless you Bro. McGruder for NOT conforming to man made politics!!! Thanks for listening!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Aren't y'all glad you have a place to come and vent about all that is wrong with the UPC? Already complaining about something that may or may not happen.

BTW, this is me being nice.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevR&JGeorge View Post
To much politics and not enough BIBLE! UPC will throw anyone, family or friend under the bus if they "look" different than the UPC allows! God Bless you Rev. Brenda McGruder! God Bless you Bro. McGruder for NOT conforming to man made politics!!! Thanks for listening!
Why am I not surprised...
If someone is in an organization that has certain stands on some issues, then one decides that those stands no longer apply to them, what do you think the result would be???
For some of us "the look" is part of what we believe.
I believe CM knew this and anticipated the stand the UPC would take.
The little that I know him, I do not think he has any problem or holds any grudge with the UPC or any actions taken as a result of his decision.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Aren't y'all glad you have a place to come and vent about all that is wrong with the UPC? Already complaining about something that may or may not happen.

BTW, this is me being nice.
oh hush cindy, this is the crux of the gripe against the upc for many people. what org is the liberal alternative? we must free the upc from its' shackles.
Closed Thread