Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
economy, good, new jobs, obama, republicans

Old 09-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Re: 67K New Priv Sec Jobs, -121K Gov Jobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
You can't compare the economy under GWB to the economy now!

We're on the way out of a recession, a near depression even!

Many will argue that it was the excesses of that time period prior to today's bad times that contributed to the economy we have today (but you would just dismiss them as liberal, ill-informed and biased.)
Not I. I would agree that during that time it went bad. But keep in mind the the Congrees and the House majority was held by the Demo's. Bush's hand were tied on many thing because it needed the approval from these places. As such they put into action some things that ultimately brought this country to it's knees and VERY little of it had to do with ONLY the Bush administration.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
"Immediately" in coadie's post and "almost immediately" in Pelosi's words are very different-- especially when it comes to politics, with politicians who seem to lie whenever thier lips are moving.

Nevertheless, in THIS CASE, the burden here is to define what SHE meant by, "ALMOST immediately."

Maybe she was throwing a Christian referrence.

A day with the Lord is as a thousand years, right?

Bottom line, she did not say or imply, immediately.
Only curious, but is that like when Clinton said he "did not have sexual relations with that women"? Immediately and almost immediate both imply something that is swift and timely. You nor I can say that "almost immediately" means 1 month or 1 year. But I think that we could both agree that it mean really soon and we are still waiting on it.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
Not I. I would agree that during that time it went bad. But keep in mind the the Congrees and the House majority was held by the Demo's. Bush's hand were tied on many thing because it needed the approval from these places. As such they put into action some things that ultimately brought this country to it's knees and VERY little of it had to do with ONLY the Bush administration.
I do hold Bush and his Administration more responsible for this more than anyone else.

When you start to think about the BILLIONS OF TAX-PAYER DOLLARS unaccounted for in regards to spending in Iraq, it should make your blood boil!

All of that, and WE STILL DID NOT GET THE UP-ARMORRED VEHICLES AND PROTECTION THAT WOULD SAVE THE LIVES OF SO MANY MORE OF OUR HEROES!

While the "private contractors" were paid how much to do whatever they were doing? Even if their "mission" was legitimnate the inequity was maddening.

Of course the comapnies that prospered most had connections to that Administration (formal or informal.)

Fact is, the buck stops with Bush, in my mind because as President, the economy took its turn for the worst while he was still in office. The buck always stops witht the President-- or it should.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
Only curious, but is that like when Clinton said he "did not have sexual relations with that women"? Immediately and almost immediate both imply something that is swift and timely. You nor I can say that "almost immediately" means 1 month or 1 year. But I think that we could both agree that it mean really soon and we are still waiting on it.
Has it even been a year yet?

I know it hasn't been two years yet.

She just shouldn't have made the statement-- job creation is dependent on so many other factors other than the passing of a law, even one as dramamtic as the historic Healthcare Reform Act.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

Clinton lied.

In this situation, you can't pin a lie on Pelosi.

She could have even made a mistake.

When Clinton spoke, he already knew what he had done.

Clinton lied.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You can't compare the economy under GWB to the economy now!

We're on the way out of a recession, a near depression even!

Many will argue that it was the excesses of that time period prior to today's bad times that contributed to the economy we have today (but you would just dismiss them as liberal, ill-informed and biased.)
as a matter of fact I can. I can do any comparison I want to. And I will. It was up to 146 million employed under Bush to 135 million under Obama now.

If you have a college degree, Between yourself, Obama and Tim Geithner, I have just as many degrees as the three of you put together plus more economics than all of you together.

Timmy's graduate degree devoted to the study of international affairs, economics, diplomacy, and policy research and education. I have completed more graduate work than he and Obama together.

If we have 6 great quarters, we should be back to where it was when Bush retired.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
IF she said that, then it was a blatant lie.

Where's the proof of her saying it?
At the end of this video, she says that health reform will create 400,000 jobs "almost immediately."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...mediately.html

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 09-03-2010, 07:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Clinton lied.

In this situation, you can't pin a lie on Pelosi.She could have even made a mistake.

When Clinton spoke, he already knew what he had done.

Clinton lied.
She lied. Pelosi is a liar.

Nancy Pelosi CNN Coverage 500 Million People Will Lose There Job Every Month

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UR5M5teyQ0

This is what a mistake looks like.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Doesn't the President get any credit when something good happens or is starting to happen?

Oh, I know-- only if the President is a REPUBLICAN!

Ok, now I understand!

No, because he is playing a giant shell game taxing people, through fees to us contractors and the average citizen, which in turn is being used to finance these no show jobs, for his Chicago cronies.Cap and trade is one of the scams, along with the requirement for every contractor to get a lead certification regardless of trade area ,which costs 300 to 600 and take an idiot test, then you also have to get one for your firm, which only requires you to send another check for 400. Were talking billions of dollars.And today comes the revelation that he was elected as a result of tremendous voter fraud (a former employee of Acorn became a whistle blower) which has just renamed itself and continues to perpetrate the same thing.When the Obama campaign donors maxed out they got the donor lists from the campaign(even more detailed then they provided to the FEC) and went after them again, to donate to Acorn which in turn funneled the money to the campaign.This will go down as the most corrupt presidency in history!
Old 09-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I do hold Bush and his Administration more responsible for this more than anyone else.

When you start to think about the BILLIONS OF TAX-PAYER DOLLARS unaccounted for in regards to spending in Iraq, it should make your blood boil!
All of that, and WE STILL DID NOT GET THE UP-ARMORRED VEHICLES AND PROTECTION THAT WOULD SAVE THE LIVES OF SO MANY MORE OF OUR HEROES!

While the "private contractors" were paid how much to do whatever they were doing? Even if their "mission" was legitimnate the inequity was maddening.

Of course the comapnies that prospered most had connections to that Administration (formal or informal.)

Fact is, the buck stops with Bush, in my mind because as President, the economy took its turn for the worst while he was still in office. The buck always stops witht the President-- or it should.
We know where some money is GE gets their hands on it.

Quote:
General Electric pays $23 million to settle Iraq bribery charges
1 month ago.