Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station
Facebook

Notices

The Information Station A help forum with answers to frequently asked questions - includes our Forum Rules and updates or announcements from the Admin Team.

Old 02-10-2007, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

How To Not Get Offended

Since we have a thread titled "How To Apologize" it seemed only fitting to offer this counter balance.

Sure, offenses do happen. Even Jesus said they would and we know He is never wrong. A legitimate offense is worthy of a legitimate apology.

But there are those thin skinned individuals who come around looking for reasons to get offended. There are several ways to avoid this. First of all, don't come here! That really is the easiest solution. But if you are addicted and lack that type of self-control then you will need further assistance to avoid being offended.

We will next consider the Word. "Great peace have they which love thy law and NOTHING shall offend them." Basically that is saying that if you get offended you don't love the law of God. Simple enough? I sure hope so.

Next, for those of you who want to wear your feelings on your shirt sleeves, might I suggest wearing two or three shirts anytime you post here? That way you can get offended several times before making an issue of it.

Onward, to those who have deep seated emotional and spiritual issues, this is absolutely the last place you need to be. This is not where you come to relive past abuses, misuses, etc. etc. We are glad you are here. But we are not here to provide counsel for issues that can only be reconciled between you and God. I know we can be more fun to talk to and you will get some answers here that God won't give you, but hey, it really is better to take those issues to Him.

There is an Abuse Thread and a Cry Room available. If necessary we can probably find some directions on how to build a bridge and how to cry a river. Getting over it is up to you though.

That being said, I am glad everyone is here. And I would appreciate no one taking issue with this thread or my tone in stating what I have. I am fragile and get offended very easily and would hate for you to have to apologize to me for your ignorant comments.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Ah shaddup!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:33 PM
God is good...yes He's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
Since we have a thread titled "How To Apologize" it seemed only fitting to offer this counter balance.

Sure, offenses do happen. Even Jesus said they would and we know He is never wrong. A legitimate offense is worthy of a legitimate apology.

But there are those thin skinned individuals who come around looking for reasons to get offended. There are several ways to avoid this. First of all, don't come here! That really is the easiest solution. But if you are addicted and lack that type of self-control then you will need further assistance to avoid being offended.

We will next consider the Word. [I]"Great peace have they which love thy law and NOTHING shall offend them."[/I] Basically that is saying that if you get offended you don't love the law of God. Simple enough? I sure hope so.

Next, for those of you who want to wear your feelings on your shirt sleeves, might I suggest wearing two or three shirts anytime you post here? That way you can get offended several times before making an issue of it.

Onward, to those who have deep seated emotional and spiritual issues, this is absolutely the last place you need to be. This is not where you come to relive past abuses, misuses, etc. etc. We are glad you are here. But we are not here to provide counsel for issues that can only be reconciled between you and God. I know we can be more fun to talk to and you will get some answers here that God won't give you, but hey, it really is better to take those issues to Him.

There is an Abuse Thread and a Cry Room available. If necessary we can probably find some directions on how to build a bridge and how to cry a river. Getting over it is up to you though.

That being said, I am glad everyone is here. And I would appreciate no one taking issue with this thread or my tone in stating what I have. I am fragile and get offended very easily and would hate for you to have to apologize to me for your ignorant comments.
I wonder if that scripture really means what you're stating?? It seems a bit "super human" to expect that nothing shall ever offend a person who loves God's word. Maybe it means the person shall never be offended by the Word of God if you love it. Just wondering...not being difficult.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretplace View Post
I wonder if that scripture really means what you're stating?? It seems a bit "super human" to expect that nothing shall ever offend a person who loves God's word. Maybe it means the person shall never be offended by the Word of God if you love it. Just wondering...not being difficult.
Technically, it does not mean that one won't get their feelings hurt and such, but they will not be tempted to quit serving God over offenses.

But hey, this is an open Forum and I can interpret the Word to mean what I want it to, can't I?
Old 02-10-2007, 08:44 PM
God is good...yes He's good

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
Technically, it does not mean that one won't get their feelings hurt and such, but they will not be tempted to quit serving God over offenses.

But hey, this is an open Forum and I can interpret the Word to mean what I want it to, can't I?
I understand you better now...thanks.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
How To Not Get Offended

Don't post on forums.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
Don't post on forums.
No, Ron, you can POST on forums. You just can't READ on forums. I've never yet been offended by something I said. I may have been offended by something that someone else said tho.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
No, Ron, you can POST on forums. You just can't READ on forums. I've never yet been offended by something I said. I may have been offended by something that someone else said tho.
True... you said what I meant.

lol
Old 02-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Registered Member

Love His law.

His law is fulfilled in this, Loving Him with all our heart soul mind and strength and loving our neighbor as ourself.

Notice my tag line.........
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 02-10-2007, 08:47 PM
HideBuster

One way is to keep your mouth closed