Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-23-2008, 10:12 PM
Not riding the train

Where do you think we are headed as a movement?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
Annointed preaching and singing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
Heartfelt worship and an innocence that borders on naviete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
What are the strengths of todays movement? That men are stepping up in their local churches and doing the will of God. Not just subscribing to the pages of a manual....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
3. The main strength is the openess to move in the spirit.
Amen!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

I say a liberal does not define their status.

It is the Moderate and the Conservative who defines the Liberal.

So there will be a portion in all of us to be called liberal at some point....

Some say being a liberal is someone who changes the social make-up of a religious order or body.

Then again is it liberal to no longer have church buses running on Sunday morning?

But have your service piped over the internet where anyone could stumble on your service (The spirit of the Lord could direct them to your IP address).

Is it liberal to stop wearing a tie in the pulpit?

Is it liberal to have a prophetic word spoken over somoneone in a service?

Would it be liberal for someone to stand up in church and ask a pastor a question or raise their hand?

Would it be liberal for a saint to step forward and hand the pastor a check for $1,000.00 towards the building program when he is preaching.

Would it be liberal for someone to stand up and walk over to a church member and hand them a check for $500.00 in the Holy Ghost anointing?

Would it be liberal for a saint to stand and ask the minister in a part of his sermon to lay hands on them as the word of God brought faith in that moment?

There are many area's of the church in Pentecost that the walls have brought an inability for the move of God.

There should be respect and order.

There should also be the understanding by the leaders when the spirit of the Lord has come....

We can call ourselves liberal without ever taking to a conservative or moderate about 3 steps or standards.

I for one want the move of God to actually be the move of God.

Not just a feeling that is felt and then you have no unction on why the you feel what you felt.

Or what you need to do with the anointing.

I think we need to start asking God in those moments and then listhen to the spirit......

If some of the things above after having done them makes me a liberal then being a liberal is a walk in the spirit kind of walk....
Old 01-23-2008, 11:39 PM
AnotherTrave

I'm not sure what a liberal is these days, but here is what I think...

Where do you see the Apostolic movement (UPCI, ALJC, AMF, and the likes.) at this point? The Apostolic movement is a ship on the rocks, and with few exceptions, it is likely that God will move on to more biblical expressions of what the church should be

What do you see as problems within it?servants lording over the saints, men grasping for power openly, trampling over the meek by the arrogant, devouring one another, massive self righteousness, and slander on an unforseen scale

What are the strengths of todays movement? God's amazing grace and mercy that never fails

Where do you think we are headed as a movement? The movement is sinking, but the move of the Spirit of God is to home churches. Also the season of Lording over the saints is over. The watchmen will see eye to eye {on the same level} when the Lord brings again Zion.

What is your advise to the generation that is to follow us. Walk with God every day. Don't learn oppression, slander, and the selfish grasping for name recognition and power. Avoid the money traps. The call relates to the King and His kingdom, not to organizations, buildings, headcounts, and efforts to control others.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
CC1's just jealous because he can't hang with me at golf!

Or playing the piano....
Or playing the organ....
Or playing the bass....

However I can hang with you when it comes to eating!
Old 01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Or playing the piano....
Or playing the organ....
Or playing the bass....

However I can hang with you when it comes to eating!
I don't know about that! Have you seen me lately?
Old 01-25-2008, 03:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmatthew View Post
I thought this would be interesting to see how those that are liberal see the Apostolic movement in 2008. Please allow some liberal folks to answer before discussing what they say.

Where do you see the Apostolic movement (UPCI, ALJC, AMF, and the likes.) at this point?

What do you see as problems within it?

What are the strengths of todays movement?

Where do you think we are headed as a movement?

What is your advise to the generation that is to follow us.
1) The "Apostolic Movement" as defined by those organizations you list above are at a juncture ... they need to separate truth from opinion. We need to "Unpervert" This Gospel!

2) The main problem is the extra-biblical requirements (legalism)... which causes self-righteousness, judgment, and the worse spirit of all...condemnation and exclusion.

3) Hardworking people whose desire is to spread the Gospel to the whole world.

4) Organizations are going DOWN if they do not repent and return to their first LOVE. (The movement will never die, because God will find a way.)

5) Advice to all generations: Put your love in Christ... Follow Him ALWAYS. Organizations are just people. Jesus Christ is LORD! Let Him do His job!

(Nice thread. Let's see what you do with it!! It would be nice to see Cons answer the same questions.)
Old 01-30-2008, 03:49 AM
Registered Member

Re: From The Perspective of a Liberal

Bump
Old 01-30-2008, 04:52 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyahstarter View Post
Bump
Why bump it. There is nothing else to say.

You guys, with a couple of exceptions, have written your vision and made it plain... plain enough that I can read it as I am running away from you.

The sky is falling the sky is falling! I am pretty sure most of these posts made God laugh!

Again I am reminded why I seldom visit here.

Now, please excuse me while I go roll in the floor and travail over the demise of the Apostolic movement as spoken by you prophets of God.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

Goodbye, Chicken Little.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:34 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyahstarter View Post
Goodbye, Chicken Little.
It wasn't me predicting and prophesying doom and gloom and the demise of the Apostolic movement! It was you and the rest of the roosters clucking in the hen house!