Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Did Adam And Eat Meat ?

And God said,See I have given you every herb that yields seed which on the face of all the earth,and every tree whose fruit yields seed;to you it shall be food.GEN.1:29 NKJV

Were Adam and Eve vegeterians ? Since God gave them every herb and and every tree that yields fruit for food,did they eat meat ?
Old 02-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Re: Did Adam And Eat Meat ?

No!

Humans and animals didn't eat meat until after the flood.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 02-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Eat more Beef.......... chicken is for whimps
Old 02-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Forever Loved Admin

I don't think so.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

Adam and Eve probably didn't eat any meat, but animals sure ate other animals.
Old 02-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
Adam and Eve probably didn't eat any meat, but animals sure ate other animals.

Do you think that animals ate other animals before Genesis chapter 3?

Do you think that if Adam saw animals eating other animals he might have tried eating animals also?
Old 02-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Do you think that animals ate other animals before Genesis chapter 3?

Do you think that if Adam saw animals eating other animals he might have tried eating animals also?
Trying to be literal with Genesis 1 - 11, will lead to impossible problems with the the known natural history of our world. People are dropping out of the faith in droves because religionists demand a strict adherence to a theology of Bible Fundamentalism that is only about 200 years old.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:22 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
And God said,See I have given you every herb that yields seed which on the face of all the earth,and every tree whose fruit yields seed;to you it shall be food.GEN.1:29 NKJV

Were Adam and Eve vegeterians ? Since God gave them every herb and and every tree that yields fruit for food,did they eat meat ?
Did Adam and eat meat? Did Adam and Eve meet? Did Adam Ant eat meat?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:17 PM
They that wait upon the Lord

In the beggining they only ate that which came from the earth.

Gen 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Even the animals ate only vegetation as well. That is why in the end time it is going back to the original form in which the Lion will lie down with the Lamb.

Gen 1:30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

After the flood God Gave the commandment to eat animal flesh for food. It is the common belief that the earth was a green house in which there was vegetation all around the earth from pole to pole. In this there was enough vegetation to sustain even the dinosaurs. Recently they discovered the wooly mamoth in Siberia which had tropical vegetation in its stomach. Where did this come from when Siberia is a frozen wasteland.

Gen 9:3 Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.
Gen 9:4 But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat.

This is called the green house effect. Whether it was an ice layer as some believe or just clouds the effect was an even temperature all around the world. Thus no need for clothing or protection from the suns uv rays.

2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Gen 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
Gen 7:12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

Gen 8:2 The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;
Old 02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
They that wait upon the Lord

Gen 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
Gen 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Isa 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
Isa 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Isa 65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.