Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

Re: Proof that TV Does Work in Reaching the Lost

I made that up.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

If your T.V. spot is winning souls...More power to you, in Jesus name!!!!
Old 06-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
But is the fact they have no problem with watching sin the reason they got TV or did TV make them have no problem with watching TV?

Me thinks Unregistered and the others have no clue
Isaiah? Don't think he is refering to me lol. For the record I dnt watch televison not only due to what my church preaches, but because of the convictions the Lord has personaly placed upon my heart. As the apostle Paul writes so I write, "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not" (1Corinthians 10:23). This verse of scripture is preaty clear to the point. Why sit in front of a televison set when I can be reading my bible, praying, or knocking on doors. All things I do, and would rather do then watch any program. We live with our convictions and to let the barrier down on a conviction would be no less then what James wrote saying, "Therfore to him that knoweth to do good, and deoth it not, to him it is sin" (James 4:17). However no argument, "... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12). And again one of my most favorite qoutes, "I find televison very educating. Everytime somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" -Groucho Marx- Come on somebody! lol
"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in sprit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. Neglect not the gift that is in thee..." (1Timothy 4:12-14).
Old 06-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Julien View Post
98% of all statistics are made up on the spot...Are we preaching Jesus Christ crucified, and risen again, or are we spending a lot of time in debates that don't really matter?
You know I must say you are certainly right...
"Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in sprit, in faith, in purity. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine. Neglect not the gift that is in thee..." (1Timothy 4:12-14).
Old 06-06-2010, 02:33 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
And look at the state of the American church because of such. We are in need of great soul searching revival, and preachers are to busy watching Despirate Housewives to pray. God help us!!
Oh yeah, what Christians are you around???? The folks I fellowshipped with this morning were lifting up the name of Jesus, in the most beautiful praise and worship that I have every witnessed. Then we heard a missionary who along with his family has spend thirty years in Africa translating the Bible into the native language of those that he is presenting the saving and healing name of the Lord. Further his family is feeding and housing thirty orphan infants that would die without their mothers because their own will not nurture them.

Then the Africans in our church that were refugees from Sudan lead the charge to group around this family and pray with them. They are so grateful for what the Lord has done in their lives thru the ministry of this church.

Let's not be so quick to demonize the body of Christ, in the USA, because it is doing many great works of sacrifice and ministry.

I could speak of many other great works of ministry that just this one body is about, and I believe many others are doing likewise. "Oh, how great the body, the body of Christ....." He is alive and well.

I just realize that post by Charlie Brown is two years old, but I still stand by what I posted!!!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org

Last edited by crakjak; 06-06-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Julien View Post
98% of all statistics are made up on the spot...Are we preaching Jesus Christ crucified, and risen again, or are we spending a lot of time in debates that don't really matter?
Just like there are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:08 PM
Banned

TV watching, non-prohibitionist here checking in -- ditch TV church. Be organic.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah View Post
Isaiah? Don't think he is refering to me lol. For the record I dnt watch televison not only due to what my church preaches, but because of the convictions the Lord has personaly placed upon my heart. As the apostle Paul writes so I write, "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not" (1Corinthians 10:23). This verse of scripture is preaty clear to the point. Why sit in front of a televison set when I can be reading my bible, praying, or knocking on doors. All things I do, and would rather do then watch any program. We live with our convictions and to let the barrier down on a conviction would be no less then what James wrote saying, "Therfore to him that knoweth to do good, and deoth it not, to him it is sin" (James 4:17). However no argument, "... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling" (Philippians 2:12). And again one of my most favorite qoutes, "I find televison very educating. Everytime somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" -Groucho Marx- Come on somebody! lol
I applaud that you have such a conviction.

It's just amazing that instead of these things being convictions, they are membership requirements and tests of spirituality. It moves away from being a conviction and becoming something more of group conformity and pressure.

RE The whole why watch TV when I could be knocking on doors arguments... I could fill in the blanks with anything there. Books, travel, sleeping in, playing sports, etc.

Groucho Marx and I would agree that TV abuse is dumbing society, I'm not sure how much Marx would agree with prohibiting the exercise of liberties for individuals to determine that for themselves... oh wait, he was a communist!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

Praxeas.... I think you are up to the old "you" game again. Almost responded to that post that had my name in it saying, "I didn't have a clue!" Then I noticed it was dated in 2007, way before my time on AFF.

So, lol, , give me credit, "I did have a clue!" maybe not about TV but about "you!"

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
Here is a victory report from the UPC couple who were on Wife Swap.

http://www.ninetyandnine.com/sblog/2...tories_28.html
....and you might find a perfect chocolate cup-cake in the bottom of a full garbage can, too. People play the lottery and one in a million (or more, usually) eventually win. Now, what are the chances of NOT finding a perfectly edible dessert in the bottom of a trash can....or playing the lottery and NOT winning the grand prize? Exactly. Even a kid can figure this stuff out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
The issue is not if anyone can be reached, but how many will be lost because the door was opened.
More accuratly CB, just how many will be lost bucause the idea of "the opening of the door is now not hardly a problem" will not be taught against. It has been open, just mostly hid in shame; but now with it "off the books" the shame is gone and as stated, it will indeed go much much farther than initially intended. Sin ALWAYS does that.

Should just {/thread} after these two posts! lol
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
Isaiah 54:17`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````````````````