Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Chef's Corner
Facebook

Notices

Chef's Corner Every Cook's favorite place! Post your recipes, share your cooking tips and ideas, etc.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
It's already in my pantry.
Dude... with those 2 in your pantry you have it all do you not?

When we grill steaks (even we just do them on the stove) that Bolners makes some BLOWOUT steaks.

Of course it is good for fajitas but it is good for so much more.

My wife uses it with vegetables sometimes (Sauteed Squash etc). The first time I saw her put it in there I thought WHAT? But it was great.

I made fried pork chops last night and I seasoned the chops with Bolners and the flour with Tony C's.

A marriage made in heaven.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Ronzo

I also have Rudy's Rub in there as well.

The three of them are the holy trinity of seasonings.

If you are ok with 'premade' BBQ sauce, I also recommend "Rudy's Sause"
Old 02-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
I also have Rudy's Rub in there as well.

The three of them are the holy trinity of seasonings.

If you are ok with 'premade' BBQ sauce, I also recommend "Rudy's Sause"
I have no problem with premade sauces but it has to be bold... I have no use for sweet BBQ sauce... premade or not.

I will have to get my hands on some Rubys Rub if you rate it up there with the other 2.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Ronzo

Rudy's sauce is very bold.

Lots of tomato and black pepper flavor. There are others in it of course, but those two really stand out. It would work great as a marinade in my opinion, if you cut it slightly with some flavorful liquid of your chouce. I have a huge jar of it in my fridge.

It is not sweet like Kraft or most of the other stuff you get in the grocery store.

I'm not sure if you've ever been there or not, but if you ever get the chance, you should go. Their extra moist brisket is 'like buttah'. It's delicious. And their breakfast tacos... fuggheddabowdit.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:43 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Rudy's sauce is very bold.

Lots of tomato and black pepper flavor. There are others in it of course, but those two really stand out. It would work great as a marinade in my opinion, if you cut it slightly with some flavorful liquid of your chouce. I have a huge jar of it in my fridge.

It is not sweet like Kraft or most of the other stuff you get in the grocery store.

I'm not sure if you've ever been there or not, but if you ever get the chance, you should go. Their extra moist brisket is 'like buttah'. It's delicious. And their breakfast tacos... fuggheddabowdit.
Alright... I will put it on my list.

I have never been there and the closest one is in Tyler Texas (about 2 hours) but we do get over that way from time to time.

I get down to Houston a few times a year on the way to visit my parents. I am surprised that they don't have any Houston Locations.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Ronzo

I am too.

I don't imagine it will be long before they get there though. I don't understand the logic of going to Tyler before Houston.... but who am I?

I consider them one of the best BBQ places in Austin. They may be a chain, but they're definitely not the McDonalds of BBQ.