Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Registered Member

A testimony

Years ago I was pastoring in Ky. for a season over a month all I could preach was deliverance-healing-signs-miracles-faith-etc. our building filled we were sitting out folding chairs. I could not preach anything else it was all that God gave me. We were busting at the seams. Then one Sunday night the Lord gave me the message on "The Divine Prescription" from the story of Naaman boy things were high as a kite but when I got to "when he dipped according to the saying of the man of God he was made clean" and preached the plan we were able to seat everyone without a problem the next week. God allowed that to happen to me to let me know it was NOT myself or my ministry that hampered growth but the MESSAGE. My ministry and soul is not being put on the altar of popular opinion and money. I bought the truth and it is NOT for sale!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:55 PM
hammondb3klingon1

I believe that there is a "Divine Prescription" where the Man of God teaches the word. The standards that come from the word are right and true. I have a problem when the Man of God starts dictation on everything the saints do. I have seen where the Pastor had to be asked permission to go out of town, which job to take, I don't mean asking to pray about it. I know personally of a case where the saint had a job making 6 figures, the pastor told him to quit, the saint quit, then asked the pastor why and the pastor said "No reason". This is not hearsay.

Having said that, When it comes to the preached word of the Lord, I do my best to obey. I have done things, even if I did not understand, just out of obedience and I believe I was blessed for that. SO, where is the line between the "Divine Prescription" and "Lording over the heritage of God". I ask this not in any way accusatory. I ask with a heavy heart due to a situation close to me.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondb3klingon1 View Post
I believe that there is a "Divine Prescription" where the Man of God teaches the word. The standards that come from the word are right and true. I have a problem when the Man of God starts dictation on everything the saints do. I have seen where the Pastor had to be asked permission to go out of town, which job to take, I don't mean asking to pray about it. I know personally of a case where the saint had a job making 6 figures, the pastor told him to quit, the saint quit, then asked the pastor why and the pastor said "No reason". This is not hearsay.

Having said that, When it comes to the preached word of the Lord, I do my best to obey. I have done things, even if I did not understand, just out of obedience and I believe I was blessed for that. SO, where is the line between the "Divine Prescription" and "Lording over the heritage of God". I ask this not in any way accusatory. I ask with a heavy heart due to a situation close to me.
The Divine Prescription I was preaching about was the new birth of water and the Spirit not asking permission to work.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Registered Member

The Name is the dividing line Jesus said "ye shall be hated of all nations for my NAME'S sake." Men today yet blaspheme that worthy name.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:34 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
The Name is the dividing line Jesus said "ye shall be hated of all nations for my NAME'S sake." Men today yet blaspheme that worthy name.
I agree...and always wonder that if it ever came down to sufferring persecution would we be able to stand. I have thought long and hard about the baptism thing...and I would have to say I would die standing for Jesus name baptism.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 02-26-2007, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

I am reluctant to post this because it looks as if I am boasting or promoting self. But we can only speak from experience and mine is this. My father pastored a large Charismatic Baptist church that had thousands of members with a regular attendance of about 2,000 on Sunday with a large multi-media
outlet and I was his heir apparent. However my stand for truth cost me but I have never looked back.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I am reluctant to post this because it looks as if I am boasting or promoting self. But we can only speak from experience and mine is this. My father pastored a large Charismatic Baptist church that had thousands of members with a regular attendance of about 2,000 on Sunday with a large multi-media
outlet and I was his heir apparent. However my stand for truth cost me but I have never looked back.
Elder E, your stand cost you very little in regards to this world, as you gained truth and life eternal.... if your father remained in false-doctrine, he is the one that paid a much, much higher cost.... eternity always helps us keep proper perspective....

God bless.... keep the truth....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 02-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
Elder E, your stand cost you very little in regards to this world, as you gained truth and life eternal.... if your father remained in false-doctrine, he is the one that paid a much, much higher cost.... eternity always helps us keep proper perspective....

God bless.... keep the truth....
Temporal riches here or eternal riches later where neither thief nor moth and corrupt.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:05 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Good testimony. I remember your dad. He use to come on the radio when I was frist converted in Miami. Use to listen to him , Don Stewart, R.G. Hardy, Bro. Schambach, Rev. Ike (now he was a character!). and many others. I was wondering, and hope you don't mind my asking, how did you, having grown up in the healing, salvation, prosperity era of big tents and big ministries, get into the Apostolic Movement? I know the Lord led you, but was wondering how you moved from that atmosphere into where the Lord has led you?

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:13 PM
Garfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
Good testimony. I remember your dad. He use to come on the radio when I was frist converted in Miami. Use to listen to him , Don Stewart, R.G. Hardy, Bro. Schambach, Rev. Ike (now he was a character!). and many others. I was wondering, and hope you don't mind my asking, how did you, having grown up in the healing, salvation, prosperity era of big tents and big ministries, get into the Apostolic Movement? I know the Lord led you, but was wondering how you moved from that atmosphere into where the Lord has led you?
I understand that SE didn't meet the height requirement and so he went with the Apostolics.