Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Administrator

New Branhamite Church

Over the past year or so when out riding my motorcycle I have passed by a beautiful new church building called "Believers Tabernacle".

It is on the outskirts of Murfreesboro, TN which is a bedroom community to Nashville.

For a long time I have meant to google it to see if it was a Pentecostal, Charismatic, or "Bible" church since no denominiation was on the sign.

I finally remembered to do so this morning and was quite surprised to find out that this nice new church seating 350+ is a Branhamite church.

I am pasting a link below to their website. One of the really interesting (and cultish) things I saw was when you click on the link to their music page. At the top as an explanation / justfication for the use of music in the church they have a long quote from a William Branhamite sermon where he is asking the pianist or organist to play, etc.

Under beliefs they also state that God has always had a prophet for each of the seven church ages and William Branham was God's prophet for the seventh church age.

Scary.

http://www.believerstabernacle.net/home.html

Elder Epley (and anybody else) are you familiar with this church and pastor?
Old 05-25-2008, 08:03 AM
Matthew 7:6

Re: New Branhamite Church

I don't know that much about Branhamites, although I've been hearing of them for a while now; but I'm curious to see how their beliefs differ from mainstream Apostolics.

They do seem to believe in baptism in Jesus name , and receiving the Holy Ghost.
Not sure if people receive the Holy Ghost speaking with tongues int their churches, or where they're at on the Godhead.

I'd definitely be interested in hearing more from those who have more knowledge about the Branhamites.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Sister Alvear

There are a lot of them here in Brazil...very cultish and like you said scary. In the past I have debated several of them.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 05-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Sister Alvear

They are serpent seed for one thing. They do not all believe the same thing on many issues but they all agree on serpent seed doctrine.

Old 05-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

I did not realize any of their churches had a congregation of that size. Mostly the ones I have had contact with have had fairly small groups. Our pastor has cousins that have went that direction.
They do have some fairly different ideas on things. On the surface they tend to look a lot like Apostolic/Pentecostal people. Don't remember all the stuff I had read about them back a few years ago but they do tend to be out there.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

They dont believe tongues as the only initial evidence. They believe one is saved at repentance. To their credit they do believe in the annihilation of the wicked.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Matthew 7:6

some pretty good information on them here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branhamism

And Bro Reckart has an article on them here
http://jesus-messiah.com/branham/branham.html
I'm not a fan of Reckart by any means, but he does seem to have some useful info on Branham.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

I do not know this pastor it would seem odd God would send him to city where there is already a sizable Branhamite church? The pastor of the other church is aging so I guess they will evangelize that church.
Also at Smyrna there is already a split off that church. I woonder who is predestinated among the 3?
Old 05-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Sister Alvear

Evangelize by listening to tapes...probably...that is what they do in Brazil...they have lots of splits over here.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I do not know this pastor it would seem odd God would send him to city where there is already a sizable Branhamite church? The pastor of the other church is aging so I guess they will evangelize that church.
Also at Smyrna there is already a split off that church. I woonder who is predestinated among the 3?
The pastor appears to be Indian or Pakastani or some such nationality. Most of the congregation appears to be white and black though.

I was wondering if maybe this church wasn't one of the area Branamhite churches just relocated to a new building.

Of course it could be a split. On their website they have photos from their building dedication Nov 07 that are interesting. Appear to show what I think are probably other Branhamite preachers.