Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 04-24-2017, 02:26 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,459
Re: Christian Persecution increasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Yes, actually you are. You have a salvation by works-and-popular-reputation package.

Of course, YOU don't see it that way, but that's because you can't actually conceive of the fact you might be wrong.

Hence, no self examination. No examination of facts. No examination of actual claims. Instead, you just go round and round on the playground of emotionalism, like a gripey, crabby, neurotic woman who wonders why all the men in her life keep dumping her
.
Jason displays sociopathic narcissistic behavior?
__________________
Television was our chief tool in selling our policy." ~Richard Haass, quote about the CFR.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 04-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,459
Re: Christian Persecution increasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
You guys are something else.
Here let me fill in the rest...


Jason: "You guys are something else. I just want people to tell me that I preach good, teach good, sound good, and know stuff.."

s
__________________
Television was our chief tool in selling our policy." ~Richard Haass, quote about the CFR.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 04-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Jason B Jason B is offline
Saved by Grace


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Decatur, TX
Posts: 5,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

Here let me fill in the rest...

Jason: "You guys are something else. I just want people to tell me that I preach good, teach good, sound good, and know stuff.."

s
Ha, the laughs never stop.

Neither do the posts, everyday at all hours of the day. You guys need to get a job, or do y'all just sit idle all day and spout about "the truth"?
__________________
"Resolved: That all men should live to the glory of God. Resolved, secondly: That whether or not anyone else does, I will." ~Jonathan Edwards

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 04-24-2017, 03:49 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,459
Re: Christian Persecution increasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
Ha, the laughs never stop.

Neither do the posts, everyday at all hours of the day. You guys need to get a job, or do y'all just sit idle all day and spout about "the truth"?
You're here with us Superman.
__________________
Television was our chief tool in selling our policy." ~Richard Haass, quote about the CFR.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 04-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Jason B Jason B is offline
Saved by Grace


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Decatur, TX
Posts: 5,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

You want to know why?

Because he just doesn't snivel like you. Bro, you bring Brother Epley up way too much. Are you jealous? My mother would say you were, but she would also say that you loved him.
Nah, I just bring up Steve Epley because he's a member here and because he has been outspoken as far as condemning essentially everyone. He doesn't mince words or back down when specific people are named.

Actually, I've got a degree of respect for him because he is consistent. He has a spine. I disagree with a ton of his theology, doctrine, ecclesiology , etc, but find a post where I condemn him, the man, rather than just his views. You ALWAYS have to resort to ad hominem attacks, but then again, of course you have to. The more you can attack a person and their character, the less talk about the specifics of your doctrine.

I understand. You got saved from a biker gang into this. You want it to be THE truth, you want it to be right. It'd be a ton of crow to eat after raising your girls this way now. So you grit you teeth and rant and rage, attempting to destroy any who reveal your emperor has no clothes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Jason, Jason, Jason, you came into the Apostolic movement and wanted to get behind the pulpit way too fast? Hey, sue me, it may be just my opinion. But you sound like a guy who was more focused on the pulpit, being the "preacher" more than waiting for God to move you where He wanted you.
As usual you don't know what you're talking about. I did first preach in 2002 after only being in the movement 2 years, but that was a rarity. I didn't preach on a regular weekly basis until late 2007/early 2008, so nearly 8 years in.

I left the movement in 2010 and helped a former upci evangelist who pastored in the D/FW metroplex, but the flavor of that quickly turned too TBNish for me, and I left and just went to a local conservative Bible Church. Didn't even mention I was a preacher just came to sit back for a while. I eventually ended up pastoring that church, not seeking that. After 3 years, and adopting 2 kids I resigned that position, and again am simply attending church. This time the congregation is quite large and I won't be asked to fill in or begin preaching anytime soon. I also preached 4 years at Wise County Jail, I was one of only 2 pastors who did, as most churches had groups of lay people who would come on behalf of the church. Also I have always held a full time job regardless of ministry commitments and have never accepted any financial payment for preaching, because I always had a job that provided what I needed.

So yeah, I guess thats what people do who are focused on a pulpit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

Why do I say this? Because you hang around and have occasional fits when people on an APOSTOLIC FORUM make APOSTOLIC CLAIMS. Jason, you must be in some sort of limbo, because it is a bit odd to hang around an Apostolic forum and think Apostolics think Trinitarians are cool.
.
I post here, what less than 10, maybe 5 times a week? I have the app on my phone, friends who are UPC, and I keep up with it at a distance. I could jump.in the UPC anytime and be involved immediately in ministry. That's not what I'm chasing. Now I am encouraged that the UPC is moving to a more centrist modern position on a lot of things.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

I don't, Martin Luther believed the devil was attacking him everytime he sat on the commode. You like that, good.
Am I a Lutheran? I like some of Luther's stuff, some was a bit silly, other outright raging. Some of the stuff he wrote against the papacy needed to be said, even with the indignation it was. The points about justification and the gospel were dead on. His works on the Jews, Anabaptists, and even the Swiss Reformed led by Zwingli were not Christlike at all. He definitely knew how to get mean. You ought to dig that, he'd probably post in similar style to yourself.
__________________
"Resolved: That all men should live to the glory of God. Resolved, secondly: That whether or not anyone else does, I will." ~Jonathan Edwards

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 04-24-2017, 04:33 PM
Jason B Jason B is offline
Saved by Grace


 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Decatur, TX
Posts: 5,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post

You're here with us Superman.
I am, but I got off work at 315. Having posted here and facebook for a while, I know that if people on this forum lived by this, there'd be a lot of hungry people:

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
2 Thessalonians 5:10-12
__________________
"Resolved: That all men should live to the glory of God. Resolved, secondly: That whether or not anyone else does, I will." ~Jonathan Edwards

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 04-24-2017, 06:32 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,459
Re: Christian Persecution increasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
Nah, I just bring up Steve Epley because he's a member here and because he has been outspoken as far as condemning essentially everyone. He doesn't mince words or back down when specific people are named.

Actually, I've got a degree of respect for him because he is consistent. He has a spine. I disagree with a ton of his theology, doctrine, ecclesiology , etc, but find a post where I condemn him, the man, rather than just his views. You ALWAYS have to resort to ad hominem attacks, but then again, of course you have to. The more you can attack a person and their character, the less talk about the specifics of your doctrine.
Find a post where you attacked him? Bro, it was the post which you just named him. You named the man, you didn't enter into a Bible discussion. Neo, you really need to take the red pill, go back and re-read your original post. Then read mine again. I make no excuses for what I say or what I post to you. Because what I point out to you is really what needs to be discussed. You posting back to me shows that you care about defending not doctrine, not Bible, but you. Esaias was correct, and no one is going to stand idly by while you post attacks.

Jason dig thy self.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
I understand. You got saved from a biker gang into this. You want it to be THE truth, you want it to be right. It'd be a ton of crow to eat after raising your girls this way now. So you grit you teeth and rant and rage, attempting to destroy any who reveal your emperor has no clothes.
Jason, you do admire yourself. I mean as you post you really believe that you are light, and we are darkness. This is why anyone who believes opposite than you would love to pick on you. Because you are jumping up and down cutting yourself, screaming for fire to come down to receive your sacrifice.

Jason?

You are just waiting for us to tell you how pretty you are.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
As usual you don't know what you're talking about.
No, sadly, I'm not. Want to know why? Because you are here defending how pretty you are. You are good, we are bad, you shine as the light into the darkness, you are warrior standing on the bodies of the false prophets. All while embracing the Trinitarians, and all who call themselves Christians.

You are the hero.

If this wasn't the truth, then the rest of this post wouldn't be so much of a saga.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
I did first preach in 2002 after only being in the movement 2 years, but that was a rarity. I didn't preach on a regular weekly basis until late 2007/early 2008, so nearly 8 years in.

I left the movement in 2010 and helped a former upci evangelist who pastored in the D/FW metroplex, but the flavor of that quickly turned too TBNish for me, and I left and just went to a local conservative Bible Church. Didn't even mention I was a preacher just came to sit back for a while. I eventually ended up pastoring that church, not seeking that. After 3 years, and adopting 2 kids I resigned that position, and again am simply attending church. This time the congregation is quite large and I won't be asked to fill in or begin preaching anytime soon. I also preached 4 years at Wise County Jail, I was one of only 2 pastors who did, as most churches had groups of lay people who would come on behalf of the church. Also I have always held a full time job regardless of ministry commitments and have never accepted any financial payment for preaching, because I always had a job that provided what I needed.
Jason, some people are sent, and others just went. You brought up a very important point concerning Elder Epley.

Consistent.

You, are not.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
So yeah, I guess thats what people do who are focused on a pulpit.
Yep, that is what they do. They weren't prepared for the journey, they know enough Bible to be dangerous. Sadly, they end up as confused as you. You started out with the One Godders yet like a bottle rocket let go by the tail, all over the place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
I post here, what less than 10, maybe 5 times a week?
You are here. You are posting, you are making yourself look silly.

You post, I can't for the life of me figure out how individuals bring up anyone's posting habits. When they are posting themselves. You are a regular, if you were Hoovie, then you would get some slack. But you are Jason Badejoe who is a regular poster. You always find the time in your busy schedule to tell us how evil we are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
I have the app on my phone,
I don't. But you do. I guess you have arranged it so you can keep tabs, and regularly post? Jason, the more you talk the more you sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
friends who are UPC,
I guess they have to not break eggs around you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
and I keep up with it at a distance. I could jump.in the UPC anytime and be involved immediately in ministry. That's not what I'm chasing. Now I am encouraged that the UPC is moving to a more centrist modern position on a lot of things.
Jason? Did I ever tell you that you are so beautiful, I would have to kneel to touch your feet like you were Sri Ram.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
Am I a Lutheran?
No, no, not at all. Lutherans aren't confused about what they are. They aren't Lutherans in 2002, and become butterflies in 2017. Now, they are consistent, they are Lutheran. They understand what they believe, and they make their bones in what they believe. They are known by other Lutheran, that they are Lutherans in good standing. They go to Lutheran seminaries, and believe with all their soul that what they have studied is as Bible as Jesus Christ. Never, do they look over at the Sedevacantist, and say wow, I could jump in there anytime and be involved immediately in ministry. No, bro, you aren't a Lutheran.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
I like some of Luther's stuff, some was a bit silly, other outright raging. Some of the stuff he wrote against the papacy needed to be said, even with the indignation it was. The points about justification and the gospel were dead on. His works on the Jews, Anabaptists, and even the Swiss Reformed led by Zwingli were not Christlike at all. He definitely knew how to get mean. You ought to dig that, he'd probably post in similar style to yourself.
Jason, let me let you in on a secret.

If you believe that you float when you walk, and drip honey when you talk. If you believe that you are soft as candy floss and twice as sweet. You never make final zingers as a Parthian shot. Want to know why?

Because it makes your mask slip.
__________________
Television was our chief tool in selling our policy." ~Richard Haass, quote about the CFR.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 04-24-2017 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 04-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,459
Re: Christian Persecution increasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason B View Post
I am, but I got off work at 315. Having posted here and facebook for a while, I know that if people on this forum lived by this, there'd be a lot of hungry people:

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies. Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.
2 Thessalonians 5:10-12
1 Timothy 5:17-18

Church leaders who do their job well deserve to be paid twice as much, especially if they work hard at preaching and teaching. 18 It is just as the Scriptures say, “Don’t muzzle an ox when you are using it to grind grain.” You also know the saying, “Workers are worth their pay.”

1 Corinthians 9:13-14

Don’t you know that people who work in the temple make their living from what is brought to the temple? Don’t you know that a person who serves at the altar is given part of what is offered? In the same way, the Lord wants everyone who preaches the good news to make a living from preaching this message.
__________________
Television was our chief tool in selling our policy." ~Richard Haass, quote about the CFR.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 04-24-2017, 07:03 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Backwoods Theologian


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 12,516
Re: Christian Persecution increasing

After picking up supplies from town, hitting the feed store, mowing the yard, tending to my baby Concord grape vines, inspecting the squash, bell peppers, tomatoes, and watermelons, going by the bank, paying some bills, and getting things ready to spread some feed grade DE around the garden plants, I wonder if I'm now qualified to post on AFF today?

__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

#TEXIT

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 04-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,459
Re: Christian Persecution increasing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
After picking up supplies from town, hitting the feed store, mowing the yard, tending to my baby Concord grape vines, inspecting the squash, bell peppers, tomatoes, and watermelons, going by the bank, paying some bills, and getting things ready to spread some feed grade DE around the garden plants, I wonder if I'm now qualified to post on AFF today?

I guess we have to check with JasonB.

Why, JasonB straddles the narrow world like a giant, and we petty men walk under his huge legs and look forward only to dying dishonorably, as slaves.

__________________
Television was our chief tool in selling our policy." ~Richard Haass, quote about the CFR.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Worldwide Christian Persecution Michael The Disciple Fellowship Hall 11 09-29-2014 01:32 PM
Increasing and Abounding Love KeptByTheWord Fellowship Hall 11 08-27-2014 06:10 PM
Are Your Borders Increasing? shazeep Islamic Issues and News 8 06-23-2014 08:11 AM
Christian Persecution in Egypt Praxeas Fellowship Hall 2 01-26-2010 06:31 PM
More Christian Persecution Praxeas Fellowship Hall 0 05-26-2007 03:41 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Aquila
- by Aquila
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.