Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.

Old 05-08-2015, 12:22 PM
Registered Member

Bible Study

What do others on here use for home bible studies?

My parents used Exploring God's Word. I've also seen Search for Truth. Are there any others which are comparable, or even better than either of these?

Looking to use these as an introductory Bible study for people who have either never been to church, or are new converts.

Last edited by n david; 05-08-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-06-2017, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

Re: Bible Study

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

My parents used Exploring God's Word. I've also seen Search for Truth. Are there any others which are comparable, or even better than either of these?

Looking to use these as an introductory Bible study for people who have either never been to church, or are new converts.
Just my modern bible , the ancient text and a dictionary .
Old 05-06-2017, 11:33 AM
Yeshua is God

Quote:

I used to teach from both, however after I begun to realize that some of the ideas proposed in those study were not truly biblical, I quit using them.

I started creating my own charts based on those two studies.
However my hired artist decided to go and do something else, so they were not finished.
Perhaps one day I will again look for a professional cartoonist to create those teaching charts.

Lesson learned, if you hire someone make sure they are committed to finishing the job you hired them for.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:48 AM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
is this real great commission? I mean you believe that or you just interpet the text?
Thank you.
That is a different topic than home Bible studies.

However Yes I do believe that the Great Commission originally read "in my name", I spent over 10 years doing research on Mat 28:19 and became fully convinced that yes indeed that was the original text.

I even wrote the book "The Original Matthew 28:19 Restored" which can be bought at Amazon.

Also in our web site we have a list of 46 gospels of Matthew without the trinitaritan text.

and a list of over 100 citations by Eusebius which mention or connect the name of Jesus with the great commission.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
That is a different topic than home Bible studies.

However Yes I do believe that the Great Commission originally read "in my name", I spent over 10 years doing research on Mat 28:19 and became fully convinced that yes indeed that was the original text.

I even wrote the book "The Original Matthew 28:19 Restored" which can be bought at Amazon.

Also in our web site we have a list of 46 gospels of Matthew without the trinitaritan text.

and a list of over 100 citations by Eusebius which mention or connect the name of Jesus with the great commission.
thanks.
Old 05-06-2017, 03:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:

I try to do as follows:

1. Overview of structure of the Bible (brief, takes about 5-10 minutes, includes a basic chart/visual aid). Old vs New Testament, Law, History, Wisdom/Poetry, Major/Minor Prophets, Gospels/Acts, Epistles, Apocalypse.

2. Fundamentals of Bible study: Daily reading plan; Chapter study (things to look for - commands, promises, warnings, examples); Where to start (discussion on which book to begin with); Dealing with difficulties and the importance of congregational study combined with asking questions of more experienced saints. Includes a 1 chapter example study (do it with them, let them find commands, examples, etc, answer questions as needed, but encourage them to find the information in the text itself - remember, not looking for our opinions but "what does the text say").

3. If they are unconverted, can have them decide on a topic, then you build a concise study on that topic but designed to lead them to making a decision. If they are brand new converts, then either 1 Corinthians or Romans makes an excellent basic course in fundamental doctrine.

4. Also, new converts need a brief presentation of why and how to pray regularly (I reference everything from scripture concerning when, how, and what to pray as individuals, families, and with the congregation). You will need to model prayer with them and encourage them to pray during the study time, lead by example, that sort of thing.

5. Every study should conclude with an encouragement to determine 1-3 things in the student's life that need to change based on what was studied ("How can I put what I've learned into practice, now?" etc). Following study times should include a questioning like "Have you been successful in implementing what was learned last time? What difficulties have you encountered?" etc along with everyone praying for each other's diffi ulties, successes, failures, etc. As teacher you will have to participate on equal footing in this regard (you will be doing the same things you are teaching them to do, etc).

I tend to favor the teacher developing their own studies tailored to the individual(s) being taught rather than just buying a study from a publisher. I also favor a "stump the chump" session (!) where students can ask any question, and if teacher doesn't have answer he must write it down and research it for next study time to give a solid Bible answer.

The goal is to develop personal study habits, personal prayer habits, personal change in lifestyle to conform to scripture, and equipping for more effective participation in congregational prayer and worship as well as training to disciple others, by example.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-06-2017, 03:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

For the unconverted, I have heard good reports about the "Water and Spirit Bible Study" method.

https://waterandspirit.com

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf