Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

Pentecostal Testimonies

How about posting something GOOD that happened to you in Pentecost?
Please no negatives on this thread just some good testimonies.
I got saved-healed-blessed-helped-strengthened at Pentecostal altars and services. I am a better person and on my way to Heaven because I walked through the doors of a Pentecostal church. I got the Holy Ghost at 11 it has kept me from alcohol-drugs-cigarrettes-illicit affairs-out of jail-depression.
I am happy with my past-present-future in the church. Failed in the past they restored me-have failings in the present they are praying for me-and sadly I will probably fail in the future but they will pick me up. I love Pentecost.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Not wrestling w/ flesh n blood

Smile Re: Pentecostal Testimonies

On 1/31/91 I found what my soul was looking for! Truth. That is what I am most thankful for.. Truth! This Holy Ghost is what my soul has yearned for my whole life. And it has led and guided me these 17 yrs. I'm not sure how people live life without the Lord.

I know where I'd be without the Lord.. dead, or locked up. God has been so kind and patient with me. I was a teenage alcoholic and seriously addicted to many substances. But today.. I am no longer an alcoholic.. I'm Apostolic!!

Thank God for Men of God, who will preach and tell it like it is!!

The gloves are off.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Re: Pentecostal Testimonies

I was saved at a pentecostal altar 19 years ago, I lived with two different amazing pentecostal foster families... I met my husband at a pentecostal Bible College...

"You will be hated for my sake-Just remember that it should be for MY sake and not YOURS-
Do NOT act in such a way as to be offensive, and then blame it on me"

Love, God
Old 08-12-2008, 02:23 PM
My Family!

Pentecost has been nothing but good to me and for me!

Received the Holy Ghost and was baptized in 1968 (at a very young age - lol)!

I met my husband in a Pentecostal Bible school and from that produced two beautiful children who were dedicated in a Pentecostal church (actually Headquarters church that should count for something extra - lol)!

I'm third generation Pentecostal!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Standing fast in liberty!

At an Apostolic Church in 1985, the truth found me. I was 18 years old, raised Roman Catholic, but had questions that centuries of tradition could not answer. All I knew was that I needed "something." When Jesus found me, I knew that was what I needed.

Filled with the Holy Ghost baptism on June 23, 1985 and water-baptized in Jesus' Name later that same evening. I have found rest for my soul!

Bishop Don Johnson used to be a frequent visitor at my church, and I would just love to hear him sing his "I Can't Complain" song! What an awesome tribute to the goodness of God!

I've had some bad days
And I've had hills to climb
I've had some sad days
And then a weary mind
But when I look about
And think these things all out
All of the good days outweigh the bad days
And I can't complain

God is so good to me
He is so good to me
More than this world could be
He's so good to me
His Spirit came to me
And gave me victory
God is so good to me
I can't complain.

Hallelujah!! I love you, Jesus!!
Old 08-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Psalms 132:1

Received the Holy Ghost 2/9/64, married 7/2/64 and GOD has been GOOD to MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

DOCTOR Old Paths for all your spiritual needs.

STILL believing the same after all these years
Old 08-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

My younger brother was healed of terminal Leukemia at the age of 15! Not only that, but after God saw him through the 4 years of treatment that the doctors required (despite the fact that he went into immediate remission after being given 6 months to a year to live), he was told that he would never be able to have children, and that he would have problems with his teeth, eyes and multiple other health problems for the rest of his life because of the radiation and chemo he had been through.

He has two beautiful children, his teeth are fine, he occasionally wears glasses to read, and other than the horrible allergies that all of my family suffers with, he is very healthy. His doctor recently told him that if he didn't have his medical records in front of him, he would not believe that he had ever had cancer. (aside from a few scars, of course)
Old 08-12-2008, 02:43 PM
The LORD will fight for you

I appreciate the truth of the oneness of God that I found in an Apostolic Pentecostal church. I will always be thankful to a loving God who lead me to this truth.

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 08-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
How about posting something GOOD that happened to you in Pentecost?
Please no negatives on this thread just some good testimonies.
I got saved-healed-blessed-helped-strengthened at Pentecostal altars and services. I am a better person and on my way to Heaven because I walked through the doors of a Pentecostal church. I got the Holy Ghost at 11 it has kept me from alcohol-drugs-cigarrettes-illicit affairs-out of jail-depression.
I am happy with my past-present-future in the church. Failed in the past they restored me-have failings in the present they are praying for me-and sadly I will probably fail in the future but they will pick me up. I love Pentecost.
5th Generation Oneness Pentecostal
Recieved the Holy Ghost at the age of 7 at Pentecostal Church, baptized the same day.

Prayed through at various times at a Pentecostal Church while a teenager

Remained a Virgin all through my teens at a Pentecostal Church

Attended a Pentecostal Bible College that changed my life

Ministered and worked for a large Pentecostal Church and Organization

Traveled and preached around the world and in various parts of the Country in Pentecostal Churches

Operated in and taught others how to be used in Spiritual Gifts in Pentecostal Churches

Married my wife and dedicated all of my sons in Pentecostal Churches

Just released a son in the Gospel to be a music minister in very large Pentecostal Church in the South

There you go, Pentecost has been good to me!

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

I learned how to play music really good in a Pentecostal church. We were known all over for our music. I had some great mentors who taught me the value of learning to play by ear and didn't have a problem with me rocking out on guitar.

I had many good friends who were sincere and really loved me. I respected those who taught me in the only way they knew how.

Thank you UPC for all you have done in my life.